Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

He can expect what he wants, Pearson picks the team and will play who he wants.

Also true.

I suppose it depends on who else is in for Defoe.

If Defoe has limited options he might accept being a rotation option here. Personally I can't see that, but clearly we're not privy to that and if Pearson can get the best out of him then great.

A bit different considering Defoe will probably be expecting to start most games and Phillips wasn't.

Says who?

He'd be stiff competition, I certainly don't think he'd be an automatic starter.

There's no point bringing players in who a) don't offer something different or b) has no chance of improving the starting 11.

Defoe has the potential to do both.

I'd imagine he's saying we'd have drawn the game. So only two extra points.

Silly way of looking at it. He's secured three points.

Saying he played about 10 games he made a decent enough contribution, as someone else pointed out he played vital roles in some of our goals 

Also true.

I suppose it depends on who else is in for Defoe.

If Defoe has limited options he might accept being a rotation option here. Personally I can't see that, but clearly we're not privy to that and if Pearson can get the best out of him then great.

That's the thing for me, I have faith in Pearson to get the most out of a player. A player as talented as Defoe could work wonders for us.

If he's not doing his bit for the team Nigel won't stand for it.

Silly way of looking at it!

Saying he played about 10 games he made a decent enough contribution, as someone else pointed out he played vital roles in some of our goals.

It was raised in the context of him being a goalscorer, but I take the point.

Archived