Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

I love Shinji, but he needs to cut out collapsing at every close challenge. I think he's earning a rep, and when he actually gets fouled he's not winning obvious freekicks.

The less said about his penalty shout the better.

He's been fine in the last 2 or 3 games.

It's just been a case of adjusting to the pace of the league.

Shinji's becoming king of the ugly goals. It's not surprising. He's got about as much finesse and close control as a concrete bollard but he's brave, determined and he's the one bloke apart from Vardy who seems prepared to get deep into the box when he's got the licence and the energy.

I don't care how goals go in - I just wish there were three or four players willing and able to get in the box to gobble up scraps, but there isn't.

In fact, if the opposition penalty box had a bus stop, it'd be Sunday Service only cos it's just like there have been council cuts to our attacking force since Christmas.

Guest bss9401

Whatever the question his stock answer should be:- "yeah it's great being in the starting 11, up front and scoring goals for the team top of the EPL!" Then flash that grin!

Guest CityFan 06

I love him here. What's impressive is that he's starting to score goals but also continuing to do his defensive work for the team. He works hard and just suits us so well. Attacking positioning is good too. 

Okazaki, the Japan international bought from Mainz for £7million last summer, has been left out of Leicester's side at times this season but recently shown signs of settling. 

OKAZAKI'S GAMES AND GOALS

2005–2010 Shimizu S-Pulse 121 (42)

2011–2013 VfB Stuttgart 63 (10)

2013–2015 1. FSV Mainz 05 65 (27)

2015– Leicester City 20 (4)

He found the net in the 3-2 win at Everton, the 2-2 FA Cup draw at Tottenham and, earlier, the 3-0 victory at Newcastle. 

In a period when Jamie Vardy has not scored in six games, Okazaki's goals have helped maintain Leicester's high-flying status.

Against Villa he followed up Vardy's audacious chip to convert, although for a brief few seconds he was unsure HawkEye would come to his aid as Mark Bunn saved his shot behind the line.

3046D7C200000578-3404041-image-a-36_1453

+8

Okazaki enjoys eating fish and chips once a fortnight, although he fancied some after scoring at Villa

303B8A2500000578-0-Shinji_Okazaki_falls_

+8

Okazaki falls on top of Villa defender Jores Okore while competing for a header in the first half of the clash

303B8BB600000578-0-Leicester_City_manage

+8

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri will have a word with Riyad Mahrez after he missed a crucial penalty

MATCH FACTS 

Aston Villa (4-1-2-1-2): Bunn 7.5; Bacuna 6, Okore 6, Lescott 5.5, Cissokho 5.5; Gana 7; Veretout 6, Westwood 6.5; Gil 6 (Gestede 67’ 7); Kozak 6, Ayew 6.5 (Sinclair 90’)

Booked: Bunn, Cissokho, Bacuna

Subs not used: Guzan, Richards, Clark, Richardson, Lyden

Remi Garde: 6

Leicester (4-4-1-1): Schmeichel 7; Simpson 6, Morgan 7, Huth 6, Fuchs 6.5; Mahrez 5 (Ulloa 69’), Drinkwater 7.5, Kante 6.5, Albrighton 6.5 (Gray 85’); Okazaki 8 (De Laet 59’); Vardy 7

Subs not used: Schwarzer, King, Wasilewski, Inler

Booked: Huth, Vardy

Claudio Ranieri: 7

Ref: Roger East

Man of the Match: Okazaki

Super stat: Leicester's run of six hours and 11 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal was ended by Gestede’s goal.

'I saw it was in but I was a bit worried about it,' said Okazaki. 'The technology confirmed it. I was happy.' 

Okazaki has scored five goals this season in total, but none at the King Power Stadium. 

'All my goals have been away and I hope to score at home soon,' he added. 'Vardy is still our main striker and it is a big thing he scores goals for us.

'But if he is not scoring then I hope to help the team and Vardy as well.  He created some chances against Villa and so I am not worried about him at all.' 

Ranieri said likewise about Riyad Mahrez, whose second penalty miss in succession has meant four extra points squandered. Substitute Rudy Gestede scored a late equaliser.

But the Leicester manager will speak to his Algerian playmaker about future spot-kick duties, with Vardy having converted all four of his 12-yard attempts this season.

'If I remember well, this is the second or third mistake from Riyad; I want to speak with him,' said Ranieri. 

'If he is calm, if he wants to continue to shoot the goal, he can continue. He was very sad. I will speak with Riyad and Jamie because they are two of my penalty scorers.'

Mahrez is suffering a little dip in form after setting incredible heights with his early season exploits and Ranieri wants a response, but also protection from officials.

303BCC1900000578-0-Foxes_attacker_Riyad_

+8

Foxes attacker Mahrez had his penalty saved by Villa goalkeeper Bunn - hitting it straight down the middle

303BCC0400000578-0-Mark_Bunn_formerly_of

+8

Bunn, formerly of Norwich, saved Mahrez's spot-kick with his legs during Saturday's clash at Villa Park

'He was fantastic at the beginning and now a lot of people are around him, tryin g to take the ball or trying to take the legs, that's difficult.

'It's important the referees are very close to him and say if the opponent go to take a normal tackl e or go to take the legs.

'It's important he understands this new thing on the pitch, that everyone wants to stop him with the right way or the wrong way and he has to be very clever.'  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3404041/Leicester-attacker-Shinji-Okazaki-reveals-secret-fine-form-fish-chips.html#ixzz3xcrJeiJv 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Okazaki, the Japan international bought from Mainz for £7million last summer, has been left out of Leicester's side at times this season but recently shown signs of settling. 

OKAZAKI'S GAMES AND GOALS

2005–2010 Shimizu S-Pulse 121 (42)

2011–2013 VfB Stuttgart 63 (10)

2013–2015 1. FSV Mainz 05 65 (27)

2015– Leicester City 20 (4)

He found the net in the 3-2 win at Everton, the 2-2 FA Cup draw at Tottenham and, earlier, the 3-0 victory at Newcastle. 

In a period when Jamie Vardy has not scored in six games, Okazaki's goals have helped maintain Leicester's high-flying status.

Against Villa he followed up Vardy's audacious chip to convert, although for a brief few seconds he was unsure HawkEye would come to his aid as Mark Bunn saved his shot behind the line.

3046D7C200000578-3404041-image-a-36_1453

+8

Okazaki enjoys eating fish and chips once a fortnight, although he fancied some after scoring at Villa

303B8A2500000578-0-Shinji_Okazaki_falls_

+8

Okazaki falls on top of Villa defender Jores Okore while competing for a header in the first half of the clash

303B8BB600000578-0-Leicester_City_manage

+8

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri will have a word with Riyad Mahrez after he missed a crucial penalty

MATCH FACTS 

Aston Villa (4-1-2-1-2): Bunn 7.5; Bacuna 6, Okore 6, Lescott 5.5, Cissokho 5.5; Gana 7; Veretout 6, Westwood 6.5; Gil 6 (Gestede 67’ 7); Kozak 6, Ayew 6.5 (Sinclair 90’)

Booked: Bunn, Cissokho, Bacuna

Subs not used: Guzan, Richards, Clark, Richardson, Lyden

Remi Garde: 6

Leicester (4-4-1-1): Schmeichel 7; Simpson 6, Morgan 7, Huth 6, Fuchs 6.5; Mahrez 5 (Ulloa 69’), Drinkwater 7.5, Kante 6.5, Albrighton 6.5 (Gray 85’); Okazaki 8 (De Laet 59’); Vardy 7

Subs not used: Schwarzer, King, Wasilewski, Inler

Booked: Huth, Vardy

Claudio Ranieri: 7

Ref: Roger East

Man of the Match: Okazaki

Super stat: Leicester's run of six hours and 11 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal was ended by Gestede’s goal.

'I saw it was in but I was a bit worried about it,' said Okazaki. 'The technology confirmed it. I was happy.' 

Okazaki has scored five goals this season in total, but none at the King Power Stadium. 

'All my goals have been away and I hope to score at home soon,' he added. 'Vardy is still our main striker and it is a big thing he scores goals for us.

'But if he is not scoring then I hope to help the team and Vardy as well.  He created some chances against Villa and so I am not worried about him at all.' 

Ranieri said likewise about Riyad Mahrez, whose second penalty miss in succession has meant four extra points squandered. Substitute Rudy Gestede scored a late equaliser.

But the Leicester manager will speak to his Algerian playmaker about future spot-kick duties, with Vardy having converted all four of his 12-yard attempts this season.

'If I remember well, this is the second or third mistake from Riyad; I want to speak with him,' said Ranieri. 

'If he is calm, if he wants to continue to shoot the goal, he can continue. He was very sad. I will speak with Riyad and Jamie because they are two of my penalty scorers.'

Mahrez is suffering a little dip in form after setting incredible heights with his early season exploits and Ranieri wants a response, but also protection from officials.

303BCC1900000578-0-Foxes_attacker_Riyad_

+8

Foxes attacker Mahrez had his penalty saved by Villa goalkeeper Bunn - hitting it straight down the middle

303BCC0400000578-0-Mark_Bunn_formerly_of

+8

Bunn, formerly of Norwich, saved Mahrez's spot-kick with his legs during Saturday's clash at Villa Park

'He was fantastic at the beginning and now a lot of people are around him, tryin g to take the ball or trying to take the legs, that's difficult.

'It's important the referees are very close to him and say if the opponent go to take a normal tackl e or go to take the legs.

'It's important he understands this new thing on the pitch, that everyone wants to stop him with the right way or the wrong way and he has to be very clever.'  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3404041/Leicester-attacker-Shinji-Okazaki-reveals-secret-fine-form-fish-chips.html#ixzz3xcrJeiJv 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just look at that second picture ! ...... How the fook did he get up there ! .... The guys a bleedin ninja !! Banzai !

Apparently his stats in the air are surprisingly good, 52% of something.

Sadly, I can't provide a reference for that quality information, which has probably changed anyway!  :thumbup:

Now then Puss I've asked you this before why are you prowling round the forum into the wee small hours .... I'm in a different time zone on my jollies ... What's your excuse .... Insomnia ? ... shift work ? ... Cmon spill the beans.

Now then Puss I've asked you this before why are you prowling round the forum into the wee small hours .... I'm in a different time zone on my jollies ... What's your excuse .... Insomnia ? ... shift work ? ... Cmon spill the beans.

All of the above actually!  :D My work tends to be late on, tho it's partly through choice.

Also, I'm so excited by this season. I was completely wired after the Spurs game, I physically shook for half an hour after! Not a good recipe for sleep.

GF is going to kill me if I don't get back to more normal hours, I'm already on a yellow.  :o

Archived