Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

My car has a rock hard suspension, so I'm finding the pot-holes a real pain.

I bet some private contractor is making a mint off of it all, bleeding us dry.

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

That would imply that councils have an underspend to sort out the pot holes this year... I’m guessing not.

I had a conversation with a guy from the council a few weeks ago regarding potholes. He said that they have no problem repairing them but they rely on road users reporting them. It’s a fairly easy process - they have an interactive map that allows you to mark where they are. I’ve since reported a dozen or so that are local to me and all were filled within a couple of days. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Buce said:

I had a conversation with a guy from the council a few weeks ago regarding potholes. He said that they have no problem repairing them but they rely on road users reporting them. It’s a fairly easy process - they have an interactive map that allows you to mark where they are. I’ve since reported a dozen or so that are local to me and all were filled within a couple of days. 

Give that a shot in Northamptonshire and see how you get on!

7 hours ago, Buce said:

Really, I had no idea. I might be getting on their case then. Thanks for the heads up.

Of course, having a car with a proper suspension would help

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Really, I had no idea. I might be getting on their case then. Thanks for the heads up.

City Council:

https://www.leicester.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/roads-and-pavements/

County Council:

https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/report-a-road-problem

How to get compensation for damage to your vehicle caused by potholes:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/motoring/pothole-car-damage-compensation-1024889

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nice one Bucey ! ...    

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

People doing 30 down Soar Valley Way. I swear some people go out in rush hour with nowhere to go really, just to hold everyone up who has somewhere to be. 

Women drivers ehh?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Those who don't stop at zebra crossings when they have the time and good distance to see a pedestrian waiting for them to stop to allow them to cross.

Also cyclists who think they can just peddle through zebra crossings and red lights as if the laws of the road do not apply to them ( saw a cyclist yesterday just peddle through a zebra crossing even though people were walking on it.

On 3/16/2018 at 00:46, Vardinio'sCat said:

What car is it?

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Also cyclists who think they can just peddle through zebra crossings and red lights as if the laws of the road do not apply to them ( saw a cyclist yesterday just peddle through a zebra crossing even though people were walking on it.

City cyclists are the pest. Rules simply don't apply to them, and when you tell them off, they lose their marbles.

Dislike them with a passion, careless plonkers.

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

I was in a hurry

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Those who don't stop at zebra crossings when they have the time and good distance to see a pedestrian waiting for them to stop to allow them to cross.

I walk to and from work in the city centre and have to run the daily gauntlet of drivers who don't think red lights on pedestrian crossings apply to them.

Edited by Arkie Bennett

15 minutes ago, potter3 said:

It's allowed so long as it's the 1.7

Of course, such an amazing drivers car, although passengers kill the performance. Top gear only sold off theirs a couple of years ago. They were used to teach the stars the track, they are so forgiving through the corners, a bit like an old mini (or so I am told), you barely need the brakes.

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Of course, such an amazing drivers car, although passengers kill the performance. Top gear only sold off theirs a couple of years ago. They were used to teach the stars the track, they are so forgiving through the corners, a bit like an old mini (or so I am told), you barely need the brakes.

Yeah I used to have mk5 Fiesta ZS which shares the same chassis, really fun car. Dropping a 1.7 Puma lump in was a common mod, more power as standard and responded better to further upgrades.

• Like 1

The roads round us (Glen Parva) really are a fookin disgrace. Pot-holes everywhere. They try to do a temporary fix on them, but it lasts no more than weeks.

It’s a nightmare to vehicles. You pay a fortune on your nice cars and bikes, only to get them wrecked by pot holes, speed bumps and the like.

Disgraceful.