Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

Similar to the Vardy to Southampton story this is just info that's coming out weeks after initial enquiries were made. Brighton playing hardball over Ulloa was a factor in this but Nigel's now got his number 1 target so nothing in this story now. Ulloa deal done, should be confirmed officially tomorrow

Any news on Campbell? Did he have a medical at the weekend like reports suggested?

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11355936.Watford_turn_down_Leicester_s_bid_for_Deeney/

Turned us down for Deeney and we've turned their enquiry for King down.

A swap maybe is the only way such deals could happen?

TBH Whilst I like King think its important we keep Deeney...if we can.

Mainly because we have a lot of midfielders and not many strikers proven at this level.

Personally I just hope we don't find ourselves selling him on August 31st at 22:59 in typical Watford style!

Actually I know two people who did exactly what he did, spending time in prison for it also.

I'm not sure what his employment in football has anything to do with not deserving a second chance?

Him being a footballer puts him on a pedestal where he is expected to act in a certain manner as a role model.

Obviously different to a desk job or something.

I called this a while back and got shot down. Think he coul have what it takes to step up, great work rate and knows where the goal is. Can't see Campbell still being a target and west ham and others are eyeing up the other targets. Ulloa, deeney, vards and nuge would be great options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the hatred? Because he scored THAT goal? I'm trying to imagine the reaction on here if Foxestalk was around when we signed David Speedie lol

The hate is because he's a scumbag.

I actually thought he came across really well when they beat us in the playoff semi, spoke very highly of the Leicester fans at the time.

I'd love to see to see him here, he's a cracking player and if he were to cost us 6.5 mill that would be good business imho.

Having said all of that, I'd rather we signed an LB than another striker.

Spot on - after screaming Nooooooooooooo for a few minutes I watched Deeneys post match interview and he was very complimentary about our club, team and fans.

People need to move on from 'that' goal and focus on the last 12 months

Him being a footballer puts him on a pedestal where he is expected to act in a certain manner as a role model.

When will people stop going on about footballers being role models. It's such bullshit it's unreal. Footballers are no different to matey sat next

to you at a desk in the office. Just because they play a sport doesn't mean we should be parading them as people to look up to. Why shouldn't we be looking up to doctors or accountants or ****ing gardeners?

The one thing they all have in common? All human, all likely to **** women, take drugs, get in fights, and get drunk just like the next man.

The problem isn't footballers misbehaving, it's anyone believing they should be role models. I certainly won't be championing them to my kids. They're just someone else turning up to do a job.

What makes me laugh is your all moaning about this guy, oh please don't sign him his overrated, he went to prison, Deeney Day blah blah blah, yet your all starting to bum off Ulloa, yet Deeney scored 25 goals last season, and 20 the season before that. 

It seems to me Pearson wants a Plan B in case Plan A being Ulloa goes tits up. 

Think he is a good striker, always a handful, chases lost causes and although he scored the goal to beat us was very respectful after in his interview.  Would rather have him with something to prove than Campbell who looks like he is after a payday.

Any news on Campbell? Did he have a medical at the weekend like reports suggested?

Not that I know of mate.

Personally think he'd be an absolute bargain at 800k. For everyone commenting about poor attitude and wage demands etc need to seriously relax. Every signing we make have been watched and researched thoroughly. Our scouting structure & system is second to none. Have faith in it

I love all the talk about troy deaney being a big time charlie, being a w@nker etc. on what basis?

yet none of you have ever spoke to him most of you are going on that he scored a goal in the final seconds against us and ran around like a lunatic, So what, any player would do the exact same if we did the same to them. 

so much bitchiness its unbelievable

Deaney was also very respectful and complimentary about our players and club in his after match interview, on that day.

A very decent player in my opinion.

Footballers as role models? Anyone letting their kid use a footballer as a role model needs their knackers chopping off.

I admire his ability, he definitely has a dead-eye for goal when I've seen him play, but kicking someone in the head while they're down and outnumbered... That's pretty shitty. Think I'd struggle to look past that if he played for us.

one of our current fans favourite jamie vardy has been no angel in the past. Not saying what deeney did was right, because it was totally wrong. Hes payed the price and if he was to sign, judge him on his performances

one of our current fans favourite jamie vardy has been no angel in the past. Not saying what deeney did was right, because it was totally wrong. Hes payed the price and if he was to sign, judge him on his performances

Vardy's my favourite. I heard he beat up someone who was making fun of his friend's hearing aid, which if true is pretty commendable. I'm guessing he has been a bit of scrapper in his past but I can't imagine him doing anything as rotten as what Deeney did. There's a huge difference between getting involved in a fight, and booting someone in the head who is already on the floor. That's a complete lack of control and extremely dangerous, been several cases where it is deemed as attempted murder.

Archived