Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Shinji seems to be growing in confidence and understanding of what he can contribute. And he always looks such a happy footballer - just excited to be out there and a part of things.

I can't help but think when you wrote this you were envisaging a daft dog rather than a quality international footballer thats proving you more wrong each week.

I've been a fan of his since the start and last night I think it was his best game for us so far, he's growing and obviously settling more.

But one thing about Shinji is that he never really seems to have full control of the football. 

Really hoping he gets a home goal soon

He really is great. I don't think he will ever score many goals but he brings so much in other areas that you have to start him.

Only criticism is he falls over a lot and mostly on purpose, looking for fouls, which can get annoying but generally his hold up play and movement is excellent.

Spot on,if he had stayed on his feet a bit longer he would have got that penalty,he started to go down just before the actual contact.

He is getting better and better,great asset,quick and busy suits our style perfectly.

last 5 games he has got better and better - really impressed with him. his speed and work ethic are great, he's embraced the culture we have at the moment.  I know a lad who at half time (a true leicester fan that only started going last two seasons) slated Shinji and said he's not a patch on Nugent!   :rolleyes:

Once again huge shout out to the guy behind me at Anfield who spent the whole time Shinji was on the pitch sarcastically cheering him, calling him "that Jappy fella" and "Akazogi" and when I called him out on it told me that "he's shit".

He's added dynamism to his game now, looking to get in the box more often and looks like a hell of a player. A (Man) City fan in earshot of me on the train back is raving about him.

Probably my favourite City player in a team of absolute legends.

Keep it up Shinji.

Guest CityFan 06

Walsh doesn't get it wrong.

His class was obvious from his first game against sunderland, just needs time to continue to adapt to the prem and the way we play.

This. The first game of the season showed what he's capable of. His movement and work rate is fantastic in each game. And like you said with more adaption to Premier League football hopefully the more he will develop.

Love the fact he attacks crosses.  Every time we have the ball out wide in recent games you can guarantee he'll be making a run in the box.  A couple of good connections and he scores today.  Difficult to praise any of them enough.

Felt for him today. Ran and worked so hard for the cause, got deep in the box to so nearly in first to touch in a couple of difficult half-chances, and helped make space and passing options for his colleagues in all sorts of areas.

Banzaii !!!    :scarf:

Guest BlueBrett

Showed what he's all about again today. Absolutely crucial to the way we play and the most infectious smile in football to boot  :D

Who else saw it when he looked like he would do a diving header when the ball was less than a foot off the ground and Otamendi was ready to leather it?

This guy would literally die for the team, he's my hero.

Archived