Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

FA Cup winners 2015 or...

Anyway so when we've won the FA Cup who would you want in the Europa League Group Stages?

Sevilla

Slovan Bratislava

Fiorentina

Did get excited at full time yesterday but then remembered Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool and West Ham are all still in it. 

We're pretty much guaranteed to avoid all the lower league sides and draw one of them or West Brom or Palace away.

As for the trophy vs survival thing, it would be amazing to win the Cup but it's been pretty cringe watching Birmingham and Wigan in the Europa League as Championship sides, and being in it would almost certainly detriment our chances of promotion next season.

Desperate to see us in Europe as I was too young when Atletico and Red Star happened, but there's little point turning up as cannon fodder.

Its all about watching on sky for some people and how much money the club make whilst being in the premier league...so they can reduce ticket prices for the punters ...Oh hang on......

Imagine this scenario...

It's the year 2048. Leicester City are playing in the WLS (World League Soccer) after yanks take over the globe. We've just played the 3rd quarter and the cheerleaders and t-shirt cannoners are parading the pitch. The Birch comes out to do his usual chit-chats (he died some time before but was brought back to life via new technology). He says "Now please welcome the Leicester side of the 2014/15 season... these lads finished a magnificent 17th in the old Premier League".

I guarantee your kids or grandkids will look to you and say "who?!". In fact, I guarantee you'd say "who?!"

Now imagine that the Birch welcomes The F.A. Cup winning side of 2015 there'd be raucous applause and the elderly will be saying "I was there when we won the greatest cup competition in Football". Probably there'll be tears of joy as we reminisce with each other in the stands. Kids named Esteban, Riyad or Marcin will meet their parent's heroes. 

Cup without a doubt. Change our history forever and I've always dreamed about doing a European away, I was too young when we were last in it.

That's said, my sister is getting married on May 30th this year, which is giving me terrible nightmares!

Look at what happened to Birmingham City. They won the Carling cup and got relegated the same season. They have struggled to stay in the Championship and are playing a horrible brand of football

They also had an owner who was found guilty of money laundering and jailed for 6 years. Hardly comparable.

Archived