Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

The Match of the Day thread.

Not Match of the Day but thought i'd stick it in here. Matt Elliott and Emile Heskey are on Goals on Sunday next week

Sorry, got given the wrong info before, found out they're on 'Soccer Extra' tomorrow at 10am - not next week, so hopefully we'll get a nice mention

Sorry, got given the wrong info before, found out they're on 'Soccer Extra' tomorrow at 10am - not next week, so hopefully we'll get a nice mention

The description is 'they are joined by former Leicester City duo Emile Heskey and Matt Elliott' so I'd imagine we'll get a decent bit.

I had to suffer David Pleat in my stream commentary.

"Great running there from Marab'

What the f....?

Before the game, I spoke to a punter who told me how awful "Phil Jagger-liker" was at the back for Everton.

And speaking of Pleat, one thing that always annoyed me was how he constantly referred to Yossi Benayoun as "Benyanoon".

Anybody else find the match stats astonishing? Arsenal had 24 attempts on goal..... did I fall asleep during the game?

I felt the same thing when I saw it. And the possession stats. I really didn't feel like we were dominated at all; I came away thinking we deserved 3 points and should feel slightly aggrieved to not have beaten them. I think a lot of their shots were from distance and a lot of their possession was them dicking around with the ball with no real purpose.

Anybody else find the match stats astonishing? Arsenal had 24 attempts on goal..... did I fall asleep during the game?

lol

No, that was right... And yet they never really looked like taking another one of them. I thought we looked the more likely to score.

Shows how the shots stats can be misleading.

Archived