Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

I haven't been his biggest fan at all but since the Spurs game I think he's been adding so much more to his game.

This

Still doesn't convince me in front of goal, but that lad is putting shifts in, if only he could add more goals to his game, and we have two good strikers.

This

Still doesn't convince me in front of goal, but that lad is putting shifts in, if only he could add more goals to his game, and we have two good strikers.

I'm with you on this but sometimes have to remind myself he hasn't been in this country a season yet, it will come I'm sure, for me (remember where you heard this) I've been saying to non-lcfc fans at work for 12 months that kramaric is the answer and will be in the top European strikers in the next two years (red dog scum usually laugh at that point

He had a great game again. I thought he was supposed to be benched because of the injury but he was running at them as per usual, Okazaki style :D

Honestly I don't mind if he scores or not, as long as he puts up performances like this, with this tenacity and creates chances for Vards or others. I'm pretty sure he'll bag a few more this season though. A pity his header went straight into Mignolet's hands, but so glad the partnership with Vards is getting better and better.

He really is great. I don't think he will ever score many goals but he brings so much in other areas that you have to start him.

Only criticism is he falls over a lot and mostly on purpose, looking for fouls, which can get annoying but generally his hold up play and movement is excellent.

Shinji seems to be growing in confidence and understanding of what he can contribute. And he always looks such a happy footballer - just excited to be out there and a part of things.

He seems to be linking up closer to Vardy and getting into and around the box more and so making things happen. Okay he missed the header but he was in there to try to take the chance and he was in there again to hit the deflected shot which gave Vardy his second.

Again, deflection or not, it doesn't matter. What matters is being there and having the confidence to threaten the goal.

He really is great. I don't think he will ever score many goals but he brings so much in other areas that you have to start him.

Only criticism is he falls over a lot and mostly on purpose, looking for fouls, which can get annoying but generally his hold up play and movement is excellent.

I think in theory, he was brought in not to be Vardy's foil, but his replacement. So if that's true, kudos for Shinji for adapting to bring a lot to the table.

Archived