Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

Those 2 have to be worth a go - we've tried every other permutation!

It's a shame to see Wes struggling so badly. I think he needs a spell out of the firing line to regain his form and confidence. Leaving him in there is destined to destroy him completely. It's not only his individual errors that are costing us; his head is so muddled that he can't organise the defence properly either. Check out the defensive line v Spurs for the first goal yesterday. Awful.

All that said, some of the abuse he is getting is outrageous and deeply unfair to someone who has been a good servant to the club. Even this season, in the first dozen games or so most were saying he had been our best player. Short memories or fickle, either way, the abuse is totally uncalled for.

THIS. Poor old Wes - a good servant, but not agile enough to be as good as he was last season now we are a higher level. Naivety on part of the management not to have given the defense a major overhaul during the summer, and that's where our major problems lie.

He had a solid first couple of months and a nightmare this past month. I'm not sure he's agile enough to ever be a consistent defender at this level, which is a shame given his performances for us in the Championship. I'd put Upson in for him when he's fit.

Wasyl doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO and is nowhere near as slow as people make out. He's played well since he came in for Moore, who people seem to be forgetting was having a torrid time before he was dropped, much worse than Wes is playing now.

All in all we could really do with a new CB in January. Whether we will get one who can step in inmediately and perform is another question.

Wow is all I can say about this thread.

Spot on, sounds like wez is keeping us in it today.

He is the one defender is our side who can actually defend. Its like all you guys on here praising simpson because he is a 'solid defender' compared to de laet.....

Guess who lost Chadli for the first goal? Simpson. Guess who was too slow to track back and catch him where de laet would have been stronger? Simpson. Who lost Chadli a further twice in the first half alone? Simpson. Whose side did the free kick come from due to his poor positioning? Simpson.

Sounds like Wes was absolutely immense today and AGAIN, how our 'fans' are all too quick to jump on some poor sod's back.

Well done son....

I thought he started the season well. Can't deny he did have quite a few nightmares but he was brilliant today.

Hmmm..i've defended him in here but today I actually thought he showed glimpses of really poor play. Luckily Hull were so one-dimensional that they played to his strengths, but any bit of movement and he gets dragged all over the shop. Decent today and hopefully his confidence picks up, but I do worry about his reading of the game when facing top class players. 

Solid today. Another crucial block or 2 and commanded the defence well. He loves to put his body on the line and that's what I love about our defenders. Yes he had a bad patch of form, a bit longer than anyone would have wanted but hopefully today he gets some confidence back and improves upon this game.

Solid today. Another crucial block or 2 and commanded the defence well. He loves to put his body on the line and that's what I love about our defenders. Yes he had a bad patch of form, a bit longer than anyone would have wanted but hopefully today he gets some confidence back and improves upon this game.

" Love about our defenders."

Jesus wept,surely you wern't at the game?

delighted we won,but the defence was poor again today.

Not sure why pearson doesn't try 3 at the back with the limited defenders available.

Not sure why pearson doesn't try 3 at the back with the limited defenders available.

I watched it on TV but I don't get why that's a part to disagree with me about.

The defence wasn't poor. They shut out the Hull strikers and ultimately kept a clean sheet. What more could you seriously want from a game like today. Get some perspective for God's sake. We had our backs to the wall but the resilience showed in our defence today. If you can't give them any credit today when can you?!

This.....

If a team can sit on the back foot for 20 odd minutes and successfully hold on to a one goal lead, then they're anything but 'poor'.

Wes/Was were immense today, threw themselves in the way of everything. Very few fouls conceded around the box either, which,given the pressure the defence was under, is worth a little praise!

Does the description 'poor' defence include Hamer????? If it does then someone needs either an eye test or a reality check!

Yeah I was praying we wouldn't stick a leg inadvertently and bring one of their players down. Think we only gave away one free kick where they had a shot on goal? And even from that the wall did its job. Poor though. lol lol

I got a feeling he would of tried three at the back this season IF Upson had been bloody fit

This.....

If a team can sit on the back foot for 20 odd minutes and successfully hold on to a one goal lead, then they're anything but 'poor'.

Wes/Was were immense today, threw themselves in the way of everything. Very few fouls conceded around the box either, which,given the pressure the defence was under, is worth a little praise!

Does the description 'poor' defence include Hamer????? If it does then someone needs either an eye test or a reality check!

I completely agree. You can't knock this Nigel Pearson side for effort... And any defence that can hold out against that amount of pressure has not had a 'poor game'.

I thought our defence was poor, we lost the second ball on set pieces and stood off players in the box, giving hull plenty of chances. It was shambles

I have to agree somewhat. IMO our defence got half of it right....blocked shots well but for much of the game hoofed the ball up field and waited for the next wave. Where was the distribution? The Hull back line was our main passing target. I didn't see much effort after taking the ball to try and keep it with a controlled pass.

I have to agree somewhat. IMO our defence got half of it right....blocked shots well but for much of the game hoofed the ball up field and waited for the next wave. Where was the distribution? The Hull back line was our main passing target. I didn't see much effort after taking the ball to try and keep it with a controlled pass.

lol  Somebody seriously mentioned distribution and our defence in the same sentence?

The last 20 minutes of the Hull game, the defence weren't poor. What was poor was the fact that when we had the chance to clear the ball we would give possession back to Hull who would then send another wave of attacks. This happened when Cambiasso went off who was controlling the game very well, and retaining possession excellently. 

De laet is more interested in trying to get in front of his man and nick the ball to many times he has been caught doing that and wes Morgan must be the only defender I have ever seen been beaten for pace by Rickie lambert

Archived