Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

problem is.. If we drop him then the only other alternative right now is moore/was combo in defence which isnt much better

Indeed and anyone who watched the Moore/Was combination against Villa and also when they were even worse, against Shrewsbury in the League Cup, will know just what a worrying thought that is!

He had poor games Vs QPR & Liverpool but in the rest of the games he's been generally exceptional.

Top blocker in the whole league, astonishing! desperately needs someone with Upson's skills alongside him. His injury has been catastrophic to the type of goals we concede

Much better when he doesn't have to play on the left hand side when Wasyl plays. Wasilewski is absolutely horrendous. The amount of free kicks he gives away is shocking

Averaging two per game, three tonight, one of which was pretty much on the half way line. Too many for a centre half?

Averaging two per game, three tonight, one of which was pretty much on the half way line. Too many for a centre half?

Probably. There's been quite a few which have led to the opposition scoring from the free-kick.

But you've got to feel sorry for him today- that touch with the net gaping was agonising- if we don't survive and Wes never betters last season then that will be in his memory as a "what if"

Irony? Feel sorry for him. Easier to score than miss and his defending for the spurs goal was laughable

He was excellent at the start of the season, remember all the praise after Chelsea and Arsenal? He does good stuff and he does bad stuff, I like him and he's very committed, just very slow at moving his body when crosses are coming in.

He hadn't been shunted onto the other side of defence early on, hasn't helped one bit.

I realky don't get some of you lot. I agree Wes has been poor at times this season but overall, he is our best CB. I think Waslewski is so bad. It beggars believe how he managers to get in to our quad let alone first 11. Big Wes and Moore at the back for me every game. And Upson on the bench.

Play Upson forget conceding one or two, it will be more like four & five with him in the side. 

Wasyl in particular is getting harshly criticised, he is over aggressive at times, but mistakes wise he hasn't made as many as the likes of De Laet, Morgan & Konchesky.

He was bloody fantastic against Sunderland & West Brom.

correct fleckney, their shortcomings were masked last  year because our defensive mids were so  good.

This year it's as plain as the nose on your face that the two center backs are out of their depth.

How a manager could not see this is beyond my comprehension.

Morgan will give Darren Moore a run for his money as the worst player ever to play in the premiership.

Wow is all I can say about this thread.

He is the one defender is our side who can actually defend. Its like all you guys on here praising simpson because he is a 'solid defender' compared to de laet.....

Guess who lost Chadli for the first goal? Simpson. Guess who was too slow to track back and catch him where de laet would have been stronger? Simpson. Who lost Chadli a further twice in the first half alone? Simpson. Whose side did the free kick come from due to his poor positioning? Simpson.

you're right simpson isn't very good.

kane is no superman, but he made morgan look like he was running in slow motion.

one of the reasons for my frustration is it was obvious to anyone with a footballing brain  where our shortcomings were and none of them  were addressed in the close season.

particularly in  defense.

kane is no superman, but he made morgan look like he was running in slow motion.

one of the reasons for my frustration is it was obvious to anyone with a footballing brain  where our shortcomings were and none of them  were addressed in the close season.

Never understand what Pearson/coaching staff were thinking in the summer.last season we couldn't defend a cross and the main form of defence was to throw yourself at the ball because your out of position,clumsy or too slow and nothing was really done about it.we get 100 million from going up and have billionaire owners and we have ended up with this squad.

Plus we have. 2 championship keepers to compound our short comings

Archived