Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

If this deal goes ahead, think it's save to say wood is gone.

442, with these 2 up top.

433 with vardy and deeney wide?

the money may seem a lot, but when mcormack goes for such money then everyone is gonna look at us and see premiership pound notes. think we have to trust nigel and walsh to have done the homework, hardly see them spending this sort of money on a whim when it took months of background to decide to take knocky and mahrez for what was peanuts in comparison.

So it was an official bid in? Even after we knew Ulloa was going through? Obviously thinks we don't have enough firepower, can't imagine us going in to the season with 6 strikers, though? Vardy to Saints?

If we do sign him then it will be:

Vardy

Ulloa

Deeney

Nugent

So it was an official bid in? Even after we knew Ulloa was going through? Obviously thinks we don't have enough firepower, can't imagine us going in to the season with 6 strikers, though? Vardy to Saints?

Vardy

Nuge

Ulloa

Deeney

GTF 5th choice

Wood - :wave:

Deeney not worth £7.5 million, yet we pay that fee for Ulloa, but Deeney scored more goals last season.

Great logic  :thumbup:

Kingfox talking about logic. The man who didn't want to sign anyone from Manchester United because Drinkwater had been shit.

Kingfox talking about logic. The man who didn't want to sign anyone from Manchester United because Drinkwater had been shit.

Babylon bringing up shit from the past, from the dinosaur era.  

No, Nugent to Burnley.

His average last year was 1.96 gpg...... Since Ulloa arrived at Brighton his has been at a quick calculation 2.11 gpg, which can hardly be sniffed at.

I'm not sure he takes their pennos either.

Ulloa hasn't scored 2.11 goals per game, or anywhere near.

I'm sorry pal, but that's complete horseshit. Ross McCormack has had one very good season for Leeds and he had a decent one for Cardiff a few years before that, but they were happy to let him go then for a modest fee. How is £11 million for him acceptable, but £7-8 million for Ulloa isn't? Ulloa has La Liga experience, his record in the 2nd division in Spain was very good and his record at Brighton puts him as one of the best finishers in the division for the last 2 seasons.

He doesn't take penalties, something which Rhodes and McCormack do and take those away from both and their stats will be similar.

Absolutely spot on.

If we've paid c. 7 million for Ulloa, that's surely about the going rate.

It's pretty much a sellers market for players currently playing in England.

Teams don't really want to sell players. I'm sure Brighton would have rather kept hold of their top striker. Therefore, if you want to buy, you have to make an offer, plus some, these days.

EVEN IF HE NOW FLOPS.. Which I don't think he will. I will still say that 7 mill for Ulloa, at this time, sounds about the going rate. It's now the job of the club, and of course, the player, to ensure that he plays well, fits into our system and thus represents a good outlay.

I recall when we signed Akinbiyi... Controversial though this may sound, before we got him, I recollect that the general consensus was that we were signing a big, strong, goal scorer and that we had to pay pretty much what we paid, to get him.

We then went on to discover that he actually wasn't particularly good and that we paid 'over the odds'.

The same could be true of Ulloa. But that's the chance you take. I believe c. 7 million is just about right, how things stand now, for the player. We need to give him our full backing, trust that the club have made a sound investment and keep our fingers crossed. I would say EXACTLY the same about Troy Deeney. We are now Prem, Watford clearly don't really want to sell.. So if we want him, we will have to pay.

Such is being a Premiership football team.

Ladies and gents, we are now in the big league. The pace is quicker, the expectations even greater, the games tougher. We need to start thinking like the top football team we are. I'm not advocating we go mad, but if we've paid a good sum for Ulloa and we want to pay a good sum for Deeney, then sobeit.

We cannot clamour for promotion and big-time football, then deny ourselves at least an improved squad with which to give it a real crack.

People want Ulloa, yet don't want Deeney.

Bizarre, when Deeney in all honesty is probably a better player.

This. Our fans are saying 'we'll have too many strikers', they need to get it into their thick heads that GTF is hardly going to play, Wood will leave either on permanent/loan deal. We then have a choice of Vardy/Deeney/Ulloa/Nuge. There are going to be injuries, and lose of form etc so each striker will get their chance. Signing Deeney would sure up our attack.

Jesus I hope nobody on here ever does anything wrong and would like a second chance.

I know some perfectly nice people who have got into a scrape at some point in their life, paid for it and regretted it.

The guy seems to have applied himself considerably since his release, as far as I know he was in no trouble before and hasn't been since. When I've seen him play he's been excellent, very strong, great control and a real handful.

I couldn't agree more. People make mistakes...sometimes big ones...but he has paid the penalty and from what I have read he has been remorseful and focused on behaving as he should.

With all we know about Pearson, he's hardly likely to be interested in somebody who didn't display these characteristics.

Archived