Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Southampton away

Having watched lots of our games and read lots of comments, I think we must play 4.4.1.1 and stick with it. We must play one winger, and play Vardy behind Ulloa. This I feel will utilise Vardy's pace, as our most effective weapon is him running at pace with the ball towards the penalty area.

The winger, I believe, should be Mahrez. The three midfielders? It's far from obvious. I think Esteban, for his experience and passing range. Then two from James, DD and King. Hard to split the three of them at the moment.

Defence? Stick with Was/Wes for a few games. I was going to drop De Laet, but personally I think Konch is more of an error prone liability, so it has to be Schlupp.

Thus I go with

KS

RDL

JS

MW

WM

RM

EC

MJ

AK  (King)

JV

LU

I think that's the system we should play week in, week out. Sure change the personnel from time to time. DD could easily slot into one of the midfield berths, but I'm not sure all is well with him at the moment. I'm hoping this gives us the right blend between attack and defence, and it gives us attacking options. JV darting through the middle. RM going on one of his mazy runs. LU available to meet crosses.

Bench of AS, LM, NP, CW, AKnock, DD, MA

Schmeichel

RDL Morgan Wasyl Konchesky

Mahrez King Hammond Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs Powell, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Vardy, Moore, Wood, Keeper

We need to defend our box in numbers & break with pace, Nugent's workrate key to not giving some of their players too much time on the ball to damage us with quality passing.

If we go with supposed attacking tactics like the past 5 games we'll concede about 8,defending our box & hitting ball up to Ulloa allowing others to join in our only chance of a result.

Schmeichel

RDL Morgan Wasyl Konchesky

Mahrez King Hammond Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Subs Powell, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, Vardy, Moore, Wood, Keeper

We need to defend our box in numbers & break with pace, Nugent's workrate key to not giving some of their players too much time on the ball to damage us with quality passing.

If we go with supposed attacking tactics like the past 5 games we'll concede about 8,defending our box & hitting ball up to Ulloa allowing others to join in our only chance of a result.

Surely Vardy would be better at 'breaking with pace' :dunno:

3-5-2 anyone using de laet on the right and the lad lawrence on the left ?

--------------------------------------kasper---------------------------------------

---------moore----------------------morgan----------------------------was--

---------------------drinkwater------------------cambiasso------------------

de laet----------------------------powell-------------------------lawrence--

---------------------vardy-----------------------ulloa---------------------------

Requires a hell of a lot of coaching to get right and avoid spankings

Yep, but Nugent's workrate against sides that play from the back like Arsenal is needed, pace off the bench never hurts & is more often beneficial

fair enough. Lets just hope Southampton hit complacency and underestimate us. I know they've had a great start to there season but there good run must surely come to an end at some point.

I would like to see

Kasper

RDL   Morgan   Was   Konch

Mahrez   Drinkwater   James   Schluup

Vardy

Ulloa

Lets have the CM partnership that worked so well last season. Love Cambiasso but i dont want this team to forget what made us so dominant last season. That midfield pairing when playing well were unbeatable.

Big fan of Nuge but we have to be realistic and so far he simply hasnt cut it this season. Although i do agree to an extent with his workrate causing problems for Southampton so would understand if he played but would much rather see Vardy playing off the shoulder of Ulloa.

Lets not forget Southampton dont have world class players. There just a team on a good run and are there to be beaten. We shouldnt go into this game scared of them.

Why's everyone so quick to put Simpson in our best XI. Makes me chuckle everytime

Because they haven't seen how bad he is yet.

Same XI for me but with Ulloa and Mahrez in for King and Nugent.

Astonished at how anyone can think of dropping Was. He's the first man I'd want on Pelle.

--------------Schmeichel-------------

Konchesky--Wasyl--Morgan--RDL

------------Cambiasso---------------

Mahrez-------------------Albrighton 

------------Drinkwater---------------

----------Ulloa------------------------

-----------------Vardy---------------- 

Cambiasso and Drinkwater would play in a middle 4, but Cambiasso could drop back or stay centre so that Drinkwater (or to be honest, a better AM) could push up.

I think this could be the perfect game for us right now. Zero expectations and a chance for some of our under performers to prove they can cut the mustard.

I still fully expect a loss but I'm looking forward to the pressure being off and the opposition not sitting behind the ball

Archived