Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

Or people that drive up your arse when you're at a section of road with average speed cameras so you can't actually go any quicker than you already are

Yep. the same idiots I suppose.

I think it's people who can only see what's directly in front of their nose.

7 minutes ago, BornBlue said:

People who drive up your arse, but won't overtake you.

There's no diplomatic way of saying this: it's usually women.

And on a motorway when they sit in the middle lane just in your blind spot and won't move. 

1 hour ago, BornBlue said:

People who drive at a snail pace in a place where overtaking is not possible and when it is possible decide to put their foot down to aggravate you.

Speaking in a non diplomatic way, usually Men.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

People who drive at a snail pace in a place where overtaking is not possible and when it is possible decide to put their foot down to aggravate you.

Guilty!

In my defence, I get paid more if I drive slower, so I’m not sorry.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yes I hate this, it's usually old men in sports cars on country roads, they slow down to about 5 miles an hour for every bend, but then won't give you the opportunity to overtake on the few and far between straight bits because they suddenly remember how to accelerate. 

• Haha 1

At  work today, driving on blues and twos this morning. Going down Anstey Lane towards Blackbird Road, I had to pass the queue of traffic on my side so I was driving cautiously against the oncoming traffic whilst straddling the centre line. Oncoming cars were moving to their left to allow me to pass. There was a car coming towards me but wasn't seeming to move over. I kept thinking, they'll see me... surely they'll se me... Shit, they haven't seen me!

I stopped hard. Had to avoid a collision, As the car went past me, I saw a face sized area of windscreen which the driver (she) had scraped clear of ice, And then I saw her child in the back.

On 21/02/2018 at 04:04, woollett the bullet said:

Not just today but quite often . . 

Handfuls of McDonald's / kfc etc  boxs , wrappers and drinks containers thrown out of the nearside or offside windows of moving cars / vans .

"Well I've done with that - someone else can pick the fooker up "

I have a theory that the business's that supply these items should be fined for each one collected. These pricks are using litter to advertise their scummy business, then they should pay for it to be removed.

At the very least they would stop printing their sodding adverts on every single blank area in the world... and dont get me started on brand name tshirts and glasses....bugger, off to the grinds my gears thread.

• Like 2

Soulsby loses two lanes coming out of the city centre on Welford road for bike lanes, then people on bikes decide to still ride on the road and make one of the two lanes left completely unusable in rush hour traffic. Wankers.

On 27.2.2018 at 14:07, Fox92 said:

And on a motorway when they sit in the middle lane just in your blind spot and won't move. 

If they are in Your Blindspot,how do you Know ,that they are there.:P

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, anotherharboroughfox said:

People driving in snow who clearly aren't confident (or competent) to do so. Don't bother. (Same applies for motorways)

So no one should do any of the above until they have experience.

On 27/02/2018 at 13:00, BornBlue said:

Really? I find it’s nearly always men who do this.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2018 at 08:43, Babylon said:

Soulsby loses two lanes coming out of the city centre on Welford road for bike lanes, then people on bikes decide to still ride on the road and make one of the two lanes left completely unusable in rush hour traffic. Wankers.

Can’t you just drive over everything in your Monster Truck?

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 11:36, Babylon said:

I've noticed no end in the last month. There were two on a road near me, both literally 10m from each other... council filled in one and left the other!! lol

Caused by big wheeled, heavy vehicles no doubt. 

• Like 1

People driving at 30 on a dual carriageway thats been gritted heavily. I get in residential roads and country roads holding off the speed limit because of the weather, but you don't need to trundle down a nice clear A-road at 30 because there's a bit of snow on the trees off to the side.