Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

FA Cup winners 2015 or...

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but for me Premier League survival is the easy winner.

If we are relegated, there is no guarantee of promotion the following season.

I want to watch my team competing at the highest level week after week.

The FA Cup is a mere distraction.

Glad I'm not the only sane one on here ! Cup run it great but premier league survival is priority !

Glad I'm not the only sane one on here ! Cup run it great but premier league survival is priority !

Think I made it clear I'm of this opinion. 

I can see what Shailen is getting at, but like I said earlier, you've got a chance to jump the queue if you go all out for it this year. It isn't unwinnable.

Comparisons to Portsmouth, Wigan & Birmingham are just insane. Anyone who has made one... just sit there for a minute and think about what you're doing - drawing up a mythical correlation in order to promote your own club turning down the shot of winning silverware. It's a thought process I just cannot get my head around and never will.

Tbf I made a comparison to say what could happen. These clubs have pretty much played out the FA cup over survival scenario and look where they are now. And im not saying winning the cup got them relegated, and I'm know every club faces different circumstances, but the point is getting back to the PL isnt easy, as we know from our own experiences. 

I am very, very 50/50. 

However, the very idea of playing in Europe again gets me going. There's a whole section of the away fanbase who are between 18 and 30 who never got the chance to go Vienna or Madrid, we would totally relish the opportunity to go some Kazakhstan backwater. 

I met a Wigan fan a couple of years ago after their relegation/Cup win and he was pretty low about the relegation which surprised me at the time. 

I am very, very 50/50. 

However, the very idea of playing in Europe again gets me going. There's a whole section of the away fanbase who are between 18 and 30 who never got the chance to go Vienna or Madrid, we would totally relish the opportunity to go some Kazakhstan backwater. 

I met a Wigan fan a couple of years ago after their relegation/Cup win and he was pretty low about the relegation which surprised me at the time. 

Don't you think their situation is a bit different to ours though? Wigan are not an established top flight club, not regulars in the top division, they aren't seen as a big club. Bit like Hull. Where as with ourselves, I think it's different. We've got a bit more history and played in the top flight for a long time. I think Wigan's priority was always staying in the Premier League because of the size of the club, size of the fanbase, even size of the town and where they've come from since their non league days.

I think we look at it another way, well at least 95% of the fanbase. We've had all those years in the top flight, whichever era you look back on but haven't won the great FA Cup. I am proud we've played in four FA Cup finals but it's a shame we haven't won it yet and I've always wanted to see us win it.

Kudos to Shalien for sticking to his guns and arguing his point well.

Cheers pal  :thumbup:

Don't you think their situation is a bit different to ours though? Wigan are not an established top flight club, not regulars in the top division, they aren't seen as a big club. Bit like Hull. Where as with ourselves, I think it's different. We've got a bit more history and played in the top flight for a long time. I think Wigan's priority was always staying in the Premier League because of the size of the club, size of the fanbase, even size of the town and where they've come from since their non league days.

I think we look at it another way, well at least 95% of the fanbase. We've had all those years in the top flight, whichever era you look back on but haven't won the great FA Cup. I am proud we've played in four FA Cup finals but it's a shame we haven't won it yet and I've always wanted to see us win it.

Valid point. We have never won this particular competition, but then do you want us to win it just so that it is off a checklist. Staying in the Premier League surely would be of greater benefit to us,and I believe it is what is better for us out of the two. 

League survival, no question.  If we won the cup and got relegated, with all the Europa League games on top of the hectic Championship schedule will seriously dent our chances of going back up. 

What would be the expectations in Europe anyway with a Championship team?

Let's get established in the Prem first, I'd happily take several seasons bobbing about in the lower half of the table.

Yes a cup would look nice in the history books, but it'd soon be forgotten unless you're a big team like Arsenal who can sustain the consequences.  I give you; Portsmouth, Birmingham and Wigan.  Wouldn't like to be in their shoes now, doesn't bare thinking about.

League survival, no question. If we won the cup and got relegated, with all the Europa League games on top of the hectic Championship schedule will seriously dent our chances of going back up.

What would be the expectations in Europe anyway with a Championship team?

Let's get established in the Prem first, I'd happily take several seasons bobbing about in the lower half of the table.

Yes a cup would look nice in the history books, but it'd soon be forgotten unless you're a big team like Arsenal who can sustain the consequences. I give you; Portsmouth, Birmingham and Wigan. Wouldn't like to be in their shoes now, doesn't bare thinking about.

Winning the FA cup would soon be forgotten??

What????

I meant if you went down, wouldn't count for much.  The Premier league is the bigger fish. 

It is the bigger fish, but given our history it'd get that stupid monkey off our back too about being in the most FA Cup finals without winning it. Plus I want to see us 1) play at Wembley in our lifetime and 2) win an FA Cup final in my lifetime.

Is anybody really going to be up for a 5:05pm kick off against Genk on a Thursday though?  Doesn't fill me with excitement to be honest.

I'm up for winning the FA Cup though. The thought of that gives me excitement, as it should every single Leicester City player.

Is anybody really going to be up for a 5:05pm kick off against Genk on a Thursday though? Doesn't fill me with excitement to be honest.

Belgium would be ideal. With the Eurostar, Leicester to Brussels is as easy a trip as Newcastle away. We'd take thousands.

Would be the highlight of my Leicester City watching life!!!

Mine too.

I was only 12 for the Atletico tie and 15 for Red Star, so was too young to go to the away leg of either match. 

I'd kill to see our fans pack out a foreign square and play some big names in Europe.

Archived