Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

For ones who loves travelling to Skegness. Apparently theres plans between on weekends of months of April to September. To run direct train services from London St Pancras to Skegness. The idea is try and boost interest from southern England.

New services will Apparently include stopping at Luton Airport Parkway, Bedford, Kettering, Leicester, Loughborough and East Midlands Parkway.

I love Skegness, my stag was in Skegness. I’m sure there was a direct train service then as I had mates come from London 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I love Skegness, my stag was in Skegness. I’m sure there was a direct train service then as I had mates come from London 

What do you love about Skeggy? lol

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Look at his posting history on this thread

Hahah yes meme-worthy I admit. I either want a mega adventure in absolute 5* luxury or a repercussion free and cheap dump. Nothing in the middle. And I do not want to spend too much money.

I am forever scared by my trip to Santorini. Spent a job lot of cash for utter boredom, basic 3* accommodation and half rate scenery. I then realised that this pretty much sums up most of Europe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahah yes meme-worthy I admit. I either want a mega adventure in absolute 5* luxury or a repercussion free and cheap dump. Nothing in the middle. And I do not want to spend too much money.

I am forever scared by my trip to Santorini. Spent a job lot of cash for utter boredom, basic 3* accommodation and half rate scenery. I then realised that this pretty much sums up most of Europe

I'm with you 

Skeggy always a laugh, gets a lot of bad press and honestly ive seen places so much worse. Problem with Skeggy unlike say Brighton and Blackpool where theres things to do all year round even when its cold. Skeggy is a ghost town off season. Its a April to September place.

Edited by Leicesterpool

I do feel last five years skeggy as improved. Premier Inn coming into town step the right direction. Already plans for a travelodge aswell which as caused uproar with the guest houses. Id say after the huge fire for about ten years the place was rough. But after alot of rebuilding its looking up.

Really enjoyed Paris. Was nice after London to be in a large capital city that still has lots of independent shops and traditional restaurants and cafes. And contrary to expectations I liked the people - friendlier and more cheerful than London.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Just back from Naples. Crazy place, dirty streets, mopeds everywhere but full of life and passion. Managed to go to the Amalfi Coast, Capri & Pompeii as well. Weather was fantastic!

IMG_9333.jpeg

IMG_9356.jpeg

IMG_9363.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg

IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

IMG_9454.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg

Off to Naples at the end of May. 
A bit of a tour……..Bari, Naples, Rome, Florence, Rome, Verona & Venice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’m going to Rome for 4 nights, is it worth a day trip to Florence? Only 90 mins on the train. 

I was told by an Italian, fairly recently,  that she prefers Florence to Rome.

Florence does look beautiful.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m going to Rome for 4 nights, is it worth a day trip to Florence? Only 90 mins on the train. 

Yes definitely. Spoleto is also a beautiful small city pretty close in the train 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Just back from Naples. Crazy place, dirty streets, mopeds everywhere but full of life and passion. Managed to go to the Amalfi Coast, Capri & Pompeii as well. Weather was fantastic!

IMG_9333.jpeg

IMG_9356.jpeg

IMG_9363.jpeg

IMG_9388.jpeg

IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9431.jpeg

IMG_9454.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg

Timely, just deciding what to do on our trip there. If you were only there for the day, would you choose Capri or Sorrento?

Edited by FoyleFox

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Timely, just deciding what to do on our trip there. If you were only there for the day, would you choose Capri or Sorrento?

For me I’d say Capri, but we had the whole day as opposed to a short visit to Sorrento. The scenery in both is stunning, 

18 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Nice one thanks guys will definitely do it then 

There's a lot of great renaissance art in Florence but I'd recommend San Marco as you can see the paintings in their original setting, and it's a little bit quieter. Beautiful place. 

With the guys doing multiple destination trips, yeah these places are worthy visiting but in my opinion you don’t do somewhere like Florence justice visiting it for ten hours. 

Particularly in Italy where your time is best spent slow and bars/restaurants have breaks in the day. Both Florence and Rome of course dominated by tourists (bovril’s recommendations here are useful with Italy in terms of hidden gems)