Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

BMW... Bellend Mental willy puller.

Bloke in a 5 series Mtec tailgating me onto the M69 at Sapcote towards Leicester, then shot across straight into lane 3 at, I dunno, 80-90 mph, when lanes 1 and 2 were clear. There he stayed until I eventually lost sight of him. No attempt to return to clear lanes to his left.

Also people who's default speed appears to be 40 mph irrespective of whatever speed zone they're in.

Edited by Parafox

From the Beeb

_99153837_car.jpg

A driver who only cleared a small gap in their snow-covered windscreen before setting off has been reported for careless driving, police say.

Essex Police officers stopped the driver in Harlow just before midnight, Insp Matt Allsop said in a tweet.

Wánkers who refuse to let you in when you are filtering in from 3 lanes to 2. 

Coming up soar valley way earlier just past Fosse Park. It goes from 3 lanes to 2 and the stupid old cvnt in the middle lane looks across at me shakes his head and keeps moving forcing me to slam my brakes on and the person behind him to do the same. 

He did so well as well getting a massive one car ahead of me.

On 15/12/2017 at 20:30, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Coming up soar valley way earlier just past Fosse Park. It goes from 3 lanes to 2 and the stupid old cvnt in the middle lane looks across at me shakes his head and keeps moving forcing me to slam my brakes on and the person behind him to do the same. 

It's generally old people who do that I find, same a bit further up when two lanes become one. Just flat out refuse to let you in and act like you aren't even there.

On 15/12/2017 at 20:30, Steve_Walsh5 said:

When it's busy, I always keep in the far left lane going up Soar Valley Way. The traffic in the right hand lane usually grinds to a halt not long after the bridge as the filter to turn left down Aylestone road speeds up the traffic to the left. I then drive up that and if the timing is right when the lights turn green you can cut back across at the front. Reason being, which brings me to the point of this post, is due to he people who leave huge gaps and perpetuate the accordion effect. Very often you find they are looking at their phones or texting. If I encounter someone distracted by their smart phone and I'm on my bike, I'll punch out their wing mirror as I filter through. Less so now with the advent of dash cams.

The other real pisser associated with this is when a filter lane is empty but you can't drive into it because some tool has come to rest with a two car gap in between them and the vehicle in front. Coming off the M69 drivers saunter along and create these spaces all the time. The concertina effect can cause tailbacks for miles. 

Similar to the failure to get into the turning lane complaints:  When the road widens into 2 lanes at the entrance to a multi-lane roundabout and some idiot decides to straddle both of them while they wait for a gap in the central lane, blocking the many people behind them who need to take the first exit which is otherwise clear.  It's happened a few times this week.

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Similar to the failure to get into the turning lane complaints:  When the road widens into 2 lanes at the entrance to a multi-lane roundabout and some idiot decides to straddle both of them while they wait for a gap in the central lane, blocking the many people behind them who need to take the first exit which is otherwise clear.  It's happened a few times this week.

Or when they get into the wrong lane and decide to pull across the roundabout and carve you up. Three lanes at the entrance, three other exits - it's not difficult maths to do.

Coming home tonight on the B6047 (the tilton on the hill biker road) (apart from the accident) I had to put my sunglasses on from the dozens of rear fog lights in front of me. those rear fog lights don't dip! I can see you mate, I've been behind you for 20 minutes at 20MPH and your 4x4 back fog lights are the same height as my face.

SUNGLASSES!

IN FOG!

FOR 20 MINUTES!

and then Chris Rea, driving home for Christmas comes on the radio. That song does calm you down.

Guest seanfox778
6 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Coming home tonight on the B6047 (the tilton on the hill biker road) (apart from the accident) I had to put my sunglasses on from the dozens of rear fog lights in front of me. those rear fog lights don't dip! I can see you mate, I've been behind you for 20 minutes at 20MPH and your 4x4 back fog lights are the same height as my face.

SUNGLASSES!

IN FOG!

FOR 20 MINUTES!

and then Chris Rea, driving home for Christmas comes on the radio. That song does calm you down.

33 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

SUNGLASSES!

IN FOG!

FOR 20 MINUTES!

I came back that way and seen the accident, you were probably just behind me :ph34r:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Idiots whom, despite seeing fog hanging well above road level, insist on switching on those rear fog lights to brighten up the evening run home.

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

SUNGLASSES!

IN FOG!

FOR 20 MINUTES!

Snap !! ...  coming back from Norfolk and on the road near Welford ...   slightly foggy ...   and on they come !!   So I put on full beam for ages, only dipping when something comes the other way, and ...   nothing ...  on they stayed !!   Why are people so thick ...    is it like, well I've got this toy and never get the chance to use it ..  hang on there's a bit of mist I can put them on !! .....        Tw@ts !!

The rather too high-a-number of speed bumps along a road of a distance about 1 and three-quarters of a mile.

When I was driving for Fosse Park earlier (from Hinckley Road), I went through a long trail of an area comprising of a new housing estate (which is just starting to be constructed via just past Meridian Business Park - I think it's called 'Forest Chase (David Wilson Homes)?',

Counted it to be 26 speed bumps overall - I know it's to promote road safety obviously, but it felt over-the-top and somewhat unnecessary..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The rather too high-a-number of speed bumps along a road of a distance about 1 and three-quarters of a mile.

When I was driving for Fosse Park earlier (from Hinckley Road), I went through a long trail of an area comprising of a new housing estate (which is just starting to be constructed via just past Meridian Business Park - I think it's called 'Forest Chase (David Wilson Homes)?',

Counted it to be 26 speed bumps overall - I know it's to promote road safety obviously, but it felt over-the-top and somewhat unnecessary..

Do you mean the Lubbesthorpe development? Which has a one-mile stretch of road from the new bridge from the Meridian to the start of the development.

There are around 23-26 humps like you said. Eventually there will be 11 as the place is built over the next 15 years or so with over 4,000 homes and industrial development. At the minute the new road is so straight you're just gonna get people doing 80mph down there if there were no speed humps.

It's also supposed to be a deterrent for lorries to use, too.

• Like 1

The total cockend who decided to merge onto the duel carriageway and go straight into the outside line forcing me to slam my breaks on, despite nobody even being on the inside line he'd just gone through*. They then promptly pull back into the inside lane and come off at the next junction... utterly brain dead.

*And before some smart are says why were you in the outside lane when nobody was on the inside lane, I'd moved out there to let the **** merge.