Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Roy M

Jermain Defoe

Why's that?

Think he'd be a solid signing. Wages are the glaringly obvious problem though.

I think he could be the wrong time of player. We have a very tight squad at the minute, we're not full of individuals, we're a real team, and I don't see Defoe as a player that fits into that... He's a player I'd expect to fit in at Queens Park Rangers, not Leicester City.

I'm not doubting his ability in this division. 

But as always, I will always back Nigel Pearson.

I think he could be the wrong time of player. We have a very tight squad at the minute, we're not full of individuals, we're a real team, and I don't see Defoe as a player that fits into that... He's a player I'd expect to fit in at Queens Park Rangers, not Leicester City.

I'm not doubting his ability in this division.

But as always, I will always back Nigel Pearson.

Oh no I was just enquiring why you didn't want him. If he is looking for another pay day than it will have to be QPR. If he's just looking to play first team football I wouldn't mind him here.

17.43 Jermain Defoe is on the move... but where? Matt Law has all the answers:

matt_law_2791986a.jpg "Leicester City are emerging as surprise favourites to sign Jermain Defoe on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Arsenal passed up the chance to sign Defoe from Toronto FC earlier today and Queens Park Rangers have cooled their interest in the former Tottenham man.

That leaves Leicester as the club most likely to sign Defoe, barring any late developments or changes of heart.

Defoe will have to lower his £90,000-a-week wage demands to complete a return to the Premier League, but his determination to move back to England is likely to see the 31-year-old do that.

With time running out on transfer deadline day, Leicester are likely to try to sign Defoe on loan until the January window with a view to making the transfer permanent in the New Year."

What is all this 'proven goalscorer' bollocks? Times change, and the prime of a footballer is not very long.

Pele is a proven goalscorer, shall we get him in?

He's 31 for gods sake not 40, he scored 10 in 23 in all comps as a bit part player last season for spurs.

Archived