Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Mahrez on the other hand lights up the game more often than he doesn't. Genuinely one of the most skilled players I've seen at Leicester and probably will see too. Would be a complete joke if we threw that away, and for what?

He's stunk the place out as much as he's lit it up this year.

Can fully understand him being dropped after Swansea because I thought he was awful. So was everyone else granted, but it wasn't just poor passing like the rest, some of his pass selections were ridiculous. Having said that, for your most creative player to not even get on the pitch when chasing the game against West Brom and Saints is ridiculous.

Good post. However, the comparisons between the two is uncanny. Np was our manager then and we were in div one there were many games where Gradel was either benched or did not even make the team, back then many posters used to say, "whats happened to Gradel?" Etc, etc To me Mahrez is being treated the same?

It doesn't fit right that in the last six games our team has been crying out for creativity yet we have gone into the horrible shell of a team that is unrecgonisable to the one that started the season so well.

Mahrez has to start simple as.

Otherwise both him and knockeart will be off in January and I for one won't blame them.

The major difference between the Gradel situation and Mahrez's is that Gradel was inconsistent at best, disappointing for us at worst - and we won that division at a canter, we were winning games with or without him in the side. It could be argued that Pearson was entirely justified in leaving him out of the squad on occasion, and whilst I don't think we got what we could have for him, he was never actually all that good for us and he had more than a fair crack at it. 

There isn't really much of a comparison at all apart from the fact they're both wingers. Unless you want to concoct one in your head, that is.

The major difference between the Gradel situation and Mahrez's is that Gradel was inconsistent at best, disappointing for us at worst - and we won that division at a canter, we were winning games with or without him in the side. It could be argued that Pearson was entirely justified in leaving him out of the squad on occasion, and whilst I don't think we got what we could have for him, he was never actually all that good for us and he had more than a fair crack at it. 

There isn't really much of a comparison at all apart from the fact they're both wingers. Unless you want to concoct one in your head, that is.

Even Grayson kept Gradel on a bench a lot in league one and his attitude nearly blew it for Leeds at the end of the season when he got sent off.

The biggest mistake we made was sending him to a big club like Leeds.

Where is all this coming from? Has Pearson released a statement that nobody has heard or seen? Or is the fact that Pearson hasn't used Riyad in the last couple of games speaking volumes on their apparent turbulent relationship? All this mindless speculation is us just continuing to push the self destruct button. Keep th ****ing faith people, you never know, NP might give you a surprise and start Mahrez and knocky

Where is all this coming from? Has Pearson released a statement that nobody has heard or seen? Or is the fact that Pearson hasn't used Riyad in the last couple of games speaking volumes on their apparent turbulent relationship? All this mindless speculation is us just continuing to push the self destruct button. Keep th ****ing faith people, you never know, NP might give you a surprise and start Mahrez and knocky

Pearson falls out with everyone don't you know... where have we heard all this rubbish before!

Pearson falls out with everyone don't you know... where have we heard all this rubbish before!

But this seriously has come from nowhere. Neil Danns,Beckford and matt mills were all players brought in by sven. That's why he fell out with them. There hasn't been a case of this for a long time though. Pearson is close with knocky so why isn't AK starting if it's all about pearson's friendship rather than his tactical stubbornness? And just to add. I'm very much PEARSON IN.

I agree.. all this bloody speculation!

That said, he should be playing and we should be playing him correctly.

IMO

But this seriously has come from nowhere. Neil Danns,Beckford and matt mills were all players brought in by sven. That's why he fell out with them. There hasn't been a case of this for a long time though. Pearson is close with knocky so why isn't AK starting if it's all about pearson's friendship rather than his tactical stubbornness? And just to add. I'm very much PEARSON IN.

I'm with you on it, it's all balls. There was no evidence he fell out with any of them, in fact they all denied it. The only person who said he did was St Ledger, who then said they made up and their relationship was fine.

I'm with you on it, it's all balls. There was no evidence he fell out with any of them, in fact they all denied it. The only person who said he did was St Ledger, who then said they made up and their relationship was fine.

glad you agree, let's wait till the weekend. Up the Citeh!

Players like Mahrez will always be sought after and interest in him is nothing new.

You're also intentionally leaving out the second part of his answer to the question: "There is interest, but nothing concrete".

That's what he said then, I'm saying that it could change at any time between now and the start of the window. For all we know Mahrez is having lunch with Rudi Garcia in the Morrisons car park as we speak.

That's what he said then, I'm saying that it could change at any time between now and the start of the window. For all we know Mahrez is having lunch with Rudi Garcia in the Morrisons car park as we speak.

Which is pretty much stating the obvious in the context of what I can only assume is your light stance against the manager (whom you indirectly criticize for not deploying Mahrez often enough).

Only six weeks and a handful of games until the window opens. He says himself there's been some interest already. It's perfectly conceivable that even as soon as tomorrow, another club confirms interest, Mahrez confirms he wants to leave, and he doesn't play for Leicester again.

He's missed a few games. Sure he'll be back on Saturday

He's stunk the place out as much as he's lit it up this year.

Can fully understand him being dropped after Swansea because I thought he was awful. So was everyone else granted, but it wasn't just poor passing like the rest, some of his pass selections were ridiculous. Having said that, for your most creative player to not even get on the pitch when chasing the game against West Brom and Saints is ridiculous.

His passing was shit but he was the only one who was having a go in the second half. He was the only one actually trying to beat a man and shooting. The rest were passengers.

The first sentence I completely disagree with. Played very well in the early games and would've had an assist in the first three if it wasn't for poor finishing.

I definitely think there's a stronger case for it this time than last time. Sven clearly had no policy when signing players what so ever so it's no surprise we ended up with players here for the money.

If we lose Mahrez then the blame will clearly be at Pearson's door! I'm not speculating, and just pray that Pearson has the courage to play him on Saturday.

At this moment in time I still support Pearson, but unless there is more positivity coming from him, pretty damn quick, then I will have to have a rethink.

Funny how we don't play Mahrez and people start jumping the bandwagon, blaming the manager for a hypothetical scenario in the future.

Classic.

Very strange? The manager picks the team if he decides not to play Mahrez that's down to him? What's hypothetical about that?

Unless you or anyone else has a crystal ball who knows what will happen re anybody let alone Mahrez. The manager is responsible for any team picking the players, deploying the tactics team formation etc etc. If it fails and othernpeople can see it's not working why can't anyone be criticised?

A player as good as Mahrez will attract attention from other teams and their managers especially at International level. Surely it is only right that people may speculate re his future rightfully or wrongfully? This is a board surely for exchanging views on any topic? Why like some get all high and mighty if your view differs from others whereby you don't agree?

Very strange? The manager picks the team if he decides not to play Mahrez that's down to him? What's hypothetical about that?

Unless you or anyone else has a crystal ball who knows what will happen re anybody let alone Mahrez. The manager is responsible for any team picking the players, deploying the tactics team formation etc etc. If it fails and othernpeople can see it's not working why can't anyone be criticised?

A player as good as Mahrez will attract attention from other teams and their managers especially at International level. Surely it is only right that people may speculate re his future rightfully or wrongfully? This is a board surely for exchanging views on any topic? Why like some get all high and mighty if your view differs from others whereby you don't agree?

I think you didn't catch my drift completely. I was referring to people already assuming Mahrez to be leaving because he's not currently playing on a regular basis.

As for "it" not working under Pearson at the moment, maybe it's not just or not a system issue at all, but rather down to form and/or confidence.

How much that may be related to the diamond formation is anyone's guess.

If we lose Mahrez then the blame will clearly be at Pearson's door! I'm not speculating, and just pray that Pearson has the courage to play him on Saturday.

At this moment in time I still support Pearson, but unless there is more positivity coming from him, pretty damn quick, then I will have to have a rethink.

You make it sound like he's been ostracised from the squad and is training with the reserves. He's been in the squad and, for whatever reason (I assume tactical, probably personal choice as well) hasn't played in the last couple of games. He started two of the previous three, came on at Palace after starting the first four and missed one due to internationals.

If Pearson really didn't want him around he wouldn't be in the squad.

Archived