Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Cambiasso = class

Didn't realise he'd died

RIP Esteban.

We signed him fresh out the Championship and favorite's for relegation.

Now with a year under our belts, even more money and finishing the season as the 4-5th best team in Europe who knows who we'll get,

I just hope they contribute more than a few flashes of brilliance in a poor two thirds of the season

:nigel:  :nigel:  :nigel:

He is the difference between us staying up and going down IMO, even though it was a team effort i think his presence, experience, skill and goals gave us that extra push we needed he couldn't be replaced

There's a new piece in the Mercury today about Esteban's five defining moments.

So to celebrate the occasion, anyone remember this?

Count the amount of touches by Argentina leading up to the goal. Astonishing.

There's a new piece in the Mercury today about Esteban's five defining moments.

So to celebrate the occasion, anyone remember this?

Y

Count the amount of touches by Argentina leading up to the goal. Astonishing.

Can't be Cambiasso, he has hair.

When we were first linked with him, it was for a two year deal.Rumours are he's only on 30k a week,so let's hope a little increase in his wages convinces him to finish a two year project. Although for those saying he might want to return to his native Argentina,the game is a mess over there, which could convince him either way, depending on his intentions.

26 passes in that Argentina goal. Wow! What a finish as well, the back heal assist was also magical. I remember watching that and being astonished by it.

I hope cambi stays, we all love him so much. True quality, and true professional.

P.s. Cambi if your reading this, you look better without hair, you have improved with age me duck. :)

"He didn't want to go to Leicester, I think he would have preferred London" is Harry feeling a bit jealous of our success? Jealous that Pearson landed Cambiasso and he didn't. Brilliant stuff.

are you seriously saying that a chap who has spent (with Mrs C) the last decade in Madrid and Milan would be happy to come and live in Leicester rather than London? I know your an optimistic fella but this is more ridiculous than Ben thinking we would win 9 from 9 !

99/100 foreign players want to play in London, unless they're signing for one of the Machester clubs. I'd include Cambiasso in that list. However, this just shows how determined our management were to sign him, if they could convince him to come to Leicester. Let's face it, we are not an attractive city, so we must have really made him feel appreciated to get him in.

99/100 foreign players want to play in London, unless they're signing for one of the Machester clubs. I'd include Cambiasso in that list. However, this just shows how determined our management were to sign him, if they could convince him to come to Leicester. Let's face it, we are not an attractive city, so we must have really made him feel appreciated to get him in.

That's how he portrayed it when he came. Luckily for us, it seems no londons based clubs were willing to take a chance on him or didn't have the room left in their budget/space in their midfields.

are you seriously saying that a chap who has spent (with Mrs C) the last decade in Madrid and Milan would be happy to come and live in Leicester rather than London? I know your an optimistic fella but this is more ridiculous than Ben thinking we would win 9 from 9 !

Mate I was ripping the schmeical out of that tw't Harry, his tone when talking about Cambiasso was as if he had missed out on one of his targets.

So just to clarify, I think you will find that actually Cambiasso did choose Leicester over London based QPR (probably because he has children and is from a countryside based background himself) if I want a good living for my kids, I certainly wouldn't bring them up in London.

Edit: He has always chosen to live outside of those cities you mention and travel in, interesting fact of the day.

if I want a good living for my kids, I certainly wouldn't bring them up in London.

I wasn't claiming he would live in Brixton or Tottenham ! I hate to be the bearer of bad news but living in somewhere like s Herts or e bucks, Berks, Surrey, with easy access to London and its depth of culture (both educational and entertainment wise) is a bit ahead of stoneygate. I love my city but trust me on this - I have done both!

I am sure that Harry is pissed off that he didn't go the extra mile to get him in. But he chose to invest in longer term signings like fer and Sandro.

Leicester City striker Andrej Kramaric is urging Esteban Cambiasso to extend his stay at the club.

Cambiasso was integral in helping the Foxes pull off their miraculous escape and his contribution has led to the veteran Argentine midfielder becoming a very popular figure among the fans as well as the players.

However, it remains to be seen whether Cambiasso will play for Leicester next season as he has delayed talks of extending his contract at the club which expired at the end of the recently-completed campaign.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is desperate to have Cambiasso on board for the upcoming season as well and now Kramaric has also urged the 34-year old to consider extending his stay at the King Power Stadium.

"Of course we want him to stay here," he told the Leicester Mercury. "He has a lot of experience, he knows what is best for us in each moment. We need him and I hope he will stay.

"He is one of the best players I have played with. He is also one of the best people. He is organised, kind and it is lovely to be in his presence. I really enjoy playing with him and I hope he will play again next season."

Archived