Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

Bid has been rejected f**k me are Watford in a position to turn that money down.

They've probably seen we have upped the bid several times on ulloa... probably want a couple more million from us....

Depends on wages but me personally, if I was managing the team, I'd take him in a heartbeat, think he's a decent striker and possibly could do a job in the prem. but..I'm not the manager.

Not a Pearson type player and we've got plenty of strikers in Ulloa and Campbell if they both sign.

Next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will probably get shot down for this however, I would welcome this signing. I think it sends out a clear message that Nige doesn't just want to good boys who never talk back. He's bidding for him because he thinks he could offer something different, which I think he would to! He's lethal when he gets a chance & his goalscoring record is amazing. In terms of him being in prison, I couldn't give 2 shits what any of our players did off the field. As long as they put in 100% during match day & play with their heart week In week out, that's all that matters for me. Deeney plays with pride. He's one of them you hate If he's against you but adore him if he's your player. I personally hope we reach some sort of agreement.

Deeney, Ulloa, Campbell, Vardy & Nuge would be an very impressive strike force going into the new season.

I also guess Nige was chatting bulls*** when he said we might sign 1 or 2 players!!!

Scored some beaut's last year. Think he would be a better option than Campbell IMO.... Prob would be happy with 30k a week as well. Would give some fierce competition for Vardy.

How good does it feel to be splashing cash on players compared to bobbing and weaving in the loan/free transfer markets!

Great time for Leicester City FC & It's fans, this club is one of the most exciting clubs in England at the moment! I really can't wait for the season to start and see how the likes of Marhez/Knocky/Drinky/Moore/James/Vardy fair in the Premiership! COYYYBBBBB!

Similar to the Vardy to Southampton story this is just info that's coming out weeks after initial enquiries were made. Brighton playing hardball over Ulloa was a factor in this but Nigel's now got his number 1 target so nothing in this story now. Ulloa deal done, should be confirmed officially tomorrow

Makes sense to me!

Vardy's my favourite. I heard he beat up someone who was making fun of his friend's hearing aid, which if true is pretty commendable. I'm guessing he has been a bit of scrapper in his past but I can't imagine him doing anything as rotten as what Deeney did. There's a huge difference between getting involved in a fight, and booting someone in the head who is already on the floor. That's a complete lack of control and extremely dangerous, been several cases where it is deemed as attempted murder.

well we dont no what vardy did to the guy and why deeney did what he did. More to the point JJJS, what do you think to deeney as a player?

Yup... If we'd spent £6.5m and 50/60k a week on Jelavic people would be happy. Despite a rather average record in the top flight.

Players like Deeney and Ulloa shouldn't really be costing you more than £5m, but the transfer landscape has changed.

£8.5m fees for league one players like Rhodes and £11m for McCormack show that.

Even their much better business than UIloa which could be anything up to 10 Million, daylight robbery. Rhodes is a class act anyway belongs in the Prem if you ask me. 

On subject I'd prefer Deeney to Ulloa.

Rhodes is a class act anyway belongs in the Prem if you ask me. 

His average last year was 1.96 gpg...... Since Ulloa arrived at Brighton his has been at a quick calculation 2.11 gpg, which can hardly be sniffed at.

I'm not sure he takes their pennos either.

Even their much better business than UIloa which could be anything up to 10 Million, daylight robbery. Rhodes is a class act anyway belongs in the Prem if you ask me. 

On subject I'd prefer Deeney to Ulloa.

I'm sorry pal, but that's complete horseshit. Ross McCormack has had one very good season for Leeds and he had a decent one for Cardiff a few years before that, but they were happy to let him go then for a modest fee. How is £11 million for him acceptable, but £7-8 million for Ulloa isn't? Ulloa has La Liga experience, his record in the 2nd division in Spain was very good and his record at Brighton puts him as one of the best finishers in the division for the last 2 seasons. 

He doesn't take penalties, something which Rhodes and McCormack do and take those away from both and their stats will be similar. 

people need to understand 6.5mill , 10mill is NOTHING in this day and age just look at the transfers going on around us. 14mill for Borini, 10 mill for Ben Davies, WBA has done 10mill on someone from Holland. We are taking low risk gambles if you ask me. We need competition for places, last year Vardy got injured and we struggled strikers win you goals and to have two strikers that scored 40+ goals in the championship last year going in to a league where lets be honest the bottom ten teams isnt much different to the top ten in the championship. I would be happy with both Deeney has a bit of a past its in the past people makes mistakes and i guarantee it wouldn't happen under Np reign. 

Guest MattP

I admire his ability, he definitely has a dead-eye for goal when I've seen him play, but kicking someone in the head while they're down and outnumbered... That's pretty shitty. Think I'd struggle to look past that if he played for us.

Same, I'm usually all for a second chance but booting someone in the head on the floor is the behaviour of an animal, it takes a hell of a lot to go to prison these days and it was that bad the judge had no choice to but to send him down, vile creature.

one of our current fans favourite jamie vardy has been no angel in the past. Not saying what deeney did was right, because it was totally wrong. Hes payed the price and if he was to sign, judge him on his performances

Hugely different situations if we take what we have been given at face value.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/11356487._/

7.5m rejected now ???

Leicester City's second offer for Troy Deeney - understood to be worth £7.5m - rejected by Watford

The Hornets have turned down another bid from Leicester City for striker Troy Deeney, which the Watford Observer understands was a £7.5m offer.

The Foxes made the second bid after the Golden Boys had previously rejected a £6.5m offer for the 26-year-old.

Burnley have also tried to sign the player this summer and Swansea City and Norwich City made enquiries.

Deeney has proven himself to be one of the best strikers in the Championship, after scoring 45 goals in the last two seasons.

Same, I'm usually all for a second chance but booting someone in the head on the floor is the behaviour of an animal, it takes a hell of a lot to go to prison these days and it was that bad the judge had no choice to but to send him down, vile creature.

Hugely different situations if we take what we have been given at face value.

The lack of morals in football has been prevalent for many, many years. It does strike me that the lad has been a nasty piece of work a few years ago but he seems to have moved on from that. I've little knowledge of what happened with Deeney's assault and i've more concerns over his long term ability than his character myself.

Vardy has been a bad lad by all accounts, but he seems to be fairly harmless these days. I suppose if a manager can get the best out of these sorts of people on the pitch and they stay out of trouble off it then it's enough in football now?

Archived