Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

7 hours ago, The Blur said:

Looking at Lisbon.   Flights are way more pricier than other European cities- Prague,Riga,Amsterdam etc.

We went Lisbon 2 weeks ago in Easter.

Beautiful  city but was rainy most days.

Try easyjet from Luton.

• Like 1

On 09/04/2024 at 05:52, Raj said:

We went Lisbon 2 weeks ago in Easter.

Beautiful  city but was rainy most days.

Try easyjet from Luton.

Yeah- looked at that too.   All prices were around £220-240 mark.   There are cheaper options around £180 but with rubbish flight times.  

My god, what hell is this place? Where’ve all these cretins come from; standing with their backs to the architecture and striking InstaTok poses?

Firenze is awful. 

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

My god, what hell is this place? Where’ve all these cretins come from; standing with their backs to the architecture and striking InstaTok poses?

Firenze is awful. 

It’s why a lot of folk I’ve spoke to use say Bologna or nearby as a base and then train into Florence and back. 

22 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s why a lot of folk I’ve spoke to use say Bologna or nearby as a base and then train into Florence and back. 

About half seven, the city emptied, the buses took their parties off elsewhere. Walked across the Ponte Vechio and stopped at the first plaza for quiet drink and great food. Walking back past the Duomo, it was beautiful without the hordes. Maybe you just need to catch a ride out of Firenze on a Sunday? Either way, love this city so hard.

• Like 2

Thinking of going to Japan next Easter to see the cherry blossom and generally sightsee. Will have two teenage kids with us so will need a mix of culture, being outdoors and stuff “that’s not for boring old people”.

Anyone done similar and have any tips?

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Booked Cape Town. Long time on the to do list

In June, so obvs winter down there. But I'm told still plenty to do and hotels/restaurants have cheaper deals

Incredible city, how long you there for?

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Booked Cape Town. Long time on the to do list

In June, so obvs winter down there. But I'm told still plenty to do and hotels/restaurants have cheaper deals

Brilliant, you will love it! You seem like a cool guy. Don't fall into the middle class European way of doing the garden route and eating at safe space Italian/French restaurants. There are loads of non-hijacking activities to see and do.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Thinking of going to Japan next Easter to see the cherry blossom and generally sightsee. Will have two teenage kids with us so will need a mix of culture, being outdoors and stuff “that’s not for boring old people”.

Anyone done similar and have any tips?

No but would like too. Can you please report back on how you plan it and what deals you find. The China and Japan F1 races are back to back next year at cherry blossom time, would be interested in putting together a two-weeker across the two countries if costs and logistics allow.

29 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

No but would like too. Can you please report back on how you plan it and what deals you find. The China and Japan F1 races are back to back next year at cherry blossom time, would be interested in putting together a two-weeker across the two countries if costs and logistics allow.

Will do, early days but looking at 2wks and a combo of Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nara (and no doubt so other things I’ve not worked out yet!). No idea what order, how long in each place, if we do them all etc. Then there’s the rather large unanswered question of cost!!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Will do, early days but looking at 2wks and a combo of Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nara (and no doubt so other things I’ve not worked out yet!). No idea what order, how long in each place, if we do them all etc. Then there’s the rather large unanswered question of cost!!

I’m just planning a 10 day trip to Japan in November. So far got 4 days in Tokyo, 3 in Kyoto, 1 in Hiroshima, potentially 1 near Mount Fuji and 1 in Osaka.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m just planning a 10 day trip to Japan in November. So far got 4 days in Tokyo, 3 in Kyoto, 1 in Hiroshima, potentially 1 near Mount Fuji and 1 in Osaka.

Awesome, so it’s ball park similar. Any tips/good sites you’ve found?

Just now, Paninistickers said:

5 days, whistlestop. I try to exhaust my annual leave to to the nth degree. It's one of the pleasures of my working day! 

Nice, I’ve been twice so spent about 10 days there in total, you will easily fill your time there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Brilliant, you will love it! You seem like a cool guy. Don't fall into the middle class European way of doing the garden route and eating at safe space Italian/French restaurants. There are loads of non-hijacking activities to see and do.

I'm open to suggestions tbh. Literally have zero agenda. 

Bearing in mind it's winter, I've loosely thought maybe hiking / whale watching / Robben Island for day trips and drinks/meals at night and maybe an Airbnb experience type thing for a bar hop / walking food tour at night 

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm open to suggestions tbh. Literally have zero agenda. 

Bearing in mind it's winter, I've loosely thought maybe hiking / whale watching / Robben Island for day trips and drinks/meals at night and maybe an Airbnb experience type thing for a bar hop / walking food tour at night 

Although it’s a safe place, you do have to have your wits about you so I wouldn’t recommend a walking tour at night in Cape Town. Uber is very easy and cheap over there and I’ve used them a lot to get between places.

• Thanks 1

Already been once but thinking of going to Lucca with a 2 month old baby later this year as it was small and low key. 

Anywhere similar to Lucca that I should consider? No big cities, I want a nice laid back type vibe where we can grab an apartment or airbnb and just have a nice chill time and stress free wandering 

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Already been once but thinking of going to Lucca with a 2 month old baby later this year as it was small and low key. 

Anywhere similar to Lucca that I should consider? No big cities, I want a nice laid back type vibe where we can grab an apartment or airbnb and just have a nice chill time and stress free wandering 

Ravenna is both a nice, laid back town and historically one of the most important Italian towns. The medieval art and architecture is obviously amazing, and it's also close to some quite low key seaside resorts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Would recommend Trento and Spoleto too. I think you can fly to Perugia which is close to Spoleto. It's not far from Rome either. Very chilled out place.