Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

If he doesn't prove to be much good, this will be one Hell of an expensive gamble!

Personally, I think he'll be ok.

How many do you reckon he'll bag if he gets 15 starts?

I reckon he could hit 7 or 8.

I'm having Kramaric/Leicester win bets until he does it.

If he doesn't prove to be much good, this will be one Hell of an expensive gamble!

Personally, I think he'll be ok.

On the flip side, if this season ends in relegation (touch wood that doesn't happen), I can't see prem teams being interested and we'll have one hell of a strike force in the championship next season if he doesn't throw his toys out the pram and demand a move.

On the flip side, if this season ends in relegation (touch wood that doesn't happen), I can't see prem teams being interested and we'll have one hell of a strike force in the championship next season if he doesn't throw his toys out the pram and demand a move.

if we go down, expect clubs to come in for Ulloa at least and Brom to pursue Vardy.  -   ( and Schlupp and Mahrez at the very least and doubt Cambiasso would extend for another year)

if we go down, expect clubs to come in for Ulloa at least and Brom to pursue Vardy. - ( and Schlupp and Mahrez at the very least and doubt Cambiasso would extend for another year)

I think we would keep hold of Ulloa, Vardy and Jeff. Long term deals and we wouldn't need to sell.

I think the only first team players we're likely to lose if we go down are Kramaric, Mahrez and Cambiasso. Kasper will probably leave too as I can see him being 2nd or even 3rd choice, Knockaert as he's out of contract and I don't think he'll renew; the rest I think will be here (including Wasyl and Hammond, who are also out of contract.) We should be able to recoup at least £15m on Mahrez and Kramaric, plus parachute payments, so we should be in a great position to get reinforcements where needed for a promotion push.

I think the only first team players we're likely to lose if we go down are Kramaric, Mahrez and Cambiasso. Kasper will probably leave too as I can see him being 2nd or even 3rd choice, Knockaert as he's out of contract and I don't think he'll renew; the rest I think will be here (including Wasyl and Hammond, who are also out of contract.) We should be able to recoup at least £15m on Mahrez and Kramaric, plus parachute payments, so we should be in a great position to get reinforcements where needed for a promotion push.

I think Kram has signed knowing relegation is a real possibility, so can't see him departing at all. Obviously if he scores a hatful then other clubs will no doubt try their luck.

Mahrez will be the one to depart who we'd want to keep & the rest we could re-sign if we wanted them, but I'm not sure we will

I think we would keep hold of Ulloa, Vardy and Jeff. Long term deals and we wouldn't need to sell.

Vardy! We need to get rid. Just because he did well last season, doesn't mean he will continue where he left off.

If we do go down, we need to build a team with players who can bed us into the Premiership, otherwise we will probably struggle next season, like many other relegated sides. 

I think Kram has signed knowing relegation is a real possibility, so can't see him departing at all. Obviously if he scores a hatful then other clubs will no doubt try their luck.

Mahrez will be the one to depart who we'd want to keep & the rest we could re-sign if we wanted them, but I'm not sure we will

Oh definitely, but his contract will reflect that. Teams all over Europe will look past 5 months in a relegation-bound team in the most physical league in the world and see how effective he was in Croatia. I imagine there's a relegation release clause in there of around the same amount we signed him for that would be triggered by somebody if we went down.

Vardy! We need to get rid. Just because he did well last season, doesn't mean he will continue where he left off.

If we do go down, we need to build a team with players who can bed us into the Premiership, otherwise we will probably struggle next season, like many other relegated sides. 

No, but unless we get a good bid of a few million which I doubt then there's no point getting rid of someone that has already torn the league apart once. Then you replace him next summer for the season in the PL (assuming we go up, of course.)

I like how you assume that we would struggle in the Championship next season despite having the vast majority of the same squad and same management staff that took us up with over 100 points. Most clubs who go down go through upheaval both on and off the field, whereas we would have stability and a proven formula. That's not to say we won't struggle, but to say we 'probably' will is ridiculous.

Nice choice of font. You should read my post again, the half - truth man. 

If you really compare Modric to Kramaric, you are not worth really discussing with. 

Who doesn't love two Croatian fans kicking off on Foxestalk.  Can i stoke the flames by claiming Prosinecki, Boban and Bilic were all shite...

I don't actually agree. I said the same season before last when he was dire and then  look what he did for us last season. I think it takes time for him to adjust to each step up and confidence plays a part too but comes good eventually. I wouldn't play him now but I reckon he could still develop into a good player in the future.

Ulloa is by far our best striker. He has 9 goals in 22 appearances (17 starts and 5 sub), which is a good record for a club like us.

But does he work with our play style? If we went down we'd probably do better with Vardy and Nugent again than with Nugent and Ulloa, assuming Vardy can get his confidence back up again

The biggest plus for us with Krameric is he's an unknown quantity in that opposition don't know what to expect. Yes he's scored a lot of Goals and we all know scoring is a skill in itself.

His positional sense is very good and he does have a bit of skill so here's hoping he got off the mark tomorrow. But the first is always the hardest after that he'll be able to relax and then we should see how good he is. If he can get 10 goals to the end of the season that will be a huge plus for us. Here's hoping he does.

But does he work with our play style? If we went down we'd probably do better with Vardy and Nugent again than with Nugent and Ulloa, assuming Vardy can get his confidence back up again

Yes he looks like a threat in most games. At the moment we are in the premier league, so why are we having a discussion about the championship. Ulloa looks like scoring whenever he gets the ball in the box. The problem is usually he is so isolated up front it is difficult for him to make an impact. Vardy up front on his own, is ineffective since we play diagonal balls into the corner which are of little threat. Ulloa and Nugent are our best partnership up front, but then you have to question if we can play 4-4-2 every week leaving the midfield isolated.

The reason why Nugent plays well of Ulloa is because of his intelligence. He knows exactly where the next pass will be and finds the space. He is a very good link man. If anyone goes to a game, watch his movement and you'll understand why he's good. Vardy and Nugent remind me of Hume and Fryatt. Hume (Vardy) was at times a headless chicken but gave his all and hence a fans favourite, whereas Fryatt (Nugent) was a more intelligent player on the ball

Yes he looks like a threat in most games. At the moment we are in the premier league, so why are we having a discussion about the championship. Ulloa looks like scoring whenever he gets the ball in the box. The problem is usually he is so isolated up front it is difficult for him to make an impact. Vardy up front on his own, is ineffective since we play diagonal balls into the corner which are of little threat. Ulloa and Nugent are our best partnership up front, but then you have to question if we can play 4-4-2 every week leaving the midfield isolated.

The reason why Nugent plays well of Ulloa is because of his intelligence. He knows exactly where the next pass will be and finds the space. He is a very good link man. If anyone goes to a game, watch his movement and you'll understand why he's good. Vardy and Nugent remind me of Hume and Fryatt. Hume (Vardy) was at times a headless chicken but gave his all and hence a fans favourite, whereas Fryatt (Nugent) was a more intelligent player on the ball

I'm not questioning any of what you're saying and I've said the same thing about Nugent in pretty much every thread in which people have criticised him, and the same thing about Vardy too. I'm talking about players of the same style as Ulloa and Vardy, and used the Championship because that's a league they're both proven in. A better player who plays similarly to Vardy, but who's capable of playing in this league, when paired with Nugent would be much more of a threat than Ulloa given how we play, same as in the championship, and how Nugent plays

For someone who has spent little time training with his team mates he has already shown glimpses of what he is capable.

Be patient, if he has not scored 5 or 6 goals by the end of the season then may be the time to question whether the fee was justified,assuming he plays most of the the remaining games. Judgements as to whether he is "shit" or otherwise might then be relevant 

Archived