Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

From SkySports transfer center:

18:30

Leicester City have completed the signing of Kris Scott fromSwansea City today, but could there be another big move on the cards. We have been reporting all day that Jermain Defoe is in the country and Leicester manager Nigel Pearson is apparently keen to speak with the former England international regarding a potential move to the King Power Stadium from MLS side Toronto FC

Didn't he score five in one game the last time he was at Tottenham?

Well, yes, it was the last time he was at Tottenham.

It was also 2009.

I would rather have Defoe through on goal than Nugent, Nugent is more likely to miss than score while Defoe is the opposite. Just a much better finisher

So would I.

But I'd rather have Nugent in our team than Defoe. The work Nugent does is invaluable for us.

If a betting site is advertising a price like that it means they know it wont happen.

What.

So would I.

But I'd rather have Nugent in our team than Defoe. The work Nugent does is invaluable for us.

What.

They want people to back it. If they tell people the odds are shortening it makes people get on. If they were that sure he was joining they wouldn't make it 8/11 from evens. It would be 1/5.

If a betting site is advertising a price like that it means they know it wont happen.

Ah? Surely they'd just 'advertise' it as 'Jermaine Defoe to join Leicester is 2/1' and leave it at that to tempt people into backing it. Not 'advertise' a shortened price that leaves no value whatsoever.

What it means is people have jumped on the 2/1, whether they are well informed or just getting carried away we don't know.

lol It means there has been a lot of money placed on it.

Yeah I do know I worked in a bookies for four years. Idiot. 8/11 from evens is hardly much of an odds change. You would be surprised at what goes on with bookies. Sometimes they will make a horse favourute to get people to back it. If people think loads of money is going on it then people get on it.

Idiot. So sky sports news keep reporting we are in for Defoe... so SKY bet advertise odds on defoe to join us. And its 8/11. Hahaha. Sky have you fooled then. Defoe

Isnt signing.

Daft.

Maybe advertising shorter odds will entice punters to lump more on, meaning IF it doesn't happen, said betting company will profit more.

Archived