Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Southampton away

id go with    

Kasper

De laet    Morgan              Wasyl  Konch

Mahrez     Cambiasso       King     Schlupp

Vardy         Ulloa

Reckon we can beat Southampton if we attack and be positive rather than sit back and be negative 

I believe the best way to go would be a 4-4-1-1 for a number of reasons. It would give us the width we need when teams are congesting the middle of the pitch and we cant pass through them, especially considering on the ball we dont have players who can thread a needle with tempo. It also gives our two full backs which im sure opposition teams are targeting as a weakness more cover defensively. Teams have been playing on RDL all season.

The withdrawn forward/trequartista can drop in as an extra midfielder without the ball and put pressure on the opposition sitting midfielder, but he can also (hopefully) arrive late in the box and drag defenders away with him.

As the lone striker, pace, movement and energy are required, hence Vardy over Ulloa in this system.

Id like something like:

------------------------------------Schmeichel

RDL/Simpson-------Morgan--------------------Moore________Konchesky

Mahrez--------------Cambiasso----------Drinkwater-----------Schlupp/Knockaert

---------------------------------------------------King/Powell

---------------------------------------Vardy

Schemichel
Simpson Was Wes De Laet(he has played lb before, cant be worse then Konch today)
                  James
       Cambiasso  Powell(Slightly more advanced)
Mahrez                            Albrighton/Lawrence
                 Vardy

Counter with pace, get powell advanced playmaking and cambiasso sitting deep finding passes, James battling, and try to get the ball to one of the front three as quick as possible and get at their defenders

It doesn't matter, we'll lose anyway.

The last 5 games were the time to pick up some vital points. We've blown it with our negativity and tactical failings, and now we have to accept we'll probably get beaten by teams who are actually better than us.

Just know Nugent and Konch ( yes I know he has not been the piss poor player of last season) are not good enough at this level. I still believe James and Drinky are the best option in the middle and Ulloa and Vardy up top. How we make it work and who we play out wide god knows I'm no master tactician. The trouble is I don't think Pearson is either. I still believe in him but I worry about the way he sets the team up and to finish a game today with 2 big lads up top and no wide player was desperate.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Wasyl

Konchesky

Powell

King

Drinkwater

James

Hammond

Cambiasso

Got to make sure we win that midfield battle as apparently that is key.

Archived