Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

FA Cup winners 2015 or...

I don't know..... I would love us to win the FA Cup (tingles by just saying it) but I think Kitchandro has a point! I don't want to do it in a season where we are relegated. I want it all, and I want to enjoy it without there being a trade off. I abstain from this vote. 

Just to put your mind at rest, the results of this thread are not binding.  The Gods of football will decide...

I wouldn't want to sacrifice 10 years of hard work getting back to the PL and spending just one season there in favour of winning the FA Cup.

1 year out of 10 years in Prem league .

100+ years and no FA Cup.

As yanks would say....you do the maths!!!!!

Staying up FFS look at Wigan - League One next season after a procession of useless managers !!!

I still believe most Wigan fans wouldn't swap their FA Cup victory to still be scrapping for survival in the Premier League.

Given their history and where they came from I'd imagine that winning the FA Cup was beyond even the most optimistic Wigan fans wildest dreams.

I wouldn't want to sacrifice 10 years of hard work getting back to the PL and spending just one season there in favour of winning the FA Cup.

But we've never won it, in 131 years we've never won it.

It would be one of the greatest days of my life if we were to lift the trophy on May 30th!!

It's difficult decision but probably cup, the trip to wembley and all that plus the reward is so massive. Also it means the europa league next season, though its a killer play when your championship look how Wigan struggled to cope with the fixture pile up. 

We have a massive wrong to rewrite of being the most prolific team to an FA Cup Final to never win it.

On three of those four occasions we could have won it, on two, most certainly should have done given our league position/squad.

So, hand on heart?

The Premier League is what we've waited a decade for but we've waited to see that Cup in our hands a lot longer...FA Cup every-time!

Best chance in years of winning the cup, you can say "we'll be in a better position if we stay up for a few years" but how have Newcastle, Villa, Southampton, Swansea etc fared in the cup? You can't just assume that.

cup = history. something that can never be taken away. who will really remember that we survived in 40 years time.

hey son during the 2014-15 season we where shit, foxestalk was divided, all our players got slated. but we survived just. by beating qpr on the last day 1-0 with an og.

son. here's a blu-ray of the time I saw Leicester city win the fa cup and what a cup run it was, knocking out Newcastle, spurs and arsenal along the way.

I would hate us to become Coventry or Portsmouth who talk about their cup success, but are floundering in league 1 and 2. A league competition is harder than a cup so for us to survive in my eyes is a bigger achievement then winning the cup.

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but for me Premier League survival is the easy winner.

If we are relegated, there is no guarantee of promotion the following season.

I want to watch my team competing at the highest level week after week.

The FA Cup is a mere distraction.

I would hate us to become Coventry or Portsmouth who talk about their cup success, but are floundering in league 1 and 2. A league competition is harder than a cup so for us to survive in my eyes is a bigger achievement then winning the cup.

understand your point but we are lightyears ahead of both clubs in terms of finances and the owners seem legit so I'm not so worried about that

Archived