Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

The Match of the Day thread.

Is it me or did the analysis of Hammond involve the ball bouncing off him and a pass back to the goalkeeper?

It's astonishing that by getting a 2-2 draw, people will remember Hammond for having a good game today when in reality he yet again Did absolutely **** all!

After watching us on game of the day on Sky and MOTD, have to say it again, ANDY KING was immense!!

Always wanting the ball and I didn't see one mistake from him.

I had Big Wes as MOM but Andy King had his best performance for us in years!

not quite fair comparing Hammond and DD as by the second half, evertons energy had dropped markedly. however, Hammond did an effective holding job and did the simple stuff ok which allowed king to edge a bit further forward as we chased the game and they tired further.

King did well and with a bit of confidence in his tank, I would love to see him able to be the front option of the midfield three, especially away from home.

I have to admit I haven't watched the punditry bit of MOTD that much in the past couple of seasons (usually choosing to fast forward and just stick to the highlights) but was Shearer much more interesting than usual tonight? I don't know whether it's working with Ruud but they both seemed to have interesting stuff to say and while he probably should have picked out King over Hammond the fact that I didn't have the overwhelming urge to slap his silly head and go to sleep at the same time is a definite improvement.

Couple that with the ribbing he gets from Gary (and occasionally Lennon) about Lennon's heinous headbutt on his foot - and the fact he has the decency to look embarrassed about it - and I'm starting to find him vaguely acceptable. What's happening to me?

I have to admit I haven't watched the punditry bit of MOTD that much in the past couple of seasons (usually choosing to fast forward and just stick to the highlights) but was Shearer much more interesting than usual tonight? I don't know whether it's working with Ruud but they both seemed to have interesting stuff to say and while he probably should have picked out King over Hammond the fact that I didn't have the overwhelming urge to slap his silly head and go to sleep at the same time is a definite improvement.

Couple that with the ribbing he gets from Gary (and occasionally Lennon) about Lennon's heinous headbutt on his foot - and the fact he has the decency to look embarrassed about it - and I'm starting to find him vaguely acceptable. What's happening to me?

You want to bum him?

People are genuinely angry that a few of the fans with disabilities in the family stand did a mini poznan, l o l

I found it wierd too, especially when people with mental disabilities were doing it all round the stadium.

Shearer's been pretty good for the last six months or so.

I thought that at the World Cup. But part of me thinks his colleagues have become so bad it just makes him look good.

I'd have never thought he would become the best pundit on MOTD but it seems it's happened. Unreal.

At least we are spared Hansen from now on.

I thought Hammond was really tidy today. His job of sitting in front of the back 4 was different to DD's usual free role in the middle, and he tidied up excellently. What's most important, and missed by his detractors, is that he freed up King to go forward, where I reckon he's at his best - and what d'ya know? He popped up with a vital assist.

He's up there with Moore, King and Ulloa for an hounarable mention for me, though Morgan was the easy MOTM yesterday.

The intro for MOTD 2 tonight was a bit weird. Burnley's Championship promotion celebrations came before the Leicester bit.

One could get the impression they were crowned champions last season...

I just assumed they intentionally went through the order of the newly promoted teams alphabetically...

I thought that at the World Cup. But part of me thinks his colleagues have become so bad it just makes him look good.

I'd have never thought he would become the best pundit on MOTD but it seems it's happened. Unreal.

At least we are spared Hansen from now on.

Nah I think he has upped his game tbf to him.

BBC and Sky have really upped their punditry lately, even Jamie Redknapp has upped his game from generic clichés to try and sound sophisticated alongside Gary Neville.

Archived