Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

Defoe would be a quality signing!

Should never over gone over to Canada in first place!

I'm happy with the squad were got down here but if we're going to stay up we need a clinical striker. 3 games now we've carved open a defence and had one on one opportunities. Not saying that results would of all looked this way but yesterday and Everton game could of stole it and take lead against Chelsea and who knows what could of happened?

Defoe is much needed!

I'd be disappointed if we went for this.

Our forward play is all about fast, high pressing and off the ball work, not having somebody loiter in the box.

I don't think he's good enough to be a regular starter here given the way we play. If he's somebody who is going to come on for 10-20 minutes when we're chasing a goal then he'd be fine, but he's going to be way too expensive and surely won't want to come to fulfil that kind of role.

Better explanation of why I wouldn't be all that keen either. He'll take chances, no question about it, but there's far more to a forwards play than that and we all should've learnt that especially after last year.

No but they should be!! I was just stating that he plays in Canada not which league they are in.

He plays in the American League, half his games are in America (away games), Canada is in North America.

I think you are being a bit pedantic here.

Nothing we don't know but;

Leicester are attempting to pull off a shock Deadline Day swoop for Jermain Defoe.

Defoe could be heading back to the Premier League after just five months playing for Toronto in the MLS.

Sky sources understand Leicester want to talk with the former England and Tottenham striker, who is interested in returning to England.

Defoe has been linked with a move away from Toronto following the sacking of Ryan Nelsen as coach after their 3-0 defeat by the New England Revolution on Saturday. 

Toronto general manager Tim Bezbatchenko confirmed that a bid had been made for the striker from an undisclosed club

Bezbatchenko said: "We have received an offer and have discussed it internally.

"When you have scored as many goals as he has, and have the reputation and background that he has, then it's not uncommon to receive these offers.

"We have received multiple offers before, and in the course of this year, so I want to confirm that we are in talks.

"We are not 100 per cent committed in what we are doing and we have to sit down and talk about what is the best plan of action."

Leicester have been amongst the busiest clubs on Deadline Day. They have signed Swansea youngster Kris Scott, and are attempting to sign Manchester United duo Nick Powell and Tom Lawrence.

Powell, who spent last season on loan at Wigan, is expected to once again move on a temporary basis until the end of the current campaign.

However, the deal being discussed for Lawrence is thought to be a permanent one.

Highly-rated attacking prospect Powell moved to Old Trafford from Crewe in 2010 and has gone on to make seven appearances for United.

The 20-year-old made 41 appearances during his loan spell with Wigan, scoring on 12 occasions.

Forward Lawrence was handed his first-team debut for United by interim manager Ryan Giggs at the end of last season in the 3-1 win over Hull City.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11712/9452200/transfer-news-leicester-hoping-to-sign-jermain-defoe-from-toronto

Daft.

Maybe advertising shorter odds will entice punters to lump more on, meaning IF it doesn't happen, said betting company will profit more.

Well exactly?? And there is a maximum bet of about £100 for transfers and managerial odds. So there wouldn't have been loads of money going on it anyway. If sky were that sure he was joining they wouldn't make it 8/11 from evens. It would be 1/10 or something. That odds change is to entice people to back it. Believe me

Better explanation of why I wouldn't be all that keen either. He'll take chances, no question about it, but there's far more to a forwards play than that and we all should've learnt that especially after last year.

I learnt last year that a good experienced finisher can win you vital points (Phillips).

Do you include Pearson in the "We should all have learnt that" category?

Defoe would add to the statement we made in signing Cambiasso. He's a class player and exactly the kind we need to compliment what we've got. It may sound daft but, with the right management, he could even improve his goals per game ratio. Either way he'll need to be marked and that'll mean a bit more space for others.  

I learnt last year that a good experienced finisher can win you vital points (Phillips).

Do you include Pearson in the "We should all have learnt that" category?

A bit different considering Defoe will probably be expecting to start most games and Phillips wasn't.

A bit different considering Defoe will probably be expecting to start most games and Phillips wasn't.

Not to mention that Phillips won us a grand total of 2 points last season.

Phillips' impact was by all accounts greater off the pitch rather than on it.

Archived