Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

once riyad learns how to celebrate he'll be up there with ronaldo and messi imo 

lol He ran back looking more like he was offside than he'd scored - like that though to be honest. Humble.

Goal was well taken but defending was dire.

As it stands he won't be home for a while.

The standard of African football seems to have got worse from the bits i have seen. Its that Bad i can't actually watch it.

It's been declining since the 90's, the only continent that is going backwards in terms of football.

This means he's pretty much going to be out for Palace now as well doesn't it given it's likely they'll have Guinea or Mail in the Quarters?

Its bitter sweet really isn't it. Delighted for Mahrez and its brilliant to see him doing well at international level but I would prefer to have him back in the fold sooner rather than later. We did get off lightly with Schlupp returning though so we can't complain too much.

It's been declining since the 90's, the only continent that is going backwards in terms of football.

lol

Remember Pele saying an African team would win the World Cup by 2000. I'd be reluctant to back an African team to win it before 2100 watching this shambles.

lol

Remember Pele saying an African team would win the World Cup by 2000. I'd be reluctant to back an African team to win it before 2100 watching this shambles.

You say that but an African team always makes a decent run at the quarter finals of the World Cup. There are a select few nations that usually do fairly well. I agree they are a long way off winning it though.

lol

I do. Probably the worst prediction he ever made and that's saying something given Peles's prophecy's.

Has it ever gone forward?

Anyway, only five or six continents to choose from to start with.

You obviously don't recall the exploits of Zaire in 1974. I seem to recall them losing every match including one 9-0. They even lost to Scotland!

There's no doubt African football has made massive strides forward since the 1970s. The fact they now have so many players playing in top leagues around Europe also demonstrates that. However, the quality level does seem to have stagnated in the last few years.

Archived