Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

I reckon we know what we get from Ulloa ( still a good alternative), but its only now coming to the fore, for some

what he does actually have in his locker.If Vardy doesnt make the spurs match, then Shinji should lead the line.

I had seen alot of him at Mainz, but I was a bit suprised we went for him,but hey-ho he never let Mainz down.

He played up front, or attacking midfield.He started well for us, but never really kicked on, the FA-cup game shown fans what hes about, and does have the skills, more importantly it would have gave him more self belief within himself.Now with Claudio confirming city are not committing to chase in the Jan-transfer market, both he and Ulloa have now time to improve and prove on their talents.

If Vardy, and Mahrez can keep up on any semblance of shown form, we have depth in the squad, then to complete at least this season on an high, summer will be another chapter depending our furnished finish.

We the fans should not worry about, outsiders comments on difficulties what other teams had,

this is our chance, our season, that fate has handed us, the team has given us a spetacular run in 20 games the story is not yet finished, but I am sure we will achieve our highest PL position, I am not looking for promises, or praying to the gods, this season has given a mystery tour to die for, no matter where it ends, its wiped out the last 10yrs, because the scenery, the journey has been spetacular, and we dont want to get off.

Claudio Ranieri, both driver and conductor, with wise owners behind him.

Shinji is a good player. I'm pretty sure Claudio didn't plan on playing him because he would be starting the league game, but Ulloa isn't good enough to play on his own and he looks like his heart just isn't in it this season. I don't know the reason, but we need to think about replacing Leo in the summer if he continues to play like he has been. Shinji on the other hand is a lot more suited to our style. He has scored as many international goals as Lineker, so he knows how to finish. We have the best striker in the league and it took Vardy a season to be where he is now, so comparing Shinji to him is unfair on any level. Give him time and he will get better. There has been several occasions when Okazaki has been wide open in the area and no one has passed to him. That's mostly to do with the competition Vardy and Mahrez have/had going, but Vardy seems less selfish now his run is over. It could still be an issue with Mahrez though. I would like to see Shinji be given the starting role for half a dozen games and see how he gets on. I don't like to see Ulloa and Shinji swapped around so often it's unsettling and it gives neither of them any confidence or anything to build on. Shinji has the ability, so I want to see him given more support and with a bit more self belief he could be the second no9 we are looking for.

Thought he did well against Everton and was great for us against Spurs. Changed the game. Looked much more dangerous in this more advanced role.

Does seem to require two bites of the cherry to stick it in but if he gets himself in those positions more often he could be very good for us.

Because of how he's been played mostly.

From an interview with him a few weeks ago I got the feeling it was also down to him perhaps being a little cautious. It came across that he was taking team orders to the extreme or just taking time to adapt to doing both sides of the game, when he's used to being the 9 mostly.

He said he wanted to be more attacking and get into more attacking areas and would make that effort. Since then I think I've seen him certainly do that... and it's resulted in two goals and a penalty win.

Well spotted, I read that too.

If he'd have stuck it in after that neat little control and turn in the 6 yard box I think I'd have spunked a load off tbh. 

MUCH better in the last 2 games. Not seen him on his arse at all in nearly 180 minutes.

Great energy, great effort and constant hassle for the opposing defenders. Long may it continue. 

:)

Archived