purpleronnie Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 You do know that not every Leicester fan is a Kasabian fan? And there is a difference between hearing it blasted out at the end of a great set after a few drinks and hearing it on the King Power tannoy at 3pm. Agreed, I don't like that band at all, I'd hope we didn't score.
danny. Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 You do know that not every Leicester fan is a Kasabian fan? And there is a difference between hearing it blasted out at the end of a great set after a few drinks and hearing it on the King Power tannoy at 3pm. Oh no, I didn't know that, sorry. We all love Jersey Budd and the Beatles though right?
Blue Peter Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 When your smiling was great when it was sung at Filbert street in the Kop but those days are gone now. We rely on big speakers so therefore I would go with Underdog by Kasabian! Great tune, banging bass and Les-tah's very own?? http://open.spotify.com/track/3PbsDnKdrZY0ttX7VE9s5R
hackneyfox Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 To be honest I think it has the opposite effect, you get the euphoria of the goal then as that dies down the goal music kicks in, back in the day most people would have been in their seat by the time goal music would have kicked in. I think you are romanticising the past as you weren't there, it wasn't unrestrained non stop singing and 20 minute goal celebrations, it was more or less how it is now but without a few seconds of a song blasting out. Do you think the IPL has boundary music to control the fans, or music in the NBA, or NFL, it is to try and manufacture an atmosphere nothing more sinister. 'Back in the day' we didn't have all seater stadiums and when we scored there was every chance the ground might start really singing. I'm with Dan it's a form of crowd control, I'd sooner we had no music at all, but that wont happen anytime soon. I'm not from Leicester and I'm not a great fan of Kasabian but there is at least a link. Sam Bailey and I'll be booing every time it's played.
knowf***all Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 From 5 minutes... These are for music prior to kick off....something to get the crowd going, something different to hey Jude .. I don't condone goal music
Carl the Llama Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 Surely we need to have Filbert Fox surrounded by Cheerleaders dancing to 'What does the Fox say'? You get one warning.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 Kasabian are plenty relevant and popular, good choices of songs too. Hey Jude works in that it gets a lot of people singing along - I do sometimes without realising, then I'm pissed off that the man won. It has nothing to do with the club... (Though I suppose if they kept it going another 20 years it would become our song) Republica? Bon Jovi's "Keep the Faith"? Robin Williams "Let me have an entertainment?" Pantera's "Walk"? Just not Hey Jude, not Jersey Budd's terrible version WYS, and certainly not his cover of Pantera's Walk.
Dawko Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 I like this tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqC6_6Wf0M
Webbo Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 Welcome to the foxes den +1, just glad you didn't put "Embarrassment".
Vlad the Fox Posted 7 August 2014 Posted 7 August 2014 Couldn't we have Jerusalem ? " And did those fans in ancient times walk upon filbo's grass so green, And was the holy man O'Neil/ Pearson seen on those pleasant pasture seen ? And did his continence divine shine forth upon our clouded minds. And was Jerusalem builded here among those dark satanic times. Bring me my shirt of burning Gold ! bring me my Pukka's Of of desire! Bring me my bottle of Singar ! I will not cease from home and away nor will my beer slip from my hand till we have built Jerusalem in Leicester's green and pleasant stands. Ok I'm no words smith but those out there who could come up with much better than this . Point is it's one of the best and great hymns known to us all , it sets your hair standing and no club has claimed it as their own. Just imagine with the right words this being sung by thirty odd thousand before a match ? I'd go along with this, a rousing tune that everyone can join in with, though I'd stick with the original words as once you try to change them people don't know what they're singing and give up. I also think impossible dream would sound good, great lyrics as well. As for WYS unfortunately I think it will be a struggle to get that going on all four sides, the closest we came to that was jersey budd, and from memory I can only ever remember it being a Kop song, rarely sung elswhere in Filbo.
Captain... Posted 8 August 2014 Posted 8 August 2014 Kasabian are plenty relevant and popular, good choices of songs too. Hey Jude works in that it gets a lot of people singing along - I do sometimes without realising, then I'm pissed off that the man won. It has nothing to do with the club... (Though I suppose if they kept it going another 20 years it would become our song) Republica? Bon Jovi's "Keep the Faith"? Robin Williams "Let me have an entertainment?" Pantera's "Walk"? Just not Hey Jude, not Jersey Budd's terrible version WYS, and certainly not his cover of Pantera's Walk. He did what now? I would love to hear that.
kimsalabim Posted 9 August 2014 Posted 9 August 2014 Good on whoever wrote this. We are genuinely going to look like the biggest bunch of no marks going when this gets an airing against the likes of Chelsea/Man United/Liverpool etc. Sung with zero passion and a completely pointless endeavour. Nowt against the song being in our repertoire but the club naively deciding it was "our song" in the first place was utterly stupid. Were the fans even consulted on its introduction? Weat Brom used it years before we did. I was on here posting for this to be got rid of when we were down in L1. Has zero relevance to Leicester City whatsoever. Needs to be replaced.
veezeeblue Posted 12 August 2014 Posted 12 August 2014 Given this much thought and agree we need a Leicester connection and an emotional anthem so here we go .... The crooner from Leicester himself the one and only ... Engelbert Humperdinck !
bluesbrothers Posted 12 August 2014 Posted 12 August 2014 Changing the subject slightly, if we're talking Engelbert, we should play this immediately after every home loss as folks flood towards the exits - especially given the number of fair-weather fans we're bound to attract!
LCFC_Nige Posted 12 August 2014 Posted 12 August 2014 The club can't be arsed to change such things, and too many of our fans perceive it whiny to stand against these sort of things. 'People have always got to find something to complain about' they say. So don't expect it to change any time soon. If we're changing the song before kick off, it should be to When You're Smiling. It's probably more likely to change to Sam Bailey than Kasabian. Which brings me to another point - like Sam Bailey, what exactly do Kasabian songs have to do with our actual club? Sure they are fans; they're good blokes, and I think they're a great band. But we have OUR song, and it sickens me we don't use it more often. Proper club anthems should be played pre-kick off. None of'Club Foot', 'LSF' or 'Hey Jude' are our club anthems. I don't care even if the song is relevant to our City, goal music is a shambles and shouldn't be anywhere near English football. Oh and I forgot about the Poznan. Slight danger we're going to be a laughing stock if we don't sort ourselves out here. Me thinks we've developed some small-time habits since we left the top flight last. Shouldn't we be more worried about those witty scousers having a field day with us on Saturday (and onwards...)?
fuchsntf Posted 12 August 2014 Posted 12 August 2014 To be unique to Leicester , We could try some ditty over king Richard the III. or even 'Them bones, them bones them dry bones, etc etc.. or even better the 7 dwarfs song..heigh ho heigh ho, its off digging we go...etc.
bluesbrothers Posted 12 August 2014 Posted 12 August 2014 To be unique to Leicester , We could try some ditty over king Richard the III. or even 'Them bones, them bones them dry bones, etc etc.. or even better the 7 dwarfs song..heigh ho heigh ho, its off digging we go...etc. No, this or GTFO
Spudulike Posted 17 August 2014 Posted 17 August 2014 I was off on a different planet when we scored yesterday and didn't even notice any goal music. Was there any ??
Gary Eatfood Posted 17 August 2014 Posted 17 August 2014 Couldn't we have Jerusalem ? " And did those fans in ancient times walk upon filbo's grass so green, And was the holy man O'Neil/ Pearson seen on those pleasant pasture seen ? And did his continence divine shine forth upon our clouded minds. And was Jerusalem builded here among those dark satanic times. Bring me my shirt of burning Gold ! bring me my Pukka's Of of desire! Bring me my bottle of Singar ! I will not cease from home and away nor will my beer slip from my hand till we have built Jerusalem in Leicester's green and pleasant stands. Ok I'm no words smith but those out there who could come up with much better than this . Point is it's one of the best and great hymns known to us all , it sets your hair standing and no club has claimed it as their own. Just imagine with the right words this being sung by thirty odd thousand before a match ? Better than divine incontinence I guess....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.