Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Sad really, that we all expect him to be on the bench anyway, but that's the way its been going recently. Woeful decision making.

Woeful decision-making on whose behalf?

Mahrez is probably traveling back to England today, I suppose. Training on Friday, but highly unlikely to be completely match-fit on Saturday.

The international football calender year's been known for a while, so I don't understand how some people can still be so surprised by players being away on international duty and not being able to cope and/or rested by the manager.

Mahrez is probably traveling back to England today, I suppose. Training on Friday, but highly unlikely to be completely match-fit on Saturday.

The international football calender year's been known for a while, so I don't understand how some people can still be so surprised by players being away on international duty and not being able to cope and/or rested by the manager.

He's played a full 90 minute and played 20 minutes coming on as a sub. If anything he is one of the most match fit player's in the squad as most haven't played a game for 2 weeks.

I think if he rests up he should be fine, by rest up I mean get a decent nights sleep. As someone said, he should be prime with a game and a bit under his belt. Report to Pearson tomorrow afternoon, in the mean time just rest up. He should be fine.

Babylon is right. Mahrez had been crappy..though no worse than any of em really.

But Mahrez, like Knockaert is one of those players who has to be played correctly. To get the best out of so-called 'flair' players, you must set up to accomodate them. I don't think the problem is Mahrez, I think its how we are setting-up.

I'd imagine Mahrez in a confident, free-flowing side to be a very good player.

Babylon is right. Mahrez had been crappy..though no worse than any of em really.

But Mahrez, like Knockaert is one of those players who has to be played correctly. To get the best out of so-called 'flair' players, you must set up to accomodate them. I don't think the problem is Mahrez, I think its how we are setting-up.

Who is responsible for the way we are setting up? Careful, you will be pilloried like others for crticising the manager? Simply, not aloud by some on this forum?

To even suggest he won't be match fit is laughable too. Algeria must be crap if they don't train? He was fairly poor first half against Stoke after an International break was no worse than most though in that game. You could also say he was not getting the service. He wasn't given a chance after the last Interrnational break.

I hope he plays on Saturday, just don't think he will though.

Who is responsible for the way we are setting up? Careful, you will be pilloried like others for crticising the manager? Simply, not aloud by some on this forum?

To even suggest he won't be match fit is laughable too. Algeria must be crap if they don't train? He was fairly poor first half against Stoke after an International break was no worse than most though in that game. You could also say he was not getting the service. He wasn't given a chance after the last Interrnational break.

I hope he plays on Saturday, just don't think he will though.

'Aloud'??

Allowed...?

He's without a doubt our most influential player at this level when he's actually bloody playing.

And he's definitely not been crappy this year! He tore arsenal and Everton new ones, scored and assisted against burnley and was the best of a bad bunch at Swansea. Since then he's not played.

He's integral to us staying in this league, I honestly believe that.

Would prefer Mahrez on the wing than as a number 10. He's at his most dangerous when in full stride running at people and he'll struggle to get enough space to do that in the middle. He would also get bullied off the ball a lot because he is quite lightweight and that's putting it mildly.

Pointless discussion though because if he doesn't play this weekend in whatever role then he's basically not a Leicester player anymore.

Would prefer Mahrez on the wing than as a number 10. He's at his most dangerous when in full stride running at people and he'll struggle to get enough space to do that in the middle. He would also get bullied off the ball a lot because he is quite lightweight and that's putting it mildly.

change the word mahrez for raheem sterling and all the same applies, but he's been far more influential every time he's playing as a 10 than out wide. 

i do agree though, mahrez on the right is where he's become probably our most exciting and dangerous player, so play him there. 

change the word mahrez for raheem sterling and all the same applies, but he's been far more influential every time he's playing as a 10 than out wide.

i do agree though, mahrez on the right is where he's become probably our most exciting and dangerous player, so play him there.

Must admit I've not seen much of sterling for Liverpool but for England he has been quite ineffective as soon as he has tried to play in a crowded area

Must admit I've not seen much of sterling for Liverpool but for England he has been quite ineffective as soon as he has tried to play in a crowded area

last season he was superb behind suarez and sturridge. thinking about it the suarez and sturridge part of that might've helped him quite a bit. 

vardy and ulloa taking defenders away by making runs that either mahrez can pick out with a superb through ball like he loves, or leaving him space to run straight at the heart of a defence seems like a plan to me. obviously we'll never see it because if he's running forwards with the ball he can't be defending at the same time so he isn't worth a place in the team. 

I honestly couldn't care if he was 20% fit, I'd still play him. He's arguably our best player and is the most likely to actually make something happen.

We haven't scored for 6 games and will probably start with a 4-6-0 formation, I'd like at least some attacking sense on the field.

I honestly couldn't care if he was 20% fit, I'd still play him. He's arguably our best player and is the most likely to actually make something happen.

We haven't scored for 6 games and will probably start with a 4-6-0 formation, I'd like at least some attacking sense on the field.

I'm not saying he shouldn't feature, I'm more baffled by some fans not knowing that some players have tighter schedules than others.

Nobody knows how fit Mahrez will be on Saturday, only that he's unlikely to feature in the starting eleven, as he's had to travel back to England from Mali, lost at least a day of preparation, is likely to be more tired than others from traveling and any sane manager will give players like him a pass and bench him.

Right now, I get this faux collective drift on here as if Mahrez is our only legitimate attacking option - that's a lethal point of view.

You stand or fall as a team, so everybody has to step up and deliver. The game against Sunderland would be a nice start.

Implying we'd be anywhere near Brahimi in January with the reputation he's getting

I see he's at Porto now, had never heard of him before the world cup. My god, give him the ball in any position and he will create something. Algeria (France B team) have some serious talent at their disposal.

lets not blame Pearson too much regarding mahrez case, he's the coach and he knows exactly what's coming on january. he will loose mahrez for a month and i it's OK to try different options right now.

the only reproach i have tho is about holding midfielders, need realy to decide who by now before it gets too late, my opinion is to put drinkwater and cambiasso and maybe king as a backup.

a watched a couple of games of LCFC and i'm positive the way they defend as a group, they played well against verry big opositions too, so i dont worry too much

I'm not saying he shouldn't feature, I'm more baffled by some fans not knowing that some players have tighter schedules than others.

Nobody knows how fit Mahrez will be on Saturday, only that he's unlikely to feature in the starting eleven, as he's had to travel back to England from Mali, lost at least a day of preparation, is likely to be more tired than others from traveling and any sane manager will give players like him a pass and bench him.

Right now, I get this faux collective drift on here as if Mahrez is our only legitimate attacking option - that's a lethal point of view.

You stand or fall as a team, so everybody has to step up and deliver. The game against Sunderland would be a nice start.

True, he is obviously on a tighter schedule but hopefully he's fit enough to play a big part. I suppose I just want to see the way we used to play (Mahrez given more freedom), we're almost unrecognisable at the moment and hopefully Pearson knows he's done wrong.

If Nige sets us up defensive against this Sunderland side then he's gone loopy.

He has actually played some football over the past week, so he's probably fitter now than he was before he left. Sitting on a plane won't have tired his body out too much. A nice rest after playing in a couple of games. He'll be more or less peak condition but certainly fitness will be used as the reason he doesn't play again this weekend.

Archived