Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

Defence is a nightmare at the moment, everyone seems a yard slower both in pace and in thought. Morgan should have been switched on enough to smash Chadli's ball into row Z but Kane wanted it more and therefore got his reward. The defending in general of set plays has been crap for some time, its hard to see a way out at the moment.

Unbelivable how stupid football fans can be sometimes. The ball was BEHIND him. It was sheer bad luck.

Yeah, shows how stupid you are! You completely misunderstood my post. I can't be bothered explaining to you. Sheer bad luck we didn't have an attacker or agile midfielder there instead of Wes- maybe, just maybe, a lighter more composed player would have somehow scrambled the ball over the line.

Still feel sorry for him. I played a good level of amateur football for 25 years, and still remember incidents in games where I think I could've done better when I probably couldn't.

Morgan showed his ball skills twice to good effect yesterday, once when he got back to challenge Kane for their 1st goal and again when he couldn' t make contact with the ball less than 2 yards from their goal line towards the end of the match.

In other words, he hasn't got any, he's just a lump on the pitch.

Yeah, shows how stupid you are! You completely misunderstood my post. I can't be bothered explaining to you. Sheer bad luck we didn't have an attacker or agile midfielder there instead of Wes- maybe, just maybe, a lighter more composed player would have somehow scrambled the ball over the line.

Still feel sorry for him. I played a good level of amateur football for 25 years, and still remember incidents in games where I think I could've done better when I probably couldn't.

Your post read that he'd missed an easy chance through ineptitude. You've probably then seen it back and realised I was right. Loris gets a fingertip to the ball which means it is then behind Wes as he's already moving towards where he thinks the ball is going to go. Bad luck and good goalkeeping. Not a mistake by Wes

Morgan showed his ball skills twice to good effect yesterday, once when he got back to challenge Kane for their 1st goal and again when he couldn' t make contact with the ball less than 2 yards from their goal line towards the end of the match.

Yep, just pick all the bad stuff. I'm sure they were the only times he touched the ball.

What about when he wriggled his way out of trouble with a few Spurs players around him?

Morgan is the biggest fat bag of steaming shite to ever play in the top flight. He's an utter cretinous buffoon. How on earth people ever thought he was good enough for the Premier League are idiots too. Shame on Nigel for allowing this oaf our captaincy. What kind of example does it show? Such an embarrassment our club has become.

Idiot, i guess you missed his 2 crucial interceptions/blocked first half. As for his miss, a crucial touch from lloris didn't help

The clips from MOTD highlight the stacks of play data that show how poor he's been recently and that's sobering after some of the great shifts he put in last season - technically he has really struggled against forwards at the premier league level but equally he also been too quiet for me at key moments and doesn't command the defence; hardly seen him speak at the games I have been to when most needed. We all know our defence is pretty poor at the moment but it takes a very brave manager to drop their anchor, i don't have any smart answers but if something doesn't change we'll be swapping places with Bournemouth or even Brentford in the Spring and i never thought i'd be writing that...! I'm sure he knows he needs to improve let's hope tomorrow he does..

Idiot, i guess you missed his 2 crucial interceptions/blocked first half. As for his miss, a crucial touch from lloris didn't help

If you genuinely believe Morgan is a Premiership defender, then do yourself a favour and take up knitting.

Morgan is the biggest fat bag of steaming shite to ever play in the top flight. He's an utter cretinous buffoon. How on earth people ever thought he was good enough for the Premier League are idiots too. Shame on Nigel for allowing this oaf our captaincy. What kind of example does it show? Such an embarrassment our club has become.

You need to replace the word Fox with Bates pal.

Would you say Jason shackell and Michael keane is a better partnership?

Do they play for Leicester City? Because if not, I couldn't careless.

The point that I have been making in this thread and numerous others is that, we have a Championship defence in the Premier League, that Morgan is at the heart of and it simply is not good enough.

I realky don't get some of you lot. I agree Wes has been poor at times this season but overall, he is our best CB. I think Waslewski is so bad. It beggars believe how he managers to get in to our quad let alone first 11. Big Wes and Moore at the back for me every game. And Upson on the bench.

Really? Since Wasyl has come in, he's looked solid. I'd be having Wasyl and Upson once Upson is fit.

Really? Since Wasyl has come in, he's looked solid. I'd be having Wasyl and Upson once Upson is fit.

Those 2 have to be worth a go - we've tried every other permutation!

It's a shame to see Wes struggling so badly. I think he needs a spell out of the firing line to regain his form and confidence. Leaving him in there is destined to destroy him completely. It's not only his individual errors that are costing us; his head is so muddled that he can't organise the defence properly either. Check out the defensive line v Spurs for the first goal yesterday. Awful.

All that said, some of the abuse he is getting is outrageous and deeply unfair to someone who has been a good servant to the club. Even this season, in the first dozen games or so most were saying he had been our best player. Short memories or fickle, either way, the abuse is totally uncalled for.

Your post read that he'd missed an easy chance through ineptitude. You've probably then seen it back and realised I was right. Loris gets a fingertip to the ball which means it is then behind Wes as he's already moving towards where he thinks the ball is going to go. Bad luck and good goalkeeping. Not a mistake by Wes

No, you're wrong again! Read my first post please. Where did I say he missed a chance- I just said the touch was agonising, ie it didn't quite have enough on it to cross the line and to see his reaction was sad. I couldn't bear watching Motd and haven't for weeks. I watched the game live on line, and a bit of the second half on sky lady night, but not Wes incident. Yes, I did see the replay on the stream showing the fingertip touch. Still reckon he'll be beating himself up over it. Ah well, can't change anything now. I think we'll be out muscled tomorrow , despite having a good go in last 15 / 20 minutes, and we 'll all be more depressed going into the New Year - hope I'm wrong.

No, you're wrong again! Read my first post please. Where did I say he missed a chance- I just said the touch was agonising, ie it didn't quite have enough on it to cross the line and to see his reaction was sad. I couldn't bear watching Motd and haven't for weeks. I watched the game live on line, and a bit of the second half on sky lady night, but not Wes incident. Yes, I did see the replay on the stream showing the fingertip touch. Still reckon he'll be beating himself up over it. Ah well, can't change anything now. I think we'll be out muscled tomorrow , despite having a good go in last 15 / 20 minutes, and we 'll all be more depressed going into the New Year - hope I'm wrong.

I 100% agree we will most probably be out muscled tomorrow. Depressing thought.

I never thought Morgan would be good enough at this level and sadly I've been proved right. Big Was has shown himself to be more competent at this level.

Sadly age and mobility is against him. Moore I think would benefit from being loaned out for a few Months working with different Managers and Coaches.

Archived