Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

What's everyones thoughts on barceloneta? I have heard great things and have been meaning to go for a while. I'm going on thursday, pretty excited to get some tapas and hopefully tapas later if you catch my drift fellas.

Only ever heard disappointing things tbh

Yeah can't have foxestalk and my real life intertwining @@ScouseFox @@Wookie @@Wookie'sdad

Haha my grandparents go every Sunday.

I may invite myself along and see if I can work out which staff member looks most like a foxes talk user.

@@Wookie is Martin still running it with his wife or has he taken a back seat now days

Do they still have the village as well?

I may invite myself along and see if I can work out which staff member looks most like a foxes talk user.

@@Wookie is Martin still running it with his wife or has he taken a back seat now days

I know that this changed to a deli. Went once when it was the restaurant was pretty good but maybe the village is too small for two decent restaurants. 

Edited by Unabomber

I know that this changed to a deli. Went once when it was the restaurant was pretty good but maybe the village is too small for two decent restaurants.

Yeah heard that but didn't know if the family still owed it or they had let it go.

His daughter was running it if I remember correctly.

Mate of mine used to work there when it was a restaurant.

Had Cossington mill as well for a while. But the fact it flooded every year put paid to that.

Which was a shame as food there was good as well.

Yeah they've taken a step back now, the head chef is the son whilst the other sons and daughters run the office.

Anyone tried Konak at the top of London Road. Turkish restaurant which always looks banged out when I've been past.

Also see that Sapori in Anstey picked up an award for best Italian restaurant in the country. Not been but the menu looks decent.

Edited by Mike Oxlong

• 2 weeks later...

The Blood Bowl club I go to are arranging a social night out. It will be at a hamburger place in St martins Square (Hungry Burger?)

One of the players other half works there. Just hoping they do not choose 12th Dec.

I' ve heard good things about it but  I believe it is also expensive. Burgers would not usually be my first choice of a meal.

The Crafty Burger The prices may not be as bad as I first thought. Ok for a special night out.

Edited by Rincewind

The Blood Bowl club I go to are arranging a social night out. It will be at a hamburger place in St martins Square (Hungry Burger?)

One of the players other half works there. Just hoping they do not choose 12th Dec.

I' ve heard good things about it but I believe it is also expensive. Burgers would not usually be my first choice of a meal.

The Crafty Burger The prices may not be as bad as I first thought. Ok for a special night out.

Go for a free curry at a local Sikh temple and save some money
  • Like 1