Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

What, you mean like incontinence pants? 

More like the ones who add 45 minutes to my 3 hour journey just so they can gawp at some minor shunt on the M27. I suppose I've been guilty of it in the past too but it's O.K. when I'm not in a rush to get home :D

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

More like the ones who add 45 minutes to my 3 hour journey just so they can gawp at some minor shunt on the M27. I suppose I've been guilty of it in the past too but it's O.K. when I'm not in a rush to get home :D

Mate, if I queue 3 hours for a crash. I sure as hell want to see the twat that caused it and in some discomfort. You can wait your goddamn turn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

3 people killed just out side Market Harborough yesterday , reports are head on crash while both overtaking , makes you wonder why people overtake given that statistically your only likely to arrive 60-120 seconds sooner over the average trip , is it worth it ??? 

Surely if they were both over taking they'd have passed one another on opposite carriageways :ph34r:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh, right. 

I thought you said rubber knickers... 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Surely if they were both over taking they'd have passed one another on opposite carriageways :ph34r:

Sorry maybe I’m misisng your sarcasm ? It’s gone Over my head  so apologies :( 

but one car was Going up the hill pulled out to overtake a car 

The other car was going down the hill pulled out to over take a van 

both overtaking 

both met head on 

3 poor people  dead and others with life changing injuries 

so so senseless 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The state of roads in this country is shocking given how much we pay in road tax and then, sometimes, toll money too.

It's fooking dangerous out there with pot holes at the moment. I had a blow out in the middle of nowhere on Sunday evening after hitting one. You'd think with today's technology they'd be avoidable but it's the same story every year...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Sorry maybe I’m misisng your sarcasm ? It’s gone Over my head  so apologies :( 

but one car was Going up the hill pulled out to overtake a car 

The other car was going down the hill pulled out to over take a van 

both overtaking 

both met head on 

3 poor people  dead and others with life changing injuries 

so so senseless 

If two cars are driving normally, they are on opposite carriageway. If two cars overtake and go to the wrong side of the road, they are on the opposite wrong sides of the road to each other. 

Surely this was a crash between a car overtaking and one not overtaking, putting them on the same side of the road?

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

If two cars are driving normally, they are on opposite carriageway. If two cars overtake and go to the wrong side of the road, they are on the opposite wrong sides of the road to each other. 

Surely this was a crash between a car overtaking and one not overtaking, putting them on the same side of the road?

Apparently they were  in the middle as the impact was as they were both overtaking 

but I take your point 

43 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's fooking dangerous out there with pot holes at the moment. I had a blow out in the middle of nowhere on Sunday evening after hitting one. You'd think with today's technology they'd be avoidable but it's the same story every year...

That’s austerity Britain for you. It’s what you voted for.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The state of roads in this country is shocking given how much we pay in road tax and then, sometimes, toll money too.

Road Tax goes straight to the treasury. The local council are responsible for all roads except motorways and trunk roads. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

The M1 slip at J21 is nightmare, anyone in a 1.0 L car will struggle to get past 45mph on that slop and that's will a clear run at it.

Is that the southbound or northbound one? They're equally as bad. Southbound is right, really big slope and when I had a 1.0 it was a struggle, almost embarrassment for the poor cars behind me. Northbound is so short and doesn't have much lead-in, meaning it can be really hairy at times, too! 

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Have you tried to get recompense from your local council?  May concentrate a few minds.

Many moons ago I hit a pothole which had filled with water.  It was night and it had been bucketing down all day.  I had no idea at the time that it was a pothole, the impact felt like I'd hit something.  I stopped the car and found myself parked with a number of other cars that had suffered the same fate.  I'd damaged a wheel but other cars had suffered worse damage.  I got the car repaired then determined to get the cost back from the council that were responsible for road maintenance.  After initial denial of responsibility, being shoved from one department to another and even to the subcontractor they used for road maintenance they got fed up with me and paid my repair bill.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Is that the southbound or northbound one? They're equally as bad. Southbound is right, really big slope and when I had a 1.0 it was a struggle, almost embarrassment for the poor cars behind me. Northbound is so short and doesn't have much lead-in, meaning it can be really hairy at times, too! 

Northbound, thankfully mines got a bit more kick but I've been in a 1.0 and I hit the top at about 35mph lol

18 hours ago, Buce said:

The state of the roads in and around Leicester are an absolute disgrace:

hole2.JPG.5f4da6d25ed3cce3947f18d0e9dde211.JPG

I've noticed no end in the last month. There were two on a road near me, both literally 10m from each other... council filled in one and left the other!! lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've noticed no end in the last month. There were two on a road near me, both literally 10m from each other... council filled in one and left the other!! lol

I've tried to report it via the council website this morning but typically the link isn't working.

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've tried to report it via the council website this morning but typically the link isn't working.

It's useless and so are they. I reported one and went into detail about where it was, then got an email asking me where it was.... errrm I'd already told them. Then it got passed to someone else who asked me where it was agian, then I got a call asking where it was.

If they could read emails I'm sure it would save no end of time.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's useless and so are they. I reported one and went into detail about where it was, then got an email asking me where it was.... errrm I'd already told them. Then it got passed to someone else who asked me where it was agian, then I got a call asking where it was.

If they could read emails I'm sure it would save no end of time.

Don't get me started, Babs.

I reported an issue with a set of pedestrian lights about six months ago. They are changing every thirty seconds without any buttons being pressed. I have witnessed this on numerous occasions. The first time they thanked me, and said the engineer had been out and had identified the fault and fixed it. He hadn't. I have now reported it several more times, and each time they claim that there is no fault. I have recently sent them a video of it which they appear to have completely ignored. Cuntz..

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

Was Rogstanley really making out that pot-holes were a Tory invention?

Of course! lol

Btw, I woke up this morning and stubbed my toe when getting out of bed then realised my electric toothbrush had ran out of charge :mad:

Went downstairs for for breakfast and found we’d ran out of milk then I trod in cat piss :mad:

Got in the car to go work and it wouldn’t start then to make matters worse it started pouring with rain :mad:

Honestly, those bastard Tories have a lot to answer for!!