Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

Callum Davenport, Roman Vega, Titus Bramble - all worse than Morgan.

Last season and this season are completely different we have gone from dominating in games to being dominated.  Kasper has also looked suspect as has DeLeat, Moore.

I agree that Morgan but I'm not sure he should be singled out as the culprit.

Haha, that reminds me, was in the Arsenal end on Tuesday and one of the lads I was with asked me if Morgan was Titus Bramble.

Must have had a few as only just remembered that.

Again is the point.he's been shit with 5 at the back. He is the worse defender I have ever seen in the prem.

.Can you imagine the highlights of his seasons mistakes?

It is harsh but he is paid thousands of pounds a week for something he is not very good at.

John Curtis? Matt Heath? Steve Howey? 

Wes isn't a bad player - remember the first few games of the season where him and Moore kept 60m worth of strikers in Lukaku and Costa quiet for the majority of the match? It's quite clear he's flagging - but he's a competent enough defender, what he needs is a rest, not a boot into the championship.

Let us put things into perspective.

1.  Morgan probably isn't quite good enough for the Premier league but there are a number of other players that aren't either. 

2.  He is a top end Championship defender but lacks quality at this level in terms of decision making and positioning at times.

3.  Let's not be too harsh on the man though ffs, he is our captain and has hardly missed a game in recent times.  He gives his all for the cause and will never be found hiding.

4.  I think there would be a few of us surprised as to how much we would miss Wes were he to be dropped!

Wes isn't a bad player - remember the first few games of the season where him and Moore kept 60m worth of strikers in Lukaku and Costa quiet for the majority of the match? It's quite clear he's flagging - but he's a competent enough defender, what he needs is a rest, not a boot into the championship.

It is comparatively simple to look good in your first few Premiership games because you haven't been comprehensively scouted by the opposition, as the season goes on sides learn more about you - it is no coincidence that Wes has become increasingly culpable and exposed the further into the season we have gone.

Let us put things into perspective.

1. Morgan probably isn't quite good enough for the Premier league but there are a number of other players that aren't either.

2. He is a top end Championship defender but lacks quality at this level in terms of decision making and positioning at times.

3. Let's not be too harsh on the man though ffs, he is our captain and has hardly missed a game in recent times. He gives his all for the cause and will never be found hiding.

4. I think there would be a few of us surprised as to how much we would miss Wes were he to be dropped!

Nah mate, the fact he's been one of the best signings of the last 5 or 6 years counts for nothing because he's been playing poorly in a poor side. He deserves to be slagged off for this season apparently.

The good news is that, by that logic, if he plays well next season we can all be nice about him again.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is not exempt from criticism - far from it. I just think there's a clear difference between criticising and slagging off and imho the guy deserves a bit more respect considering the way he's led the team since he arrived. People can support the club how they want to, I just find the descendence into slagging a guy off at the first sign of trouble a bit of a shit way to 'support' the team.

don't quote me, but in the game i saw. chelsea won 2-0 with costa scoring a goal. is that what you mean about playing well and keeping the opposition strikers quiet? i bet costa is dreading playing our Wes again.

Like a few others, (Drinkwater especially!), Morgan just hasn't been able to make the step up.. And this has cost us our premier league status. Unfortunately Pearson has stood back and let this happen.. Awful to witness week after week!.. WHEN we get a new manager Morgan will be history!!

Nah mate, the fact he's been one of the best signings of the last 5 or 6 years counts for nothing because he's been playing poorly in a poor side. He deserves to be slagged off for this season apparently.

The good news is that, by that logic, if he plays well next season we can all be nice about him again.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is not exempt from criticism - far from it. I just think there's a clear difference between criticising and slagging off and imho the guy deserves a bit more respect considering the way he's led the team since he arrived. People can support the club how they want to, I just find the descendence into slagging a guy off at the first sign of trouble a bit of a shit way to 'support' the team.

Again you are missing the point. His ability in the championship is of no consequence, his ability (or lack thereof) in the Premiership is what he is being criticised for. What makes Wes 'exceptional' is that all other areas of the squad have been rested, rotated or dropped when playing badly - Wes however has remained in the side seemingly immune to any consequences for his ineptitude. Wes spends more time on his arse having either fallen over his own feet or because he is so wofully out of position that he needs to fling himself at the ball to block it.

Again you are missing the point. His ability in the championship is of no consequence, his ability (or lack thereof) in the Premiership is what he is being criticised for. What makes Wes 'exceptional' is that all other areas of the squad have been rested, rotated or dropped when playing badly - Wes however has remained in the side seemingly immune to any consequences for his ineptitude. Wes spends more time on his arse having either fallen over his own feet or because he is so wofully out of position that he needs to fling himself at the ball to block it.

Nope, I understood your point perfectly and I agree that he deserves criticism - my point was that the criticism shouldn't descend into insults. I think you've missed my point to be honest. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I think.

Nope, I understood your point perfectly and I agree that he deserves criticism - my point was that the criticism shouldn't descend into insults. I think you've missed my point to be honest. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I think.

I think this season is beyond the point of polite critique. He's been an ever present, the manager shows no signs of dropping him so we're left with no recourse other than to vent our spleens on here.

If it is ok for the manager to insult folks then it is ok for us.

Wes has been a good servant to the club but he's totally out of his depth in this league. Has cost us so many games with poor marking and own goals. Also very uncomfortable on the ball. Never saw him cutting it in the Prem and, sadly, I've been proved right.

A good servant? he's been here two years not ten.

pearson with morgan reminds me of taylor with junior lewis.

• 2 weeks later...

the fact he always keeps his place goes a long way to explaining why we're bottom

Keep saying it every week, pearson talks about fine margins, but when the same players keep making costly mistakes, and keep their place, I don't get why pearson thinks results will or can improve.

Archived