Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
davieG

Mercury Opinion: Oi! City! Change the tune

Recommended Posts

Guest LCFC_World
Posted

When your smiling by Jersey budd I feel should be used. The original is way too jazzy.imagine the whole ground singing this when thej players walk out, like Liverpool with you will never walk alone and west ham with bubbles.

Posted

NO! Poznan needs to go end of!

 

i dont think you got my meaning - whether i agree with it staying or not is irelevant - seeing it over and over again means we are scoring !!!  thats what matters

Posted

i dont think you got my meaning - whether i agree with it staying or not is irelevant - seeing it over and over again means we are scoring !!!  thats what matters

Yes but seeing about 3 blocks doing it just makes us look tinpot and a laughing stock to other clubs

Posted

what about we perform a stadium wide human centipede, that would defo get people talking about us.

Just choked there...which is what everyone would indeed do...

Posted

The club can't be arsed to change such things, and too many of our fans perceive it whiny to stand against these sort of things. 'People have always got to find something to complain about' they say. So don't expect it to change any time soon.

If we're changing the song before kick off, it should be to When You're Smiling. It's probably more likely to change to Sam Bailey than Kasabian.

 

Which brings me to another point - like Sam Bailey, what exactly do Kasabian songs have to do with our actual club? Sure they are fans; they're good blokes, and I think they're a great band. But we have OUR song, and it sickens me we don't use it more often. Proper club anthems should be played pre-kick off. None of'Club Foot', 'LSF' or 'Hey Jude' are our club anthems.

 

I don't care even if the song is relevant to our City, goal music is a shambles and shouldn't be anywhere near English football.

 

Oh and I forgot about the Poznan. Slight danger we're going to be a laughing stock if we don't sort ourselves out here. Me thinks we've developed some small-time habits since we left the top flight last.

As usual, good points sir. While I think we shouldn't give two f**ks what others think of us, it would make sense to stick to something that is ours. Rather than parroting others. Who needs goal music anyway? Surely scoring a goal sends everybody mental and creates atmosphere? I certainly never notice the goal music...

Posted

As others have said, I'd get rid of the lot. The problem is I think I don't think the club care.

 

We could stop doing the 'Poznan' (or whatever we're meant to be calling it now) though. I don't even think Man City still do it, it's like someone else's passing fad that we're desperately clinging on to. It just looks so shite when it happens, especially with only 700 or so doing it. In fact it's worse than that, it looks like we're trying to take the piss out of ourselves.

 

Goal music is obviously something they want to do because some dipshit marketing wonk told them it'll help them attract more families. My only hope is that now we won't need to give away a load of free tickets to kids to fill the ground next year (as we have been doing for previous seasons), they might get rid of it.

 

I dunno, nothing lasts forever so I suppose it'll change sometime. The thing is when I look at who's in charge at the club now on that side of things I just don't see anyone who really cares about football culture anyway. They probably know loads of fans hate the music (loads of you have probably written in) - I don't think the problem is that they are that wedded to it, just that they are literally capable of understanding football fans because they have never been ones themselves.

Posted

tin hat time.

would still love us to go back to republica- ready to go.

ok so it's got feck all to do with leicester but I still live at filbert st in my head.

Posted

Good article to be fair, fully agree with it.

 

We need to stop being scared to show who we are - and I'm worried that what we really are has over the past few years deteriorated into a fanbase with a lower league mentality. We've got Premier League numbers but Championship behaviour.

 

Hey Jude I agree is past it's sell by date, if we're going to play anything there then either a decent version of WYS or something that gets the whole ground joining in. One thing I will give Forest is how well theirs works pre-match - it sounds class and we all know it does. That's as far as it goes with them though as their goal music is extremely lower league and I'm amazed their fans voted in favour of it. Goal music to me is there for crowd control and nothing more.

 

The Poznan & we love you have got to go. They both absolutely scream lower league mentality.

 

We've got a quality songbook and it's about time we realised and used it.


Can't stand 'When you're Smiling'.  

 

I never used to be a fan but the more I think of it the more I think it's probably down to how rare it is that our fans pull it off properly.

Posted

tin hat time.

would still love us to go back to republica- ready to go.

ok so it's got feck all to do with leicester but I still live at filbert st in my head.

 

With you on this, we used to create a good atmosphere with the music.

 

I do genuinely think that they chose Hey Jude as they thought it would get people singing along, and it kind of does, but that is just because some people will sing along to anything to try get an atmosphere going.

 

I do think we would be better off trying to sing over it, as it is a shit song, probably one of the Beatles worst songs, and has no association with our club.

 

I would love to have a bit of showaddywaddy, "Under the moon of love", a bi of Kasabian, Post horn gallop then the start of "When you're smiling" as we kick off and the fans can continue singing it. Especially as it is actually singing rather than the "Na na na naaah" of Hey Jude which stops as soon as the song does.

Posted

As others have said, I'd get rid of the lot. The problem is I think I don't think the club care.

 

We could stop doing the 'Poznan' (or whatever we're meant to be calling it now) though. I don't even think Man City still do it, it's like someone else's passing fad that we're desperately clinging on to. It just looks so shite when it happens, especially with only 700 or so doing it. In fact it's worse than that, it looks like we're trying to take the piss out of ourselves.

 

Goal music is obviously something they want to do because some dipshit marketing wonk told them it'll help them attract more families. My only hope is that now we won't need to give away a load of free tickets to kids to fill the ground next year (as we have been doing for previous seasons), they might get rid of it.

 

I dunno, nothing lasts forever so I suppose it'll change sometime. The thing is when I look at who's in charge at the club now on that side of things I just don't see anyone who really cares about football culture anyway. They probably know loads of fans hate the music (loads of you have probably written in) - I don't think the problem is that they are that wedded to it, just that they are literally capable of understanding football fans because they have never been ones themselves.

 

My theory on goal music is that it's there for crowd control - the end of the music signals the end of the goal, if you get me. Whereas without music you've got no proper ending to a goal.

 

I didn't used to mind it when I was a kid but the cynical side of me has made me despise it and think that it's in for that particular reason. Dare I say it, it's the same pre-match as well.

Posted

My theory on goal music is that it's there for crowd control - the end of the music signals the end of the goal, if you get me. Whereas without music you've got no proper ending to a goal.

 

I didn't used to mind it when I was a kid but the cynical side of me has made me despise it and think that it's in for that particular reason. Dare I say it, it's the same pre-match as well.

 

To be honest I think it has the opposite effect, you get the euphoria of the goal then as that dies down the goal music kicks in, back in the day most people would have been in their seat by the time goal music would have kicked in. I think you are romanticising the past as you weren't there, it wasn't unrestrained non stop singing and 20 minute goal celebrations, it was more or less how it is now but without a few seconds of a song blasting out.

 

Do you think the IPL has boundary music to control the fans, or music in the NBA, or NFL, it is to try and manufacture an atmosphere nothing more sinister.

Posted

To be honest I think it has the opposite effect, you get the euphoria of the goal then as that dies down the goal music kicks in, back in the day most people would have been in their seat by the time goal music would have kicked in. I think you are romanticising the past as you weren't there, it wasn't unrestrained non stop singing and 20 minute goal celebrations, it was more or less how it is now but without a few seconds of a song blasting out.

 

Do you think the IPL has boundary music to control the fans, or music in the NBA, or NFL, it is to try and manufacture an atmosphere nothing more sinister.

 

I do go to away games and I've been in plenty of goal celebrations where there's not been any music (obviously), there doesn't really strike me as being a particular 'end' to a goal if you like.

 

Football can't be compared to other sports like that as none of those have a history where the behaviour of fans has come under criticism. I do agree there's a sense of manufacturing an atmosphere but I still think there's an element of control in it. Either way it's shit in my opinion and should go.

Posted

Do the LSF outro ending thing. It's simple, easy and very loud. 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa la la la la laaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa la la la la laaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa laaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa la la la la laaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

Works well at live gigs. Will work well in the stands and gives us a bit of identity in the process.

Posted

Couldn't we have Jerusalem ? " And did those fans in ancient times walk upon filbo's grass  so green, And was the holy man O'Neil/ Pearson seen  on those pleasant pasture seen ? And did his continence divine shine forth upon our clouded minds.

 

 

And was Jerusalem builded here among those dark satanic times. Bring me my shirt of burning Gold ! bring me my Pukka's Of of desire!  Bring me my bottle of Singar ! I will not cease from home and away nor will my beer slip from my hand till we have built  Jerusalem in Leicester's green and pleasant stands.

 

 

Ok I'm no words smith but those out there who could come up with much better than this . Point is it's one of the best and great hymns known to us all , it sets your hair standing and no club has claimed it as their own. 

 

Just imagine with the right words this being sung by thirty odd thousand before a match ?

Posted

Played republica loud on spotify yesterday. Sent a shiver down my spine. Id love for it to make a comeback!

Posted

With you on this, we used to create a good atmosphere with the music.

 

I do genuinely think that they chose Hey Jude as they thought it would get people singing along, and it kind of does, but that is just because some people will sing along to anything to try get an atmosphere going.

 

I do think we would be better off trying to sing over it, as it is a shit song, probably one of the Beatles worst songs, and has no association with our club.

 

I would love to have a bit of showaddywaddy, "Under the moon of love", a bi of Kasabian, Post horn gallop then the start of "When you're smiling" as we kick off and the fans can continue singing it. Especially as it is actually singing rather than the "Na na na naaah" of Hey Jude which stops as soon as the song does.

 

LSF is the perfect song for people to continue singing along after it's ended, normally hours after it's ended at every Kasabian gig I've ever been to!

Posted

If we're changing the song before kick off, it should be to When You're Smiling.

Nobody even sings that anymore other than a half arsed attempt... the times of that being some club anthem ended with the move of grounds.

Posted

LSF is the perfect song for people to continue singing along after it's ended, normally hours after it's ended at every Kasabian gig I've ever been to!

 

You do know that not every Leicester fan is a Kasabian fan? And there is a difference between hearing it blasted out at the end of a great set after a few drinks and hearing it on the King Power tannoy at 3pm.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...