Arriba Los Zorros Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 As above... thoughts please. I personally think achieving the consistency week on week needed to win a tough like like FLC is the greater achievement.
AndWhat? Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Being the 21st best team in the country or one of the top ten best in the country? Silly question
One Legged Beaver Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 I'm going to go out on a limb and say top ten in the prem.
Adster Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 As above... thoughts please. I personally think achieving the consistency week on week needed to win a tough like like FLC is the greater achievement. Please tell me this is a joke? .
Harry - LCFC Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 If it were a greater achievement to win the Championship our title winning team would likely be challenging for the Europa League this season. Clearly they aren't going to do that.
sylofox Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Winning Division 1 is better than top ten prem.
Captain... Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 I think the point is that winning the championship requires a consistency across the entire season and being there to be shot at, whilst operating on a limited budget, whereas finishing 10th could just be the result of a late surge a season long effort or throwing the Premiership millions at the team... ... maybe... Saying all that it is still clearly finishing in the top 10 in the prem. If it was 17th in the prem vs top of the Champ, then it would be a closer debate.
davieG Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Considering some thought that winning the tier 3 league was a massive achievement, after all it made the front cover of 'of fossils and foxes' when it was our lowest finish in history I can believe anything.
Fox92 Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Winning any League Championship at any level is a brilliant achievement, but finishing top ten in the top flight is also a great achievement. It's quite difficult to make a comparison but finishing in the top ten consistently (not just once) somewhat cements the club as a "Premier League club" nowadays.
babylad92 Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 are u taking this piss mate whats better playing regularlyl chelsea/arsenal/united/everton or barnsley/charlton/huddersfield not realy sure if this question is serious?
Wilson_6 Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 As above... thoughts please. I personally think achieving the consistency week on week needed to win a tough like like FLC is the greater achievement.
foxfanazer Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 I have to go to work now but I'll think about it and get back to you later.......
sylofox Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Considering some thought that winning the tier 3 league was a massive achievement, after all it made the front cover of 'of fossils and foxes' when it was our lowest finish in history I can believe anything. By the way I was taking the piss.
Stadt Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 I can see the where the OP is coming from because finishing 8th and 9th regularly isn't exactly exhilarating but if were to finish in those positions this season it would be great.
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 30 October 2014 Author Posted 30 October 2014 I can see the where the OP is coming from because finishing 8th and 9th regularly isn't exactly exhilarating but if were to finish in those positions this season it would be great. Thanks mate, that's exactly what I was getting at. We could finish top ten by having a fluke season, being strong at home and still having lost a lot more than we win. Finishing in the top 50 per cent of Prem isn't clear cut that much better as you are all making out than absolutely owning the league below, breaking our own records, and beating all teams that are out to knock us off our perch...... I'll still be prouder of our efforts last season even if we do somehow pull it out the bag this year
Stadt Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 It was a great feeling knowing we weren't going to lose last year but I'd like us to finish top half and really go for the FA cup
Silverdaz Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Winning the championship because winning any league is an achievement and something to tell you grandchildren
foxer Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 The feeling of winning the championship was amazing, and you wouldn't get that from top ten finish. But obviously coming in the top 10 is the better achievement
Dan Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Top ten. This isn't the same as comparing survival to the FA Cup - but both of these are league finishes and one is simply higher than the other. Not that you actually get anything for finishing in the top ten. Still irritates me to this day that we were robbed of a promotion day.
Guest Bilo Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Would I rather be given a blowjob or a pat on the head?
filbertway Posted 30 October 2014 Posted 30 October 2014 Would I rather be given a blowjob or a pat on the head? The blowie is from white dee and the pat on the head is Megan Fox though. (I hope it guessed/worked them out correctly)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.