Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was poor tonight, one of his worst performances for the club. (I'm a fan)

That was until he landed on the left, he looked far more comfortable on the ball and posed a problem for the defender. He plays in this position for Algeria and returns with rave reviews. Would we not be better playing on the left?

If Schlupp was better at left-back him and Mahrez on the left would be a great combo. I don't think Pearson wants to drop Schlupp, as he helps old man Konchesky.

No it really wouldn't. We would concede a shitload down the left side every single week.

Fans need to stop bumming him off, he isn't all that. He was woeful tonight, first touch especially was awful.

He is quite simply the ONLY player who looks like doing something special. That's a problem. The team is so devoid of creativity it falls on Mahrez to perform in this respect every time he plays. I maintain, Mahrez playing in a confident, free flowing side (say Arsenal) would look completely different to the Mahrez we are seeing at the moment. He's possibly the only jewel in a cheap mans crown.

He is quite simply the ONLY player who looks like doing something special. That's a problem. The team is so devoid of creativity it falls on Mahrez to perform in this respect every time he plays. I maintain, Mahrez playing in a confident, free flowing side (say Arsenal) would look completely different to the Mahrez we are seeing at the moment. He's possibly the only jewel in a cheap mans crown.

But how often do we see it Col.

Is he better than Knockaert yes. But how often do we see that quality from him, he drifts in and out of games too often, he is rarely a constant threat. 

When he is a threat, yes he is our most dangerous player, but like Knockaert other aspects of his game can be so shocking at times.

But how often do we see it Col.

Is he better than Knockaert yes. But how often do we see that quality from him, he drifts in and out of games too often, he is rarely a constant threat.

When he is a threat, yes he is our most dangerous player, but like Knockaert other aspects of his game can be so shocking at times.

Sigh......because he gets asked to do what he ain't good at. No-one asks David Silva to get back and defend do they? Miles apart yes, but the principle remains the same. I reiterate, it's not Mahrez IMO, it's the team he finds himself in and the way we are playing.

Sigh......because he gets asked to do what he ain't good at. No-one asks David Silva to get back and defend do they? Miles apart yes, but the principle remains the same. I reiterate, it's not Mahrez IMO, it's the team he finds himself in and the way we are playing.

But tonight things that he is meant to be good at let him down, first touch was woeful, passing was woeful, crossing not great. 

Of course it's not Mahrez, but like with some others I seriously don't get the love for him, he is nothing special, just another inconsistent winger who can play exceptionally well at times, but can also be seriously poor at times. 

We feed him the ball often enough, yet he doesn't do enough with it.

Quality player who had a bad game in a side with no confidence. Only our fans could seriously not think he's good.

col is right mahrez is way too good to play for us

We'll look back on some of this and laugh the day he's ripping it in for a semi decent European side.

Disagree completely, he had a top quality game and looked sharp and bright throughout, great attacking mind / movement / pass for our goal, and was a constant - yes constant - threat for us going forward vs Liverpool. Defending is a different issue all-together, but he improved in today's game, and was truly the MOTM on the pitch.

Not his best game tonight, but still created chances and at least puts some fear into the oppositions mind.

No one else in the side seems capable of that, Vards is terrific, but straight out pace isnt enough in the prem, ditto Schlupp. Cambiasso is all class but needs the Mahrez types around to feed.

Still think the ONLY player another prem league team would buy, is Mahrez.

Poor for an hour tonight then suddenly had a 20 minute spell of looking like an absolute world beater.

He will go onto bigger and better things than Leicester, too good not to.

Was his movement, speed, and pass for our best chance poor though? He did more in the space of 1 minute than Gerrard did all game and managed to knick a goal and do **** all but dive and give away a dirty foul.

I agree though, he's extremely talented and has areas of his game to work on - we'll struggle to tie him down, especially if we're not playing him every week.

Better than Sterling....

Especially considering Sterling was being marked by that terrible Belgian who should never play for the club again because he cannot defend.

2nd goal: Morgan & Wasyl just as at fault by crap positioning / clearing a simple cross across the box.

3rd goal: Not a lot he could have done without risking too much, Kasper should have saved it.

In all honesty he took care of Sterling well, kept up with him and tackled him well enough.

Archived