Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Southampton away

Schmeichel

De Laet Wasilewski Morgan Schlupp

Cambiasso

James ------------- Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy Ulloa

Subs: Smith, Moore, Hammond, King, Knockaert, Nugent, Wood.
Agree the only way the diamond will work is with attacking full backs and although kingy was by no means the worst player on the park today, mahrez would be interesting in that position.

If we sit back like we did at Newcastle we may well get spanked here, but the way Southampton play they leave lots if space in behind if we play with pace.

Got to go 4-4-1-1 have a go, but also playing Powell in the hole to support the midfield.

Kasper

De Laet

Was (Moore if suspended)

Wes

Schluup

Mahrez

James

King

Knockaert

Powell

Vardy

Subs: Smith, Moore/Simpson, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Ulloa, Lawrence, Nugent.

Pace will be the key, with Schluup and De Laet bombing on.

I think we will lose, so we may as well attack and see if we can shock them.

We can improve significantly and still lose this. These are on the same level as an Everton or Spurs at the minute for me. I just want to see at least a goal or a point. I don't know how much longer I can take travelling so many miles and seeing neither lol

My team, as usual..

Schmeichel

Simpson - Wasilewski - Morgan - Konchesky

Albrighton - James - Drinkwater - Mahrez

Vardy - Ulloa

Maybe harsh on RDL but I think he'd get absolutely terrorised by Tadic/Mane. Wasyl despite his elbow looked better for me than Moore has done. Cambiasso played well against WBA but simply doesn't fit in our most effective system (which is indisputably 4-4-2), Albrighton or Knockaert out wide but I want to see what Albrighton can do, Mahrez first name on the teamsheet, Vardy the second and Ulloa definitely comes in for Nugent, who simply isn't good enough.

What pisses me off so much about this game is that it just feels like a complete write-off. I just feel like we've blown our decent chances. Those two other games later this month look absolutely vital.

2-0 loss. I just hate the fact we probably aren't going to get another point for three weeks. I'm genuinely sick of international breaks. They take the complete piss when you're in this league.

We need a positive performance.

A performance to build on. The first few games had no pressure, no expectations. The points gained in them were simply a bonus. We need a performance to give the players belief we can win and compete in this league.

We also need to lay down the foundations of a starting 11. I am still optimistic that we have the foundations of a good premier league squad.

Get your best players in the team - yes saints are flying but if we go there to defend we will lose. If we go there to contain, we will lose. If we are going to lose, lose with the knowledge that you have something to build on the week after.

Starting 11:

As much as our players are use to 4-4-2 we simply can not play it in this league. We will be bossed out the midfield battle by 90% of teams. So....

Formation: 4-3-2-1

Kasper - he is our number one and needs to step up to show that he belongs as a top four keeper - start to live up to the swagger KS.

RB: Simpson - experience!! I am not saying Ritchie should be discarded completely but our back four are shattered we need players who know this league - ala Simpson.

CB: Morgan

CB: Moore - better than Wasyl - young needs to play as an individual player has looked excellent - needs to improve as a team player.

LB: Konch - been reliable this year.

Having Simpson over de laet - with his experience will improve both Moore and Morgan. We may lose something going forward, however.

CM 1: Drinkwater - trust Danny. He is prem

Class and he needs to start believing it himself. When Danny is in form, so are we!!

CM 2: King - slightly more forward than the other two - runs into the box keep the ball ticking allowing him to be a cog and in vital 3 man combo

ALTERNATIVE: Powell / same principles as King however lacks the knowledge of King due simply to not being here long enough.

CM 3: James - read Danny comments above.

With the three man midfield you bring back the energy to our play which is so so so important tot our success. Esteban can not run around due to age I truly believe he will be far more impo against the big teams and see out our results also.

Wingers = CREATIVITY!! Pace tricks flicks crossing - without lets be honest we are not worth the entrance fee.

RW Manrez - best Player in the squad so far this season on going forward.

LW: this is slightly harder due to no one showing the glimpses Mahrez has. Options: Schlupp/Knockaert/ Albrighton and Lawrence - the one who suits this starting 11 in training gets the go ahead.

FW: Vardy great pace up front through

The middle - he is not a winger or suited to playing in three man attack.

Ulloa - needs service for goals

Out of these two I would go for Ulloa - for his attacking work he does need to hs the ball

Up better.

Basically that's my reasons '

We win 1-0

I hope we go there and have a go like we did at Chelsea. A fluky 0-1 would be so typical us, but I can't see it happening. Would be delighted with a point.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Simpson

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Cambiasso

Albrighton

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs: Smith, Wasyl, James, King, Knocky, Powell, Nugent.

442. konch is a disaster waiting to happen every game, schlupp is no worse but offers more going forward. As most knew, Nugent wouldn't be a threat unless we got penalties every game.... Drinky needs a rest/kick up the arse. Albrighton hopefully offers work rate and support to De Laet and some good crosses to Ulloe, and schlupp, mahrez and Vardy offer serious threat on the break.

Kasper

De laet, Wes, pole, schlupp

Albrighton James cambiassio mahrez

Vardy Ulloe

The main thing we have to avoid is total humiliation a la Sunderland. If we come away with a narrow defeat and decent performance, it wouldn't be such a disaster.

I'd love to see us get something out of this game, and a couple of wins would make us all start to believe in the team again, but it looks like a hiding to nothing.

I would like to see...

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Wasilewski- he passes the ball a lot better than Moore does.

Schlupp- will provide a better threat going forward and isn't scared of receiving the ball.

Cambiasso

King

James

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

I can see a very negative team set-up here.  Southampton could score a shedload if we se up an attacking formation, and while that's the only way we're likely to get anything out of the game I don't think NP will risk a hammering, his stock probably isn't too high with the owners at present and a real thumping would result in calls for his head.

I'm gonna Old School MON here: 

3-5-2! :o Hear me out... 

Schmeichel

Was Wes Moore

RDL                                                        Schlupp/Powell

Cambiasso

Marez                     James/Drinky/King

Vardy Ulloa

Now this solve a lot of the people's on here's complaints:

RDL - is not good enough defensively, but he is damn quick at getting forward and can run his arse off.

Central defensive 3 - All pretty good - Was = Taggs, Wes = Elliott, Moore = Sinclair 

Schlupp - no one knows whether he's a winger or a LB, with this he's both. (Again as with RDL he has the necessary pace/running for the role. (or Powell)

Now we can have that 3 in midfield but still have width.

Forwards... should get some service... I'd hope...

The problem with 442 as I see it is we don't have the wingers, Mahrez doesn't have that ability to cross a ball...

Also no-one knows our 'current' best midfield two, no combiation since ManU has worked.

That's my 6 pence anyways... :)

I can see a very negative team set-up here.  Southampton could score a shedload if we se up an attacking formation, and while that's the only way we're likely to get anything out of the game I don't think NP will risk a hammering, his stock probably isn't too high with the owners at present and a real thumping would result in calls for his head.

If we do that again, as at Newcastle and swansea we will see us constantly giving the ball away as no forward options, and simply waiting for Southampton to score, and hope its not too early or it could be a large score, we with no real threat from ourselves. What is the point in even turning up with that philosophy, hence the last 5 games.

Best XI please.

Anything less than a 5-0 defeat is respectable.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

King

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Nugent 

From that line up, drop Drinky for Knocky, King for James and Nuge for Vardy. A team like Southampton you need to attack and attack and don't let them attack you.

Any points are a bonus from this one, they're the business aren't they? I'll be ****ed if we set up to avoid defeat and nothing else.

Kasper

Simpson------Wasyl/Moore--------Morgan-----Konch

Cambiasso----------James

King

Mahrez------------------------------------------Lawrence*

Vardy

And if Pearson isn't drilling the importance of not constantly giving the ball away into the minds of our full backs I despair, Konchesky has returned to hoofing constantly after seemingly being quite resourceful earlier in the season and the less said about RDL's inability to cross the better. Some egos need bruising, Drinkwater and Nugent in particular; games against the likes of Burnley and WBA at home are ready made for the former to replicate his form of last season and he's completely failed to deliver in spectacular fashion (and I love the bloke).

*Wrote Lawrence but could quite as easily be Tony. Anybody with some kind of creativity, if we shoehorn Vardy or Nugent out on the wing I'll go west.

4-4-2 please, back to simplicity NP!

Kasper

Simpson

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Knockaert

Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy

Ulloa

Subs: James, Powell, Lawrence, Wasyl, Konchesky, Smith and Wood.

Southampton 2-0 Leicester City

Tadic and Pelle with their goals.

Kasper

Simpson -- Morgan -- Moore -- Konchesky 

Drinkwater -- Cambiasso

Mahrez -- Powell -- Vardy

Ulloa

Yes I know we're agreed Vardy isn't a winger but I'm trying to work around both him and Ulloa playing. Ulloa holds the ball really well which I think is key in away games, especially tough places like Southampton. Powell behind. 

It's either going to be a hammering or a sneaky 0-1 away victory...

It won't be worse than 3-0.

We'll play 442/4411 but Nugent will probably play :(

I think I'd go for

------------------------------KS

-----De Laet---Wasyl---Morgan-----Konchesky(:()

----Mahrez-----Drinky-----James-----Lawrence/Knockaert

---------------------------Powell

-----------------------------Leo

Archived