Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Why Give Up?

If you're genuinely too thick to realise that you need to have a bit of optimism to actually enjoy following this club and this sport, then you should probably jack it in and spend your Saturdays in B & Q instead because you're obviously putting half your weekend to waste for no good reason.

I accept things are starting to look difficult, but what does writing us off achieve? It achieves nothing.

I for one will be backing my team to stay up until it is mathematically impossible to do so.

Plus, there is some cause for optimism. Our run-in is so much better than the teams around us. If things go as expected, opposition teams will end up with something like this: (Based on my predicted results, assuming we win when we play them.)

Hull: 32

Sunderland: 32

Villa: 31

QPR: 28

Burnley: 27

I think the gulf between the top and bottom half seems to be bigger than in previous seasons and the old 40 point benchmark could be well out this year. We might only need approximately 33-36 points to stay up.

There's no doubting that we will have to come up with form that we haven't produced so far this season, but I do think we are capable. That losing run absolutely killed us and now we're paying the price. If we can take our recent performances and transfer them in to victories in some of the 'easier' games, we will be in with a shout.

Here's a pretty conservative prediction of how our fixtures might play out: 

Hull (H) - WIN

Spurs (A) - LOSS

West Ham (H) - LOSS

West Brom (A) - DRAW

Swansea (H) - DRAW

Burnley (A) - WIN

Chelsea (H) - LOSS

Newcastle (H) - DRAW

Southampton (H) - LOSS

Sunderland (A) - DRAW

QPR (H) - WIN

W L L D D W L D L D W

P11 W3 D4 L4

Note, we've already won away at Spurs and beaten Newcastle at home in the cup and I've got us down to lose those fixtures. As I said, this estimate is fairly conservative and not out of our reach in the slightest.

These 13 points would take us to 31 points. In the predictions above, that would put is equal on points with Villa. With our current GD and with a few wins under our belt, we'd stay up on GD.

Now look, I know these predictions are rendered pretty much pointless when it comes down to it, and the many number of possibilties are incomprehensible. The only point I'm trying to get across here is that we are by no means out of this, so for fvck sake stop writing the team off.

It's going to be tight. Let's get behind the boys and give them that extra 1%. It could make all the difference.

Saturday for me, if we lose that's it, if we can't beat Hull at home there's no chance we will go on and get the amount of points we need elsewhere. A draw Wouldn't exactly be great either

Why give up?, look at the results, if this manager and side look like they might get some results, and not get beat by more or less every side in the league, I might not have given up.

From what we have seen already this season, the mistakes repeated week after week by the manager and players, there is no point not giving up.

They have had 27 games, and nothing's improved, so I doubt it will for the last 11, either way, it will probably to little to late if the could get a result or two.

Do the people that know we're down and going to lose everyweek still bother to turn up?

Because if I knew what minutes the opposition were going to score their goals I wouldn't be interested.

There is optimism and there is realism and it seems to me those optimists are not looking at reality. 

Just look at the situation, 4 wins so far this season, how are on earth are we going to beat that with only 12 games left? Draws are no good.

Err. Why are you back on it, if I may be bold as to ask? :unsure::unsure:

Oh I pop in now and then see if there is anything worth reading quickly realise it is the same things being said by the same people in every thread get bored and go and do something else.

Do the people that know we're down and going to lose everyweek still bother to turn up?

Because if I knew what minutes the opposition were going to score their goals I wouldn't be interested.

Yes home and away, every week, because I follow Leicester, and just hope the people that run the team, who have performed so badly, just might get it right.

And to be honest, I'm committed to the season ticket, and the away days are so the kids can see the top teams and grounds, might be a long time before they get to see their team play there again.

I think we'll come close to those point estimations but knowing us we"ll do it the hard way by losing to beatable sides and achieving surprise wins. When the fixtures first came out I identified this run of games (which virtually mirrors November) as a decent run in but by which time we may be artificially low in the table coming out of a tough run. However it was the November run which derailed the season with "clever" tactical adjustments to the formation every week such as a narrow midfield diamond v West Brom (when you're trying to supply aerial threat Ullua ?)

I think our current formation can keep the opposition out and keep things tight in most games and look to nick some 1 - 0 's, my fear though is the continued presence of Morgan who will gift goals wnen we least need it. De Laet's inclusion would generate more goalscoring chances than persisting with Simpson too.

Let's do our bit, make a noise, win pens that aren't pens, have opponents sent off for very little etc and leave no stone unturned in our role.

Too many people just don't seem to get it. We don't score enough goals. We can't do anything about our situation without scoring. Nil should be a dirty word in football but not at Leicester.

We just don't set ourselves up to score. We'll be relegated because we didn't have the bottle to have a go and have seemed more intent on not getting walloped than actually winning matches.

Times I've explained why we're so limited as an attacking force yet we continue to run down the same blind alleys tactically.  

It's all right saying we'll keep faith til relegation is mathematically certain but we're losing matches and points for reasons and until we address those reasons we'll continue to be gallant but frustrating losers in the Premiership Stakes.

Even our attitude towards referees is uncompetitive. They're shafting us at times yet we give em the easiest ride imaginable.
There are ways of getting your point across even with the ridiculous amount of protection they get from criticism.

We need to get ruthless in every way.  

Because right now we're like visitors viewing the Premiership with a view to purchasing a stake rather than members by right intent on having an ever-greater say. 

As for those giving us points before the games are played it's just wishful thinking.

We'll get nothing free from anyone - opponents and officials alike. 

If we want something we'll have to earn it.  

And that means scoring goals for a start. 

Where do people get there optimism from!!! lol

life , good curries, steak pies, pork pies, swilled down with a good beer.

Then going home hoping for a good bonk, being sent to the spare room, but hope is eternal,so we try again

the next week.

It is realism, we are in a terrible position and we have been playing badly most of the season, therefore unless there is a sudden unexpected change we are going down. Blind optimism is just as pointless as blind pessimism.

• 1 month later...

Archived