Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

I completely agree. You can't knock this Nigel Pearson side for effort... And any defence that can hold out against that amount of pressure has not had a 'poor game'.

not knocking them for effort

. But the amount of chances hull had ,surely means the defence played poorly?

The fact that their attack was even worse doesnt really mean our defence was good as hull should have had 4 at least.

They didnt because they were shit,it was certainly nothing to do with good defending.

not knocking them for effort

. But the amount of chances hull had ,surely means the defence played poorly?

The fact that their attack was even worse doesnt really mean our defence was good as hull should have had 4 at least.

They didnt because they were shit,it was certainly nothing to do with good defending.

I think the amount of chances Hull had compared to us showed they played much better than us. But the question is whether their strikers were not clinical enough or if our defence was solid and prevented them to score. It's the same case with penalties. Put it in one spot and score it's a great penalty, put it in the exact same spot again and miss it's a poor penalty. 

I think the amount of chances Hull had compared to us showed they played much better than us. But the question is whether their strikers were not clinical enough or if our defence was solid and prevented them to score. It's the same case with penalties. Put it in one spot and score it's a great penalty, put it in the exact same spot again and miss it's a poor penalty.

To answer the question,their strikers weren't clinical enough or we would have been in big trouble

To make a block lol lol. Which he did.

You cant block it standing up? Going to ground should be the last resort for a defender but on many occasions this season, Wes chooses it as his first port of call.

Today it hit his head so you can put the laughing faces and say it was just a block, but it has cost us goals this season (Boxing day for example) so it isnt really that funny.

Dont get me wrong, I like Wes but have been disappointed with him this season and whilst today he's very unlucky to be on the end of such an appaling decision, going to ground all the time is going to cost us more often than not.

You cant block it standing up? Going to ground should be the last resort for a defender but on many occasions this season, Wes chooses it as his first port of call.

Today it hit his head so you can put the laughing faces and say it was just a block, but it has cost us goals this season (Boxing day for example) so it isnt really that funny.

Dont get me wrong, I like Wes but have been disappointed with him this season and whilst today he's very unlucky to be on the end of such an appaling decision, going to ground all the time is going to cost us more often than not.

When making a tackle, perhaps. To block something, I don't see anything wrong with it.

There's been countless times where we've seen Wes block a shot whilst sliding in but not seen much credit for him for doing so? 

Blocking a cross, what game are you watching?

With his face lying down off his feet again in the box and that's not a problem?

This. Not a penalty in a million years, of that there is no debate, but why slide? Why does he feel the need to go to ground so much and so quickly?

To be fair he cleanly and fairly blocked a cross cleanly and fairly and it ended up in a non dangerous area your clutching at straws to call him out for it. 

On the balance of the entire season he's probably been our best centre back even though he did have a period in November which was highly forgettable.

Are people seriously asking why he slid in? Some chap attacked him for sliding in for the QPR own goal a why back. It's no great mental task to put two and two together and work it out for yourself.

Out of position,reckless,not concentrating,out of his depth or any of them. He's costing us goals nearly every week and people seem to imagine it's bad luck,it's not, its because he's not good enough at defending and we will continue to leak goals with him at the back.

Christ above have you actually ever played football Claridge? When blocking a cross/shot the object is to make your surface area as big as possible to give you the best chance of blocking it. Staying on your feet when tackling is true, but when making a block you should use as much of your body as possible. 

If he had stayed on his feet there, the ball would have been pulled back behind him, so you're really talking absolute shit considering he fairly blocked the cross and cleared the ball to safety.

Out of position,reckless,not concentrating,out of his depth or any of them. He's costing us goals nearly every week and people seem to imagine it's bad luck,it's not, its because he's not good enough at defending and we will continue to leak goals with him at the back.

Fuking hell lol, I've had enough I'm going to do something more productive than read this website, might start with whacking my knackers in the kitchen draw.

Christ why are people so bloody sensitive?

Fine. I obviously know nothing of defending and going to ground puts you in a great position. Fair enough if he slipped today (doesnt look like it to me) that obviously wipes from history the times he's done it before.

Wes Morgan is Prem class.

Close thread.

The only goal I would attribute to his mistakes is Harry Kane's first against Spurs. Should have shown more strength to nudge Kane off the ball. His own goal was unfortunate. Otherwise in all the games he has played he has been solid. Finally, at least he can distribute well from the back unlike Was at times and Konchesky. We have weaker links in our defense, but Wes and RB position I wouldn't change.

Christ above have you actually ever played football Claridge? When blocking a cross/shot the object is to make your surface area as big as possible to give you the best chance of blocking it. Staying on your feet when tackling is true, but when making a block you should use as much of your body as possible. 

If he had stayed on his feet there, the ball would have been pulled back behind him, so you're really talking absolute shit considering he fairly blocked the cross and cleared the ball to safety.

5times out of 10 it would of hit his hand. If you think sliding on the ground to clear a cutback with your face is good defending then You must of missed under 7s football training

5times out of 10 it would of hit his hand. If you think sliding on the ground to clear a cutback with your face is good defending then You must of missed under 7s football training

He was behind the ball and had to spread himself to block the cross. I don't know where you got those stats from, but his job is to stop the ball getting into the box because that is the immediate danger. Your hands are a very small part of your body so it's more likely to hit you elsewhere. 

Archived