Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

Anyone been to Grillstock, St Martins?

How was it?

www.grillstock.co.uk

It's not bad.

I've got a smoker at home so I cook quite a bit of similar stuff and don't personally rate their ribs and pulled pork that highly, both were barely warm and the pulled pork was dry which is criminal, but the brisket and chicken are decent. I thought it was quite pricey for what you get too. Worth a visit but I've definitely been to better smokehouses.

• Like 2

Crafty's is literally round the corner and its loads better

yeah but you have to book way way in advance now if you want a friday or saturday spot, unless you turn up on the off chance and they can squeeze you in. It's also almost entirely different to grillstock...

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Anyone been to Grillstock, St Martins?

How was it?

www.grillstock.co.uk

Went this evening, probably the worse experience I've had of eating out,

Don't bother, the food was served luke warm, had to be sent back twice, ribs sent back as under cooked, fries stone cold.

Shame, as the place is decked out nicely, looked good value but a real let-down.

Edited by KievFox

Not so much a resturant, but I'd you're in town you should pop over to gelato village in St Martins. It's the tits, it's a bit like ice cream but a lot smoother and in different flavours, authentic Italian desserts, open late so you can go out for dinner then go there after.

If it's good enough for ranieri and the two Italian coaches Paulo and Andrea it's good enough for us!

Me and the Mrs love it!

• Like 1

Right, got on for you if you are South of the county, or fancy a drive out.

Sywell Airport, between M Harborough and Northampton is amazing. It's a proper 1930's airport building turned into a bar and restaurant. Proper Art Deco building and fittings and it's like going back in time.

Food is great too, in a simple way. They have a pie if the day, and without doubt the best pie I have ever had (okay, second to hare).

There is a good menu, but the building is great, it's an actual airport so you can watch the small planes fly off too.

Not very well publicised as the owner has other interests that probably are more profitable, but it's a great building and food is decent.

Round the corner is a great farm shop too, with equally good food and is a huge place and well worth taking in.

Great for a Saturday or Sunday. Only found it eight weeks ago and been four times already

Right, got on for you if you are South of the county, or fancy a drive out.

Sywell Airport, between M Harborough and Northampton is amazing. It's a proper 1930's airport building turned into a bar and restaurant. Proper Art Deco building and fittings and it's like going back in time.

Food is great too, in a simple way. They have a pie if the day, and without doubt the best pie I have ever had (okay, second to hare).

There is a good menu, but the building is great, it's an actual airport so you can watch the small planes fly off too.

Not very well publicised as the owner has other interests that probably are more profitable, but it's a great building and food is decent.

Round the corner is a great farm shop too, with equally good food and is a huge place and well worth taking in.

Great for a Saturday or Sunday. Only found it eight weeks ago and been four times already

Gotta try this out! Sounds great, how busy is it at the weekend? Can you walk in or is it bookings only

Quality lad. Tap was running slow in me cave so the bar staff gave us 11 free pints. 11 free pints. Legit. What a place

What are the prices like? Asking as an apprentice on minimum wage. Always seemed like a decent place.

What are the prices like? Asking as an apprentice on minimum wage. Always seemed like a decent place.

If I was an apprentice on minimum wage I would avoid taps, I strolled to the bar with a 5er in my hand and asked for a bottle of la choufe and it was £6 lol to be fair though a bottle of that stuff is rocket fuel so swings and roundabouts.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to spend a few nights in London before I go to the euros in a few weeks.

Planning on going out for a really good meal with my brother, does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm thinking of the hawksmoor but I love Mexican and Japanese.

Going to spend a few nights in London before I go to the euros in a few weeks.

Planning on going out for a really good meal with my brother, does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm thinking of the hawksmoor but I love Mexican and Japanese.

It's abit commercial but for Mexican chimmachangers is great,the only times my Mrs has loved the food is when we've been there

• 2 weeks later...