Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

I did something earlier that would piss me off if I saw someone do it. Coming up to a crossroad where I'd normally turn right to go home, but I wanted to go straight on to some shops. In autopilot, I ended up pulling into the right hand lane passing a shit ton of cars in the left lane and end up as the first car at the lights, next to a bus. I was all prepared to turn right and find a place to turn round, but noticed the bus slowly turning left, so I floor it get ahead a go straight on. To everyone else I look like a cheeky ****er who's just jumped the queue, but I made a genuine mistake and took advantage of the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I did something earlier that would piss me off if I saw someone do it. Coming up to a crossroad where I'd normally turn right to go home, but I wanted to go straight on to some shops. In autopilot, I ended up pulling into the right hand lane passing a shit ton of cars in the left lane and end up as the first car at the lights, next to a bus. I was all prepared to turn right and find a place to turn round, but noticed the bus slowly turning left, so I floor it get ahead a go straight on. To everyone else I look like a cheeky ****er who's just jumped the queue, but I made a genuine mistake and took advantage of the situation.

i'm sure they knew it was a genuine mistake...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Good move tbh. 

I was driving home with the wife out of town, when I noticed a car overtake me and started to slow down and be a twat. Wasnt really sure why, I was wondering if I'd cut him up.

Im no hardcase, but I can look after myself, so I was fully prepared to take him on if it came to it. 

However, we came to a roundabout/sliproad and despite slowing down and swerving infront of me, he went straight on and I turned off to the left. It was dark, late and no one about.

Not sure if he was just being an idiot or genuinely had some dark intentions, either way the wife was completely oblivious to our predicament, whilst I breathed a sigh of relief!

Joining the M1 from the M69 this evening. Doing about 35-40mph in a long line of traffic. I admittedly may have jumped over 1ft of chevrons onto the j21 slip road as it is empty. I then pull away at about 60mph. The slip from the M69 turns into lane 1. Then there are 3 other m1 lanes.

The person was causing the congestion on the slip road/lane 1 was in front of about 10 vehicles as I over took them. He was still doing 35-40mph as I pulled well clear (at only 60mph) when I saw in my rear view that he had decided to go into lane 2... at 35/40mph with lorries/vehicles flying up behind them.

Seriously how f#cking r3t#rded can you get?

p.s. I shouldn't have gone over the chevron. I often do this when I am concerned about the speed of the vehicle in front (dangerously slow) when joining a motorway and it is safe for me to do so. In this instance I needn't have as the lane I was in becomes lane 1 thus not technically merging into another lane. I forgot that this was the case at that junction.

21 hours ago, adam1 said:

p.s. I shouldn't have gone over the chevron. I often do this when I am concerned about the speed of the vehicle in front (dangerously slow) when joining a motorway and it is safe for me to do so. In this instance I needn't have as the lane I was in becomes lane 1 thus not technically merging into another lane. I forgot that this was the case at that junction.

I find this happens a lot. People, for whatever reason, seem to think that 40mph when joining a live motorway is acceptable. When this happens to me I always check out the driver(s) of the slow cars and almost without exception, it's an older person or a female that you would imagine to be sheepish and lacking in confidence, or... they have that "fish" symbol stuck on the back of their car signifying that they are Christians

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I find this happens a lot. People, for whatever reason, seem to think that 40mph when joining a live motorway is acceptable. When this happens to me I always check out the driver(s) of the slow cars and almost without exception, it's an older person or a female that you would imagine to be sheepish and lacking in confidence, or... they have that "fish" symbol stuck on the back of their car signifying that they are Christians

You'd be fvcked with that opinion if you saw me driving 

On 27/01/2018 at 16:45, Facecloth said:

Wasn't in Lincoln by any chance? I did this not long ago. Some crazy crossroad there where I swear the straight on road is an illusion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 16:45, Facecloth said:

I do this a lot. Especially at roundabouts. I cannot see a problem with it tbf.

Has anyone here completed a lap of honour? A minute or two queue to go straight on. Turn right no queue. Take the turn right option and do a lap of the roundabout whilst fist pumping like you've won a grand prix???

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Has anyone here completed a lap of honour? A minute or two queue to go straight on. Turn right no queue. Take the turn right option and do a lap of the roundabout whilst fist pumping like you've won a grand prix???

Heading down the A426 dual carriageway, loads of traffic stacked back in the left hand lane. Right hand lane clear. Indicate right at the roundabout, as if heading into Blaby, and then go straight around and under the bridge towards County Arms / Glen Parva.

Nope never done that. Never ever...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Oh yeah I do that, no issue with that. Mine wasn't a roundabout though, it was a crossroad and cutting from right to left and jumping in front of all the traffic looks like a cuntish move lol

Today I was mesmerised by the worst piece of driving I have seen in a long time. Joining the M1 from the M69 and there is a Zafira ahead of me in the adjacent slip lane from J21...

As I come round the bend from the M69 I see the Zafira I observe that it is slowing down. Lane 1 which it is to join is empty. There are sporadic cars in lanes 2 and 3. I carry on watching as they then stopped right at the end of the slip road. At the point when it is less than a cars width and their car was edged slightly into lane 1.  They then indicated whilst looking intently into their wing mirror to see if it was safe to pull out. The lane was f###ing empty.

I drove past. Looked in disbelief. Then watched in my rear view as they became a stationary speck as I drove away.

Edited by adam1

39 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Today I was mesmerised by the worst piece of driving I have seen in a long time. Joining the M1 from the M69 and there is a Zafira ahead of me in the adjacent slip lane from J21...

As I come round the bend from the M69 I see the Zafira I observe that it is slowing down. Lane 1 which it is to join is empty. There are sporadic cars in lanes 2 and 3. I carry on watching as they then stopped right at the end of the slip road. At the point when it is less than a cars width and their car was edged slightly into lane 1.  They then indicated whilst looking intently into their wing mirror to see if it was safe to pull out. The lane was f###ing empty.

I drove past. Looked in disbelief. Then watched in my rear view as they became a stationary speck as I drove away.

Crazy, she should be forced to retake her test.

That happens more than it should. I've come along slip roads and had to slam on the brakes because some tool is sat stationary in it indicating rather than building up speed and filtering in on a few occasions. As bad are the ones who aren't stationary but crawl on at twenty joining a dual carriageway.

More my car annoying me today - the rear screenwash is leaking into the passenger side rear light fitting... 

Edited by The Doctor

9 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

3 people killed just out side Market Harborough yesterday , reports are head on crash while both overtaking , makes you wonder why people overtake given that statistically your only likely to arrive 60-120 seconds sooner over the average trip , is it worth it ??? 

Depends on what you're overtaking. Tractors can get ****ed.