Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Me & the Mrs thinking of going on our first holiday abroad since our lad was born. 

We like to go Cyprus as we know the area very well, love the hotel and the weather is fantastic. 

We were looking around August/September so it would be very hot. Our lad will be around 22 months old by then. Has anyone got any experience taking a young baby like that abroad? 

I don’t know whether for his first holiday it would be better to go to a Balearic island as it won’t be as hot & the flight time is shorter. 

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 23:47, BrokenRecord said:

Anyone recommend Valencia? Planning on doing 5 nights there in the Summer with my partner, so I was just wondering if anyone's been/is it a good destination.

Thanks!

really nice place,would also recommend getting a train to one of the Spanish resorts, sagunto  is really nice, also and I really do recommend this in march  15th-19th   there is a fiesta called fallas truly amazing I promise you wont ever forget it. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Me & the Mrs thinking of going on our first holiday abroad since our lad was born. 

We like to go Cyprus as we know the area very well, love the hotel and the weather is fantastic. 

We were looking around August/September so it would be very hot. Our lad will be around 22 months old by then. Has anyone got any experience taking a young baby like that abroad? 

I don’t know whether for his first holiday it would be better to go to a Balearic island as it won’t be as hot & the flight time is shorter. 

We took Ella Tenerife when she was 6 months old. Aslong as you put factor 50 on throughout the day he will be fine. Keep him in the shade as much as possible. Take him in the pool for short bursts. Nothing really special its all common sense you just have to be sensible. At 22 months old im sure he will be fine. The shorter flight will be a good idea. Take him somewhere before he turns 2 and you have to pay for his own seat.

A parasol for the pushchair is a must also

• Like 1

The guy sold it to me with the “we took a 6 year old up, it’s fine” line lol.
I've never climbed Table Mountain, it should be ok, but there are quite a few criminals who target climbers. So do take precautions. Also, the weather changes quite quickly, so take plenty of water, and wear layers.

Enjoy. Looking forward to photos!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've never climbed Table Mountain, it should be ok, but there are quite a few criminals who target climbers. So do take precautions. Also, the weather changes quite quickly, so take plenty of water, and wear layers.

Enjoy. Looking forward to photos!

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah someone on Tripadvisor got robbed the other day.

il show pictures if I retain my camera and phone lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone? 

Dude,  you really think asking an internet forum full of stereotypical internet virgin singletons will yield results that will sweep your bird off her feet?   WE HAVE A RACHEL RILEY THREAD FOR GOD SAKE!

On 1/8/2018 at 11:29, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Took my lad abroad when he was 4 months old & we arrived in the middle of a heat wave. Took him a few seconds to adjust to the heat but after that he was fine all week. 

He's now nearly 4 and we fly abroad frequently & he loves the hot weather. 

At the age your son is now flight durations are your main issue. Just take plenty of things to keep him occupied throughout the flight! I assume he'll be sitting on your knee as he is still under 2 so anything to keep him distracted from wanting to get off of your knee and run around will come in handy! 

Or try to book your flights so that it falls within his nap/sleeping pattern if the duration of the flights a real concern. 

Edited by lee7
  • Like 1

How can a 5 year old on an all inclusive be the same price as an adult, ffs??

I'm going to feed him mountainous breakfasts, 3 course lunch and dinners, pizza elevenses and stuff him full of ice cream from dusk til dawn, just to get my moneys worth...

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2018 at 05:37, ozleicester said:

Phew, finally booked.

16 nights USA..........  New York, (Scranton), Niagara, Washington, Atlantic City :)

Image result for it's gonna be mental

It’s such a relief to have it all booked…. I managed to feel a little stressed as I was overwhelmed with flight and villa options…. A lot to be said for a quick flick around teletext paying and then simply  fly, flop and drop….

Took me bloody hours scouring the net, checking things out and reviewing options…. A stressful ball ache ? 

have be a great time  ?? 

On 08/01/2018 at 19:55, Wolfox said:

Looking at Ko Tao or Phen Nang - Kho Samui is too big

needs to be the right area of Thailand in August as I want to avoid the monsoon (has to be Sourhtern gulf coast - East

any thoughts?

All booked for me too!  4 nights in Bangkok…. Seeing friends and sights 

11 nights in a luxury villa on Ko Tao with my family and my Swiss cousin + son

Diving, Thai curry, massages and Singha!

it will actually work out cheaper than my holiday to Greece last year

1 hour ago, sk3since03 said:

Back to Amsterdam again in Feb! Went in Decemeber when it was snowing! 

Lovely city highly recommend 

4 nights booked at The Hoxton in July.  Canal view overlooking Herengracht.

Special anniversary for me & the missus.

It's costing a small fortune.

• Like 1

Im not going away this summer, I’m hoping to move house so I don’t want to book yet until I know what’s going on with that. So I’m looking for a week away in October, I’ve always looked at the Canary Islands that time of year because the weather is always good. Is there a decent alternative?

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Im not going away this summer, I’m hoping to move house so I don’t want to book yet until I know what’s going on with that. So I’m looking for a week away in October, I’ve always looked at the Canary Islands that time of year because the weather is always good. Is there a decent alternative?

Depends what you're looking for but Madeira is good for a nice relaxing break at that time of year.

Just now, Buce said:

Depends what you're looking for but Madeira is good for a nice relaxing break at that time of year.

It would be a family break with the in laws most likely, so to cater for all ages. I’m really the only one who likes to go out and explore beyond the all inclusive and beach holidays.