Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

I've kind of been dismissing this as stale media ping-pong. But if that story is 'fresh', and Ulloa is all done and dusted, it would seem we really are up for another striker. The most curious element for me is where does this leave the Campbell deal? Personally, I think we need all three.

Will probably get shot down for this however, I would welcome this signing. I think it sends out a clear message that Nige doesn't just want to good boys who never talk back. He's bidding for him because he thinks he could offer something different, which I think he would to! He's lethal when he gets a chance & his goalscoring record is amazing. In terms of him being in prison, I couldn't give 2 shits what any of our players did off the field. As long as they put in 100% during match day & play with their heart week In week out, that's all that matters for me. Deeney plays with pride. He's one of them you hate If he's against you but adore him if he's your player. I personally hope we reach some sort of agreement.

Deeney, Ulloa, Campbell, Vardy & Nuge would be an very impressive strike force going into the new season.

I also guess Nige was chatting bulls*** when he said we might sign 1 or 2 players!!!

and in a nutshell, there lies the problem with modern football.

I'm surprised by this and it's clear we'll be looking to play 2 up top a lot more than us fans might think. You wouldn't have a front 4 of Vardy, Ulloa, Denney/Campbell and Nugent and only ever play one of them. We're not a club that rotates very often so we'd be in danger of having at least 2 strikers who barely played and that wouldn't be wise.

We are not talking a Marlon king or Nile ranger here ? Repeat offenders ....!

We are all humans FFS? We have had armed robbers on our books in the past.

Deeney would be class.

Teams that get promoted struggle for goals ? If we do sign Leo and deeney I would feel confident of goals ?

We are not talking a Marlon king or Nile ranger here ? Repeat offenders ....!

We are all humans FFS? We have had armed robbers on our books in the past.

Deeney would be class.

Teams that get promoted struggle for goals ? If we do sign Leo and deeney I would feel confident of goals ?

You make an interesting point there, Jamie Lawrence is probably one of the most humble and kindest blokes i've ever met. Talk about a man who has been grateful for a 2nd chance. He is thankful every day of being able to turn his life around. He's got a book coming out soon and I can't wait to read it. 

After another Striker, I guess that means we are intending to play 2 up top?

Very surprised by this. Would mean we had 4 players who all scored 14 or 15 + in the championship.

I never thought we'd play much else apart from in a few games perhaps against the big boys.

I never thought we'd play much else apart from in a few games perhaps against the big boys.

I still think we may play 3 at the back at times too.

A way of adding an extra man in the middle of the park and still have 2 up top.

Exiciting times, so surprised we are in for deeney as well.

Just seems to me that he'd be one of those strikers who has a good season, or two, attracts attention and gets a big move only to go on and flop. Feel that this kind of money could be spent more wisely. I mean, with the rumoured £7.5m being rejected by Rob Tanner, we could have spent that on someone like Caulker who already has PL experience and will only get better. 

Just seems to me that he'd be one of those strikers who has a good season, or two, attracts attention and gets a big move only to go on and flop. Feel that this kind of money could be spent more wisely. I mean, with the rumoured £7.5m being rejected by Rob Tanner, we could have spent that on someone like Caulker who already has PL experience and will only get better. 

But he plays centre back not centre forward??

Nige looks like he wants goals goals goals!!!

You make an interesting point there, Jamie Lawrence is probably one of the most humble and kindest blokes i've ever met. Talk about a man who has been grateful for a 2nd chance. He is thankful every day of being able to turn his life around. He's got a book coming out soon and I can't wait to read it. 

Its already out its called 'From Prison to Premiership' unless there is a new one?

But he plays centre back not centre forward??

Nige looks like he wants goals goals goals!!!

I'm aware where Caulker plays  lol  I mean, for the same sum of money, I don't think there's much that could go wrong with signing someone like Caulker compared to Deeney. For me I'd rather just spend the 600k on Campbell. 

we could have spent that on someone like Caulker who already has PL experience and will only get better. 

What's his goals per game ratio?

I'm aware where Caulker plays  lol  I mean, for the same sum of money, I don't think there's much that could go wrong with signing someone like Caulker compared to Deeney. For me I'd rather just spend the 600k on Campbell. 

Well Caulker could continue to help teams get relegated.

This is NEVER gonna happen.  Not in 6.5 million years. Why would we spend £7.5 on a target man like Ulloa to then buy another target man for £6.5m. No.

We (probably) submitted a bid/enquiry for Deeney about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when our previous bid for Ulloa was rejected.  Even if we were ‘in’ for Deeney there’s no way we’d start at £6.5m. We’d start the bidding low (£3m-ish) as we did for Ulloa.

Watford (or Deeney’s agent) have now chosen to leak this to the media as their way of publicising their starting price for Deeney. £6.5m

The End.

Regardless of Troy Deeney's past he has done well to get his career on track again and has since produced a very impressive couple of seasons of goal scoring form. To come from prison back to the same club and do that deserves immense credit. He's hardly abused his second chance so I'd say there is little risk in this signing from an attitude point of view.

This mentality so many seem to have about "£10mil is nothing nowadays" is the kind of mentality that leads to Portsmouth like situations.

That mentality is ok on a few players... Portsmouth's problem was that they had that mentality for about 20 signings all earning about 50/60k.

This is NEVER gonna happen.  Not in 6.5 million years. Why would we spend £7.5 on a target man like Ulloa to then buy another target man for £6.5m. No.

We (probably) submitted a bid/enquiry for Deeney about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when our previous bid for Ulloa was rejected.  Even if we were ‘in’ for Deeney there’s no way we’d start at £6.5m. We’d start the bidding low (£3m-ish) as we did for Ulloa.

Watford (or Deeney’s agent) have now chosen to leak this to the media as their way of publicising their starting price for Deeney. £6.5m

The End.

Perhaps we just don't fancy Wood at all and he will be off.

Nugent and Vardy to share the pressing from the front position, Ulloa and Deeney to share the target man role.

What's his goals per game ratio?

Well Caulker could continue to help teams get relegated.

I clearly stated how they're players in different positions, I'm just talking about value for money. There are other strikers out there who I feel would justify such a price more so than Deeney, as well as just other players / realistic signings I feel would offer more value for money than Deeney too, Caulker being one of them. He was the stand out player in that Cardiff team, that can't be argued with. Definite future England centre-back and would be perfect alongside Morgan, shame that he'll be off to QPR. 

This is NEVER gonna happen. Not in 6.5 million years. Why would we spend £7.5 on a target man like Ulloa to then buy another target man for £6.5m. No.

We (probably) submitted a bid/enquiry for Deeney about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when our previous bid for Ulloa was rejected. Even if we were ‘in’ for Deeney there’s no way we’d start at £6.5m. We’d start the bidding low (£3m-ish) as we did for Ulloa.

The End.

I thought that with the first bid. But it deems as though this is a new one.

Archived