Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

In what way? I try to avoid fast food places when abroad, would rather try somewhere local.

Yes I tend to aswell but was on a stag so was a convinient breakfast. Go to the Bhudda bar in the main square, there are loads of half decent bars but couldn’t tell you the names as was sloshed, are you going with Mrs or mates? 

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’m off to Budapest on sat with my wife if anyone has any good suggestions ? 

Nice, it was between Krakow and there when we were looking.

Off there with the other half mate. Got Auschwitz and Salt Mines booked already and other than that will just explore the city and have a few drinks.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Nice, it was between Krakow and there when we were looking.

Off there with the other half mate. Got Auschwitz and Salt Mines booked already and other than that will just explore the city and have a few drinks.

You will enjoy it - great for couples and stags. Will ask around my mates for the Italian we went to. 3 courses and 3/4 beers for about £15 and I’d say pizza express standard. 

• Like 1

Where should me and my mates go this summer? We like to do a tour spending 2 or 3 days in each city/town. Done France, Spain, Croatia and some of Germany in recent years  Planning 2 weeks during the start of the world cup so we can catch some in the bars while we're away rather than being stuck at work.

15 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Where should me and my mates go this summer? We like to do a tour spending 2 or 3 days in each city/town. Done France, Spain, Croatia and some of Germany in recent years  Planning 2 weeks during the start of the world cup so we can catch some in the bars while we're away rather than being stuck at work.

Slovenia's nice if you like mountains. Rest of the Balkans good if you like more mountains, hot weather, cheap beer and soviet-era trains.

Sicily if you're into history, amazing food and beautiful coastline. Bit pricey though. 

• Like 1

Currently in Malta and heading over to Gozo for a week on Friday. Only ever been over for the day before, so I'm really looking forward to exploring for a week, I'll have a car too so I should be able to see most of it. Anyone that's been before have any 'must see' suggestions? 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The restaurants around the V&A and camps bay are some of the best restaurants you will ever eat it.

That’s what I like to hear. Did you go to a game reserve when you went? Was going to build in a few days in Kruger but I’ve already spent a fortune and that will add a right wedge on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s what I like to hear. Did you go to a game reserve when you went? Was going to build in a few days in Kruger but I’ve already spent a fortune and that will add a right wedge on.

We were only there for a week as we were at a wedding so didn’t really have time to do much outside of Cape Town unfortunately. 

@Merging Cultures gave me pointers and recommended a lot of places to me. 

• Like 1

We were only there for a week as we were at a wedding so didn’t really have time to do much outside of Cape Town unfortunately. 

[mention=12691]Merging Cultures[/mention] gave me pointers and recommended a lot of places to me. 
We've been planning for a few months now! I feel like I should be invited to join him :)
  • Like 1

It's my sons last year of pre-school so next year before he officially starts school in the september I'd like to go travelling with him for 1 or 2 months. 

Does anyone have any good suggestions or have any experiences of travelling with children so young? 

It's my sons last year of pre-school so next year before he officially starts school in the september I'd like to go travelling with him for 1 or 2 months. 
Does anyone have any good suggestions or have any experiences of travelling with children so young? 
You can go anywhere. Ours have been all over the place.

• 3 weeks later...