Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

Off to istanbul restaurant tonight on narb road, as I said In my earlier post can't reccomend this enough!

I'm in to Turkish food at the minute. There's a nice Turkish place near the Aberdalale that I've been going to.

Spicy chicken shish and lamb kofte, with Turkish bread and dips.

• 2 months later...

I'm in to Turkish food at the minute. There's a nice Turkish place near the Aberdalale that I've been going to.

Spicy chicken shish and lamb kofte, with Turkish bread and dips.

That's also Istanbul mate. Prefer that one to the Narb Road one simply for the friendlier staff.

I can echo this. A few friends of mine have been there and have recommended it if that's your kinda thing. I could be wrong, but I think they do a decent steak there too.

EDIT: Here's the link to the menu http://barnacles-restaurant.co.uk/food/

Been there a few times for lunch. It's very quiet and discreet and the sort of place people take their bit on the side. I say this because when I was in there, there was a former high profile footballer with someone who wasn't his wife. Not LCFC I might add.

It sells fish, but it just sort of sells fish. The dish doesn't really come together. You get a few spuds and some green beans wrapped in bacon. Whatever you order it seemed to have came that way. Not a destination in my books.

A weird one this, 19gale near the curve. Authentic Chinese, but too authentic. It has UK tastes on the menu too, but not a great selection and has odd things like pigs intestines.

It's a great location, nice layout, but quiet as it hasn't took off too much.

It's worth a visit for one thing alone. The urinals are weird, a massive hole to aim at, but the urinal is filled with proper ice. You can have a few beers, the try to clear all the ice when you have a pee. I managed to do it the once, failed the second time, so on the third time I crossed swords and managed to clear urinal number two. I was the only one who was successful apart from my counterpart in the sword crossing one.

The unbelievable thing is that when you have exited the loo, the waitress goes in straight away and fills the urinal up with new ice.

Worth a night out for it being different

Went to Timos last night and i have to say it was sensational. Thank you to whoever mentioned it on here

Was there yesterday lunch and I agree. Amazing food, several dishes that are brilliant. Gamberoni Roberto and the monkfish. Amazing

Dont bother with the new Marco Pierre White one - absolutely crap

Agree, this is disappointing. They have categorised this as a cheaper version of MPW. But nobody knows this and although they say this once you have been, there is no way of this being distinguished as such until you have eaten the food.

Nice surroundings, but limited menu and at the lower quality end. Very disappointing and a world apart to Timo or San Carlos.

Once people have been they will realise and not go back. Shame as would be happy to pay more for something far more adventurous and decent

Was there yesterday lunch and I agree. Amazing food, several dishes that are brilliant. Gamberoni Roberto and the monkfish. Amazing

I was in yesterday lunch as well. Not been in the evening for a while, so booked a table for tonight while chatting to Roberto. Should be a good night.

Popped into a Harvester today. Near Hinkley on the way back from my lads football tournament.

These places are truly shocking, but surprisingly full. Got in at 2.15 and was given some sort of hand held terminal that goes off when your table is ready. Not really sure why any customer would want to be informed by a hand held terminal that your table is ready, but there you go.

Never seen so many fat people in all my life. The women were the worst, but then you look at the menu and you can understand why.

They give away free salad, but can't see the clientele being bothered with that, none of them look like they know what a salad looks like.

I think they flock in for the free refills of Pepsi. Looked to me that one family were there for the weekend drinking as much of the stuff as they could physically fit in.

The food was dreadful. Struggled to choose anything to be fair, but what arrived was absolutely utterly disgusting.

I say this with sincerity, I would need to be paid at least £500 to go into one of these places ever again. And if I did, I would try and stick to the salad.

On exit, the Pepsi family must have been on their third pint (each) and looked like they had a thoroughly great time trying to down the oversized desserts.

I honestly don't know who goes in these places, but for sure nobody could ever enjoy it, unless they appreciate eating as much cack as they possibly could for the cheapest price possible.

This can't be a one off, this is just what they have wanted to create and it must be successful as it was full. But nobody on the planet could ever go in and really say they actually enjoy it

Edited by Rob1742

Popped into a Harvester today. Near Hinkley on the way back from my lads football tournament.

These places are truly shocking, but surprisingly full. Got in at 2.15 and was given some sort of hand held terminal that goes off when your table is ready. Not really sure why any customer would want to be informed by a hand held terminal that your table is ready, but there you go.

Never seen so many fat people in all my life. The women were the worst, but then you look at the menu and you can understand why.

They give away free salad, but can't see the clientele being bothered with that, none of them look like they know what a salad looks like.

I think they flock in for the free refills of Pepsi. Looked to me that one family were there for the weekend drinking as much of the stuff as they could physically fit in.

The food was dreadful. Struggled to choose anything to be fair, but what arrived was absolutely utterly disgusting.

I say this with sincerity, I would need to be paid at least £500 to go into one of these places ever again. And if I did, I would try and stick to the salad.

On exit, the Pepsi family must have been on their third pint (each) and looked like they had a thoroughly great time trying to down the oversized desserts.

I honestly don't know who goes in these places, but for sure nobody could ever enjoy it, unless they appreciate eating as much cack as they possibly could for the cheapest price possible.

This can't be a one off, this is just what they have wanted to create and it must be successful as it was full. But nobody on the planet could ever go in and really say they actually enjoy it

That was me and my family, were genetically fat stupid

Has everyone seen the new Grillstock that opened yesterday where the old Pizza Express was in St Martin's square? The menu looks a BBQ dream.

Ive been to the one in Bristol and it's amazing!!! They also get their beer from Brewdog too which is a nice touch

• Like 2

That place is gonna get visited soon, sounds good.

They do a challenge called the Grand Champion.

Pulled pork, brisket, full rack of babyback ribs & 1⁄2 chicken plus brisket burnt ends, mac ‘n’ cheese, chilli cheese fries, slaw, BBQ beans, pickles and a bread roll.

Eat it all in an hour and you get a t-shirt with "Grand Champion" on it and a free bottle of BBQ sauce. I can't imagine anyone eating all that!!

Edited by GingerrrFox

They do a challenge called the Grand Champion.

Pulled pork, brisket, full rack of babyback ribs & 1⁄2 chicken plus brisket burnt ends, mac ‘n’ cheese, chilli cheese fries, slaw, BBQ beans, pickles and a bread roll.

Eat it all in an hour and you get a t-shirt with "Grand Champion" on it and a free bottle of BBQ sauce. I can't imagine anyone eating all that!!

I'm gonna do it.