Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Girls in hot pants on roller skates. Bloody nuisance they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcwl-Q7pAtY

My whinge... I live on a busy road 2 lanes each way and traffic lights 100 metres down the road, each morning i pull out of my driveway and turn right, so have to cross the traffic.

moan 1) If you are approaching traffic lights and the cars are stopped and you can see someone wating to pull out, leave a fvcking space for them, it isnt going to affect your life and will make theirs incredibly easier.

moan 2) if some one comes into the lane you are in..but is 50 metres ahead of you, dont panic and brake and beep your horn because you were surprised, just accept that they have accelerated away and you over reacted coz you werent concentrating, you knob end.

moan 3) Yes, i live here and i have to turn into my driveway from the main road, so if my indicator is on and i have warned you with my brake lights.. SLOW DOWN, i am going to cross the footpath and enter the drive,way much more slowly that the 60kms per hour you want to be at.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

Sometimes it's not the rash decisions that people make that annoy me, it's the considered things they do that wind me up. Everyone makes mistakes and will occasionally get in the wrong lane at an island, or pull out on someone. It's not good but shit happens. It's when people actually have time to think and consider their actions and still do incredibly stupid and inconsiderate things that pisses me off. Like the time I was driving up the A6 towards Loughborough late one night and there was a guy sat doing 50 in the righthand lane. I wasn't in a rush so I sat back to see what he'd do, giving him plenty of space to pull into the lefthand lane. He drove all the way up the A6 and when he got to the island at Quorn/Loughborough, he pulled into to left hand lane and went to Quorn. Why did he ever think that was the right thing to do!?! Or the bloke in the yellow van outside the shop in Ellistown who nearly every morning, despite the parking spaces outside the shop being empty, parks over the road blocking a whole lane of traffic. Why?!?

Mine's a parking gripe. Get to the station car park and there's one bloody space left, except the car to the right of the space has parked so far into the adjoining bay - the one I was planning on parking in... they had, of course, then got a huge gap the other side. I pull into the space but couldn't help but press my driver's door against the neighbouring car to get out. Quick as a flash the driver of that car (who was just sat there) was out of her car bitching 'you'd better not have damaged my paintwork' (I wouldn't have, I didn't slam my door against hers.) I explained that she was well over the white line and that if she'd parked properly in the bay I wouldn't have needed to. Her reply 'it's my space, I'll park how I want'. Honestly, some people. :rolleyes:

To that you should have said "well it's my car door and I'll open it how I want".

Full kit Leotard cyclist wankers who think that they take priority over anyone else. Also the bellend's who cut about on bikes mounted with a camera coming out of every orifice Giving it the charlie big banana's when they feel like to safe passing motorists.

****ing "team sky" wannabe's

On Sunday i was driving around the A50 Roundabout to get on the A46 towards M1 and as i come around the roundabout at the traffic lights i see an elderly woman in a renault clio with her car facing me on the inside lane of the roundabout not moving :blink: . I can only assume that she either spun the car (doubt it as it was a dry morning and im sure she wasnt speeding) or she literally turned the wrong way as she got on the roundabout. So im sat there at the red light watching the cars coming from the left (A50) wondering what the hell this woman was doing. Everyone has to stop to watch this crazy old bat do a 5 point turn to face the right way. So what annoys me is she looked easily in her late seventies and clearly is not able to drive safely.

I think once you reach a certain age it should be mandatory that you take the hazard perception test (as a minimum) every 12 months

On Sunday i was driving around the A50 Roundabout to get on the A46 towards M1 and as i come around the roundabout at the traffic lights i see an elderly woman in a renault clio with her car facing me on the inside lane of the roundabout not moving :blink: . I can only assume that she either spun the car (doubt it as it was a dry morning and im sure she wasnt speeding) or she literally turned the wrong way as she got on the roundabout. So im sat there at the red light watching the cars coming from the left (A50) wondering what the hell this woman was doing. Everyone has to stop to watch this crazy old bat do a 5 point turn to face the right way. So what annoys me is she looked easily in her late seventies and clearly is not able to drive safely.

I think once you reach a certain age it should be mandatory that you take the hazard perception test (as a minimum) every 12 months

How the **** can someone turn the wrong way at a roundabout... should have got the plate and reported them. It'll be someone like that who ends up flying down the M1 the wrong way and causing a pile up.

How the **** can someone turn the wrong way at a roundabout... should have got the plate and reported them. It'll be someone like that who ends up flying down the M1 the wrong way and causing a pile up.

i know i said to the Father in law afterwards that i should of taken the numberplate down. Would of gone police station and reported it but i was just in shock and watching her try and turn the car i didnt even think.

I was really annoyed with myself after cause she clearly shouldnt be on the road.

Cyclists doing stupid thing is annoying for sure, but it is amazing how many of you dont seem to realise they have every right to cycle in the middle of a lane, and in many cases where the lane is narrow that is the only safe way to progress.

My main gripe is people who disrupt the flow of traffic by deciding to ignore rights of way by stopping to let people out of side roads.  Especially when a perfectly good gap is coming along.  I am not talking about people who dont let you out when they are approaching a line of stopped cars - that is seflish, but the people who cause traffic jams by randomly stopping to let people out when it is a) not necessary b) against the right of way in place c) more disruptive to the traffic and d) probably takes longer for the car to pull out as they cannot rely on you stopping just becuase you flashed your lights or waved at them so have to wait until you actually stop to pull out, rendering the whole activity pointless.

Cyclists doing stupid thing is annoying for sure, but it is amazing how many of you dont seem to realise they have every right to cycle in the middle of a lane, and in many cases where the lane is narrow that is the only safe way to progress.

My main gripe is people who disrupt the flow of traffic by deciding to ignore rights of way by stopping to let people out of side roads.  Especially when a perfectly good gap is coming along.  I am not talking about people who dont let you out when they are approaching a line of stopped cars - that is seflish, but the people who cause traffic jams by randomly stopping to let people out when it is a) not necessary b) against the right of way in place c) more disruptive to the traffic and d) probably takes longer for the car to pull out as they cannot rely on you stopping just becuase you flashed your lights or waved at them so have to wait until you actually stop to pull out, rendering the whole activity pointless.

I presume you're not talking about my example where there's a perfectly good bike lane available (in both travelling directions in fact).  But that said - having the right and it being right are not the same thing.  Cyclists who stick to the right(/left) and give you some chance of overtaking when the opposite lane's clear are rational and civic minded individuals, those who don't are entitled cvnts.

Cars that break down but instead of moving to the side they stop exactly where they are. Get out and push it to the side.

i helped an old dear move her broken down car to the side this morning!!!

wish she was a milf who was feeling abit horny and asked me to take her home and one thing leads to another...but that shit never happens to me...hope the mrs aint reading this!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

I presume you're not talking about my example where there's a perfectly good bike lane available (in both travelling directions in fact).  But that said - having the right and it being right are not the same thing.  Cyclists who stick to the right(/left) and give you some chance of overtaking when the opposite lane's clear are rational and civic minded individuals, those who don't are entitled cvnts.

That is the thing with rights, a cyclit right to use the lane is no less than yours.  you dont have a right to drive faster than they are riding either.  Clearly there are some complete ****ing idiots riding like it, but drivers treat cyclists pretty badly overall in my view.

foxfromhuggy has got me started...school runs

We are lucky and walk our girl to school cos its a few mins walk away BUT fat fooking mums who need the exercise cos they are SO fcuking lazy and wanna go home to watch jezza kyle >>>>GGGRRR

Our girls school in Thurnby is next to a bus route which conincides with school in and out....i actually feel sorry for the bus drivers cos most time after ive dropped her off and kissed her goodbye(my Gilr NOT the teacher...although...) the bus is still waiting for some slick backed chav to move her car cos she is parked on the corner where the bus cant get around.

This would be understandable in the first few days when parents arent sure about bus routes/parking regs...but its fooking October now!!!

P.S As an a aprt time bicycle commuter and part time car driver i would have no hesitation in knocking over a cycliist if he has no lights and is cycling in the dark!!!!

When im on my bike in the dark with my 2 at fron flashers and 2 at back flashing lights and hi viz Leicester police rucksack,if i see a cyclist with no lights i actually shout to em...get some lights you c.unt!!!

Its only a matter of time i say it to the wrong c.unt!!

My top tip is to live close enough to work to walk there.

Never get stressed over the shitness of cars, trains, buses etc.

I do routinely want to murder pavement cyclists though so I don't get it all my own way

Work from home and even cyclists can't spoil your commute.

Was behind/near one of those old style jags all the way back from Leicester today and the woman driving didn't indicate be it at a roundabout or over taking just literally nothing, weaving in and out etc. Drove passed to see who the dickhead was and it was some old bird like leaning over her steering wheel proper concentrating, yet would not ****ing indicate. It really annoyed me.

To that you should have said "well it's my car door and I'll open it how I want".

I wish I'd been quick-witted enough to do so but I was literally speechless. I did spend the whole journey contemplating keying her car if it was still there when I returned.... it was, but I bottled it. Knowing my luck there would be CCTV. :angry: 

Was behind/near one of those old style jags all the way back from Leicester today and the woman driving didn't indicate be it at a roundabout or over taking just literally nothing, weaving in and out etc. Drove passed to see who the dickhead was and it was some old bird like leaning over her steering wheel proper concentrating, yet would not ****ing indicate. It really annoyed me.

Una90_zpsf9850410.jpg

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 2

My car broke down for the 2nd time in 6 months, and I had to be recovered 160 miles by the AA... So much for 'German Engineering'!

Also, how annoying is it when you pull up next to a Mini, Fiat 500 or something similar and it's a bloke with a beard sitting there! The small hope that the traffic jam just got a little better, taken away in an instant.