Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Chelsea tractors which drive down the middle of the road because there is a little drifting snow on each side. So you have to drive through the snow on the verge to get past them. As seen in Newton Harcourt this morning. Chelsea tractors which use up two car parking places at the supermarket, when the car park is already full.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yup my friend mentioned the drifts on the back road she lives from Marefield to Tilton are un-passable, due to drifts. 

Yea I always find around tilton always seems more snow, maybe coz it’s higher, 

On 01/03/2018 at 08:57, David Guiza said:

People who take a couple of decades to reverse park in a multistory, ironically I presume it is to save themselves time later on. 

I’d guess it’s because it can be difficult to see when reversing out in multi-storey car parks because there are always pillars blocking the view. I always reverse park because some of the sites I work on demand it as part of the induction and will kick you off site for non compliance, so it’s a habit now. I don’t take long though, unless I feel like annoying people :whistle:

19 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d guess it’s because it can be difficult to see when reversing out in multi-storey car parks because there are always pillars blocking the view. I always reverse park because some of the sites I work on demand it as part of the induction and will kick you off site for non compliance, so it’s a habit now. I don’t take long though, unless I feel like annoying people :whistle:

I think part of the problem is that 90% of cars in Leamington seem to be that delightful mixture of 4x4s driven by people with no spacial awareness. Either that or they are all spawns of you deleiberaly slowing down my day :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Driving through the peak district this morning. Turned a corner to find a car heading straight towards me on the wrong side of the road . Slammed on my brakes , the car swerved back in . Don't know how he missed me and the line of cars he was overtaking. Really shook me up , thought my days were numbered.

The most annoying thing was he was in a Toyota Aygo, not exactly a high powered car , and trying to overtake on a blind bend several cars. 

3 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Driving through the peak district this morning. Turned a corner to find a car heading straight towards me on the wrong side of the road . Slammed on my brakes , the car swerved back in . Don't know how he missed me and the line of cars he was overtaking. Really shook me up , thought my days were numbered.

The most annoying thing was he was in a Toyota Aygo, not exactly a high powered car , and trying to overtake on a blind bend several cars. 

Would have made a good epitaph on your headstone ....    “HE WAS DRIVING A FVCKIN AYGO !! “ ...    :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, isaidno said:

I always think one day that person will meet themselves (a like minded driver) coming the other way.

Let's hope the rest of us on not on that road at that time.

Good driving though @isaidno. I hope it didn't spoil your weekend. Glad you are my village.

Twat joined m1 at j21 from Fosse Park at 30mph. Slowly drives into lane two from the slip (runs right to the end and kind of half merges in).

Stays in lane 2. Car which was behind him has to go into lane 3 to get past. Much brake slamming on slip road/lane 2 as the jeb end continues at 30 as I fly past in lane 1 (from m69) at the grand speed of 55.

Oh and the video on the mercury site regarding a50 and a slip road. Woman joins a50 really slowly and goes from lane 1 to lane 2 (dual carriageway remember) without picking up speed. 

All slow drivers need to be shot.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Whichever rat faced mother ****ing cock womble twat who crashed into my car and just drove off without leaving their details. ****.

Despicable.  This is exactly the reason I want to get a front and rear dashcam setup when I can afford a decent one.

On 11/03/2018 at 20:11, Great Boos Up said:

I always think one day that person will meet themselves (a like minded driver) coming the other way.

Let's hope the rest of us on not on that road at that time.

Good driving though @isaidno. I hope it didn't spoil your weekend. Glad you are my village.

Then surely they'll miss one another then?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Despicable.  This is exactly the reason I want to get a front and rear dashcam setup when I can afford a decent one.

Wouldn't have made any difference as I wasn't in the car. Must have happened in the night on front of my house! Absolute ****ers.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wouldn't have made any difference as I wasn't in the car. Must have happened in the night on front of my house! Absolute ****ers.

Happened to me a few years ago. Bastard wrote off my van.

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

Twat joined m1 at j21 from Fosse Park at 30mph. Slowly drives into lane two from the slip (runs right to the end and kind of half merges in).

Stays in lane 2. Car which was behind him has to go into lane 3 to get past. Much brake slamming on slip road/lane 2 as the jeb end continues at 30 as I fly past in lane 1 (from m69) at the grand speed of 55.

Oh and the video on the mercury site regarding a50 and a slip road. Woman joins a50 really slowly and goes from lane 1 to lane 2 (dual carriageway remember) without picking up speed. 

All slow drivers need to be shot.

Something like the A50 one happened to me today. Honestly couldn't believe it. Going down the A46, woman came up the short slip just before Syston, roads are clear and I'm doing 70, at 35mph she goes straight from the slip into the outside lane.

Id seen her coming up the slip so pulled over so she could merge into lane one at her leisure, but no, straight through an empty lane and into my path.

Just now, Webbo said:

Happened to me a few years ago. Bastard wrote off my van.

Thankfully not that bad. Still a £400 repair that I didn't need... added to the service, MOT and two new tyres already this month.

Second time it's happened as well, driver door already has a bloody dent where someone drove into it. And the backs all scratched where someone broke into it.

Might jack it in and go back on the bus at this rate.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

You can get ones with motion detect which automatically turn on and record if someone hiys your car.

7 minutes ago, adam1 said:

You can get ones with motion detect which automatically turn on and record if someone hiys your car.

But they need to be hard wired into the car and not just plugged into the cigarette lighter 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

My car has a rock hard suspension, so I'm finding the pot-holes a real pain.

I bet some private contractor is making a mint off of it all, bleeding us dry.

That would imply that councils have an underspend to sort out the pot holes this year... I’m guessing not.