Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just now, Milo said:

Looking at going to either Mexico or Maldives for summer - any experiences? Need somewhere with a good kids club so we can actually have a bit of a holiday :D

You will struggle to find anywhere in Maldives with a kids club and as the islands are so small they will be bored without something to do all the time.

Just leave them at home lol it’s an incredible country. I was lucky enough to go about 7 years ago when it cost £1000 all inclusive which is absolute madness considering most islands will cost triple that now.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, can’t wait to give one a cuddle. Lovely creatures just want a hug.

Mate, I was working in the Caribbean for 4 months...came home to the wife with a love bite around my groin area...got bitten by stingray while on a 'feeding sharks and stingrays' tour...thankfully it was only the stingray that bit/sucked me, trying to get the food...

...luckily also had video evidence from one of the other group members :sweating:

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:
4 minutes ago, Milo said:

Looking at going to either Mexico or Maldives for summer - any experiences? Need somewhere with a good kids club so we can actually have a bit of a holiday :D

You will struggle to find anywhere in Maldives with a kids club and as the islands are so small they will be bored without something to do all the time.

Just leave them at home lol it’s an incredible country. I was lucky enough to go about 7 years ago when it cost £1000 all inclusive which is absolute madness considering most islands will cost triple that now.

That's what I thought - went to Mauritius on honeymoon a few years back and it was beautiful but I can imagine my two being a little bit bored - I assume Maldives is similar. Might go for Mexico, then

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Mate, I was working in the Caribbean for 4 months...came home to the wife with a love bite around my groin area...got bitten by stingray while on a 'feeding sharks and stingrays' tour...thankfully it was only the stingray that bit/sucked me, trying to get the food...

...luckily also had video evidence from one of the other group members :sweating:

You were gobbled by a stingray? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

That's what I thought - went to Mauritius on honeymoon a few years back and it was beautiful but I can imagine my two being a little bit bored - I assume Maldives is similar. Might go for Mexico, then

Loads more to do in Mauritius than Maldives as well so that’s probably wise. 

Haha, I’ve only ever seen small rays but would love to see the bigger ones. In Maldives you will be swimming in the sea and you have reef sharks swimming around you.

I was close to being savaged by a titan trigger fish, absolute evil ****ers them.

Edited by Costock_Fox

On 03/12/2017 at 02:30, lee7 said:

It's my sons last year of pre-school so next year before he officially starts school in the september I'd like to go travelling with him for 1 or 2 months. 

Does anyone have any good suggestions or have any experiences of travelling with children so young? 

Try @James

He went travelling with his wife and little one last year and wrote a blog about it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to Budapest next weekend with me girlfriend. Anyone been before? Things to do? 

Budapest is a great city - been there a few times. 

Pretty easy to figure out once you're there but my main recommendation is Rudas Baths. 

Image result for rudas baths

Wonderful place to spend a few hours relaxing and resting your aching feet / legs. 

Just make sure you check for which days are mixed sex - it's often male / male only. I think it's both at weekends. 

Also, check out the ruin pubs like Szimpla Kert.

Image result for szimpla kert

The ruin pubs are in bombed out buildings (mostly) and consist of many different rooms / bars, etc serving different drinks / food.

There's some great street food in Budapest and also a huge amount of reasonable restaurants / bars everywhere.

I'd also recommend the Terror House museum.

Image result for terror house budapest

Absolutely brilliant museum showing the history of Hungry during WW1 / WW2. Brilliant layout and very informative. Worth a few hours of your time during the day. 

Any questions feel free to ask. 

EDIT: Also make sure you try some nice hot Goulash on the old side of the city near the castle. It's a great walk around the castle / cathedral and there are some nice little eateries around there serving traditional Goulash.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to Budapest next weekend with me girlfriend. Anyone been before? Things to do? 

Been twice. Agree with the baths and the terror museum. If you want something a bit different there's a pinball museum. Has 120 pinball machines, classic video games, table football. Costs £7 and you can play the machines as long as you want.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Anyone got any recommendations for Greek islands, mainly looking for a relaxing holiday of doing fvck all but would like a decent bit of history to explore for a couple of days

They are all decent tbf but Rhodes  and Kalithia springs is a cracking place for that. You are ideally located for both the history and the pure relaxation. Honestly it’s Stunning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Anyone got any recommendations for Greek islands, mainly looking for a relaxing holiday of doing fvck all but would like a decent bit of history to explore for a couple of days

I go to Skopelos a lot. It's peaceful, lots of beautiful coastline, good food. Not loads of history save for a few monasteries. Beautiful place though and maybe my favourite of the islands.

Best Greek island for history I'd say is definitely Crete, although it gets nastily hot in the summer and there are quite a few ugly resorts to avoid. I'd say stay somewhere in the Cyclades, that way you can take boats around different islands like Delos and Naxos and see some interesting historical sites. 

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

They are all decent tbf but Rhodes  and Kalithia springs is a cracking place for that. You are ideally located for both the history and the pure relaxation. Honestly it’s Stunning.

Yeah Rhodes is a good suggestion. 

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

Yeah I have the same idea, though in the Sporades or somewhere in Northern Greece. 

Yeah I’ve not been in those regions sadly, I’ve looked longingly at them though. Unfortunately when I book holidays I have too consider other people wants too which don’t always match my own exactly. Rhodes and Kefalonia are not bad compromises though.